Supernova 2 Testing is FINALLY happening!

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Supernova 2 Testing is FINALLY happening!

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:30 am

On July 12th, the Supernova 2 testing starts. I think it's safe to say that it will be coming out to the US and to expect a garbage US console release with it.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:32 am

garbage? they arent that bad
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:09 am

I really hope they do a better job than Supernova 1. I want this to be the Extreme 2 we've been waiting for.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:14 am

Pheonixguy wrote:garbage? they arent that bad
are you serious? quit smoking crack

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:48 am

danc1005 wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote:garbage? they arent that bad
are you serious? quit smoking crack
lol but i started playing and can pretty much only play ddr on the home versions... so they dont seem that bad to me (and i havent played sn on the ps2 yet)
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:41 am

Pheonixguy wrote: so they dont seem that bad to me (and i havent played sn on the ps2 yet)
Ohhhh...we rest our case.

I own SN for the PS2...really not good.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote: so they dont seem that bad to me (and i havent played sn on the ps2 yet)
Ohhhh...we rest our case.

I own SN for the PS2...really not good.
so i guess i should keep it that way :)
You will be baked

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:26 pm

I have several reasons for disliking the domestic releases. Well there's the fact that Supernova was missing over half of the new arcade songs, the US license songs are pure garbage, (Fall Out Boy should have never been in a DDR release) the inconsistant sync from song to song, the neutered online gameplay, making some songs available in online gameplay only, (of note being Trim, one of the boss songs in the arcade) the requirement of stellar master mode to unlock other songs, and finally, the decision to not include the FMVs for several songs that had them in SNAC. (Of note being iFuturelist.)

People think I'm nuts for only having the Japanese releases, but as they have almost everything that appeared in the arcade along with what few Ultramix songs aren't crap I think I'm justified.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:08 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:I have several reasons for disliking the domestic releases. Well there's the fact that Supernova was missing over half of the new arcade songs, the US license songs are pure garbage, (Fall Out Boy should have never been in a DDR release) the inconsistant sync from song to song, the neutered online gameplay, making some songs available in online gameplay only, (of note being Trim, one of the boss songs in the arcade) the requirement of stellar master mode to unlock other songs, and finally, the decision to not include the FMVs for several songs that had them in SNAC. (Of note being iFuturelist.)

People think I'm nuts for only having the Japanese releases, but as they have almost everything that appeared in the arcade along with what few Ultramix songs aren't crap I think I'm justified.
So in other words sn is crap and the jp versions are pretty good...

lol i had been thinking about getting sn before but after all this im definately not going to :)

any speculation on how sn2 is going to be?
You will be baked

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:34 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:
Amp Divorax wrote:I have several reasons for disliking the domestic releases. Well there's the fact that Supernova was missing over half of the new arcade songs, the US license songs are pure garbage, (Fall Out Boy should have never been in a DDR release) the inconsistant sync from song to song, the neutered online gameplay, making some songs available in online gameplay only, (of note being Trim, one of the boss songs in the arcade) the requirement of stellar master mode to unlock other songs, and finally, the decision to not include the FMVs for several songs that had them in SNAC. (Of note being iFuturelist.)

So in other words sn is crap and the jp versions are pretty good...

lol i had been thinking about getting sn before but after all this im definately not going to :)

any speculation on how sn2 is going to be?
Well, the crappy licenses have already begun as Fatboy Slim's Rockafella Skank (complete with garbage music video) will be in Supernova 2. (Which from here on in will be called SN2INO for Supernova 2 In Name Only!)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:15 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Well, the crappy licenses have already begun as Fatboy Slim's Rockafella Skank (complete with garbage music video) will be in Supernova 2.
Speaking of crappy licenses, I don't remember where I read it, but I read a rumor that Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani may be on it too...I would take Rockafella Skank any day of the week over that.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:33 pm

Looks like videos are popping up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_t ... =Search&v=

Horizontal scrollbar is pwnt.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Looks like videos are popping up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_t ... =Search&v=

Horizontal scrollbar is pwnt.
That Soul Crash song they played in that first video sounds pretty cool. And I'm happy that Fascination Maxx and stuff will be normally playable.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:52 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Horizontal scrollbar is pwnt.
Not on my....WIDESCREEN mwahahahahhahahahahha

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:44 pm

I will state this in advance, while Soul Crash is new in the US, it's not a new arcade song. It was originally a bonus song that was unlocked when the console version of Supernova was released in Japan courtesy of eAmuse.

Also, thank god they finally got Marvelous turned on by default for regular gameplay. This is something I've wanted to see for a long time.
Memorable 2016 quotes: