Supernova Glitches

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Supernova Glitches

Post by letshavetea » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:23 pm

I couldn't find a thread similar to this, but I was wonderin if the machine I was playing on was goofy... or if all the supernovas are glitchy.

I chose... what is it in supernova "Extreme"? difficulty (... heavy mode.... why can't they just keep the same names?.. bah... is this the third or fourth time they've renamed them all?) I chose the Heavy difficulty, and when I chose the song it played it in beginner mode, making me not only feel like an idiot but it cost me a song. I then hit the down arrow a bunch of times to get to heavy afterwards. Are all the machines like this or is the machine I played on just goofy?

The entire machine is brand new... they didn't get an upgrade kit.

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You chose a song list when you chose Extreme.

Should have went all the way to the bottom of the list for All Music and then chose your difficulty. I know, it' s a little bit different from DDR Extreme... you don't choose the difficulty at the beginning anymore.

Oh lawd, thanks for the lulz

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:25 pm

The only 'glitch' was in Konami's decision-making department to not upgrade the interface to something a little more friendly. It's certainly not horrid, but I do see non-casual DDR players struggling with it more than past mixes.

Just be sure to hit 'all music' next time. :wink:

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:13 pm

ohh... that's stupid...

well thanks for clearing that up for me

another thing that was bothering me was that the pads (although brand new) seemed a little unresponsive... I read that SuperNOVA doesn't register arrows as well or something ... is it just because the pads aren't "worn in" yet?...

The game just feels weird to me lol. What's with the loud "THWHUMP" noise when you're going through the song wheel?....

bah.....

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:36 pm

letshavetea wrote:ohh... that's stupid...

well thanks for clearing that up for me

another thing that was bothering me was that the pads (although brand new) seemed a little unresponsive... I read that SuperNOVA doesn't register arrows as well or something ... is it just because the pads aren't "worn in" yet?...

The game just feels weird to me lol. What's with the loud "THWHUMP" noise when you're going through the song wheel?....

bah.....
The big software bug for SuperNova is that many songs are desynced. You should have the updated version which fixes many/most, but not all of the desynced stuff.

The behavior that's been seen with new Betson SN pads is mostly STICKING arrows. New Pump and ITG (same thing) stages also do this, so it would appear to be related to the fact that they're new, rather than a design issue. It seems to go away after a few weeks in any case. If it's not registering at all, there may be another problem. It's possible that a bracket fell off in transit, or it just plain isn't plugged in.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:53 pm

Not to mention the lack of unlocks for boss songs.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:38 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Not to mention the lack of unlocks for boss songs.
That's not so much a bug as them not wanting to do it. They could certainly do it with another software update if they wanted to.

The issue is that the whole thing was set up for e-Amuse (as it was planned to be on SN machines in the USA then scrapped right around launch), and evidently there is no facility for unlocking them in a different manner.

Like I said, I'm not sure I'd consider this a bug so much as oversight or poor planning. It certainly doesn't cause malfunction, unlike the off-sync stepcharts, just missing functionality.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:35 pm

Yeah, I suppose. The offbeat songs get old as well.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:53 pm

I think everyone just played ITG and PIU too much during the great DDR hiatus and their idea of offsync got messed up because the timing on the other games is different than DDR.

Joking, ha. SuperNOVA may not have perfect timing but it's really not as bad as everyone bashes it out to be. It's just as good as Extreme, IMO, at least the newer/patched version.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:29 pm

Not hardly. Xepher, Red Zone, Xenon, Murmur Twins off the top of my head are terrible. There are plenty more I can't remember.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:39 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Not hardly. Xepher, Red Zone, Xenon, Murmur Twins off the top of my head are terrible. There are plenty more I can't remember.
Curus and Magic Door are terribly offsync as well.

I'm sorry, but if you are getting like over 100 greats on a song that you KNOW that you can AA, then it's offsync.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:25 pm

blackcat wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Not hardly. Xepher, Red Zone, Xenon, Murmur Twins off the top of my head are terrible. There are plenty more I can't remember.

I'm sorry, but if you are getting like over 100 greats on a song that you KNOW that you can AA, then it's offsync.
I got all greats on the first part of Xenon with the easy 8th run.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:40 pm

I could AAA Max300 if Supernova wasn't so offbeat.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:06 pm

blackcat wrote:

Magic Door doesn't feel off to me, but Curus is probably the most offbeat song in the whole game besides Xepher.

Star Gate Heaven feels pretty off to me. So does Moon. I got 8 Greats on Moon when I first played it on an unpatched machine, then around 90 on a patched machine. What?

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:27 pm

It really does just have a different timing window. I don't think the number of offsync songs on the game really makes an impact compared to how much is on sync.