Who here prefers the older mixes?

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:24 pm

You counted DMX twice, but neglected to consider IIDX. I presume that's what you intended.

I can loan you MKIIDX, then you might just be able to make it. :)

As far as the topic goes, I do tend to prefer older mixes. I caught myself playing Extreme tonight, and actually enjoying it a bit, but only because it has probably been over a YEAR since I've played it. I think I still would have preferred MAX2, 5th, 4th Plus, or good old 3rd VK2.

Oh, and Jeff Jeff Revolution: Stop pulling numbers out of your butt. If you'd read dance1005's sig, you'd know that only Ho is allowed to do that! :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:28 pm

I started on PIU: exceed 2 so all DDR sucks to me....................JUST KIDDING.
I actually tryed Extreme when I hung out with Katy....but I only played it once at the Union and once at the Ho House. I then played a lot of Super Nova....if I had to choose between DDR and Pump I would pick pump..but if pump is not an option I like Supernova just fine.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:55 pm

MonMotha wrote: Oh, and Jeff Jeff Revolution: Stop pulling numbers out of your butt. If you'd read dance1005's sig, you'd know that only Ho is allowed to do that! :)
Haha, I was thinking of adding Ho's new butt statement, but decided against it.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:53 pm

Ho wrote:
Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
Ho wrote:How many games do I need to be considered an "actual arcade"? ;)
Eight, but for it to be a credible DDR arcade, it needs people to walk by and say "omgz how does he do dat?" or get on the other pad and mock you while you play.
Eight? How do you figure that? Not that I'm disputing it, it just seems like a number you pulled out of your butt. ;)

Let's see...DDR, PIU, DMX, DMX, PPP, and Daytona. Daytona is two seats...does that count as one or two? Do I need one more or two more?
Thats more than the... err... 'room' at our mall that has a couple of old boring games... lol

i think i like max2 the best, the songs more than anything...

and i HATE 3rd Vk2, the interface makes me want to pull my hair out (im pretty sure its that, ddrfreak says so :?) with the stupid SSR mode and putting it on flat and then i cant ever change it back

*gasp for air*

that and the machine in lafayette is on uber hard life bar
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:55 pm

Pheonixguy wrote: and i HATE 3rd Vk2, the interface makes me want to pull my hair out (im pretty sure its that, ddrfreak says so :?) with the stupid SSR mode and putting it on flat and then i cant ever change it back
3rd VK2 always has an uber-hard life bar, near as I've determined. Basically, it seems to be trying to emulate pump it up of the day: difficult life bar, jumpy step charts (in the Korean exclusives).

SSR Code: <<<>>><> on the cabinet arrows - enter at the title screen
Vivid Code (removes flat in SSR mode): <><<>><> on the pad - enter at the song selection screen

Simple enough.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:32 pm

Ho wrote:
Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
Ho wrote:How many games do I need to be considered an "actual arcade"? ;)
Eight, but for it to be a credible DDR arcade, it needs people to walk by and say "omgz how does he do dat?" or get on the other pad and mock you while you play.
Eight? How do you figure that? Not that I'm disputing it, it just seems like a number you pulled out of your butt. ;)

Let's see...DDR, PIU, DMX, DMX, PPP, and Daytona. Daytona is two seats...does that count as one or two? Do I need one more or two more?
*Backs up case with even more numbers from butt*

I said eight because each arcade game could serve 1 or 2 players. Using an average of 1.5 per machine, I estimated that an arcade of credibility of an estimated eight games at 1.5 players per game could serve at least 12 players. Let's examine your "arcade":

-DDR: 2 players
-PIU: 2 players
-Daytona: 2 players
-PPP: 1 player
-DMX: 2 players
-IIDX: 2 players

Total: 13 players. Congrats! You count as an arcade! However, you still need to find a slurpee machine and people to come in and heckle.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:51 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:*Backs up case with even more numbers from butt*

I said eight because each arcade game could serve 1 or 2 players. Using an average of 1.5 per machine, I estimated that an arcade of credibility of an estimated eight games at 1.5 players per game could serve at least 12 players. Let's examine your "arcade":

Total: 13 players. Congrats! You count as an arcade! However, you still need to find a slurpee machine and people to come in and heckle.
As MonMotha noted, I accidentally listed DMX twice and left off IIDX. You counted DMX twice and included IIDX. Let's try this again:

Total: 11 players. I guess I've got some work to do yet. :P

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:18 am

I have never played any of the US DDR console releases and I heavily doubt if I ever will. (The Wii release may change that depending on if there won't be a JP release.) Also, I don't really consider the US PSone releases all that old skool since they do reflect when Konami started making the timing easier on the console releases. As for the arcade, I have been avoiding Supernova cause I don't really like alot of the new songs. (I will say this though, I'm glad that Jam and Marmalade finally made it into an arcade release!)

Honestly speaking, I can care less about how many games it takes to be considered a real arcade. If I didn't live so far away from Ho's house I'd probably arrange some trips there cause being in a Bemani/Wii friendly environment is awesome.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:23 pm

3rd Mix Asian for life.

SSR + joint premium = learning how to play very quickly.

Yay Greenwood before it got gay.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:37 pm

MonMotha wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote: and i HATE 3rd Vk2, the interface makes me want to pull my hair out (im pretty sure its that, ddrfreak says so :?) with the stupid SSR mode and putting it on flat and then i cant ever change it back
3rd VK2 always has an uber-hard life bar, near as I've determined. Basically, it seems to be trying to emulate pump it up of the day: difficult life bar, jumpy step charts (in the Korean exclusives).

SSR Code: <<<>>><> on the cabinet arrows - enter at the title screen
Vivid Code (removes flat in SSR mode): <><<>><> on the pad - enter at the song selection screen

Simple enough.
Crap, lol, ive been trying to put in the code for flat thinking it was like pump where you put in the code again to deactivate it
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:24 pm

Spazz wrote:3rd Mix Asian for life.

SSR + joint premium = learning how to play very quickly.

Yay Greenwood before it got gay.
I remember that Asian mix at Greenwood Park Mall about 4 years ago. Good times.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:28 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:Crap, lol, ive been trying to put in the code for flat thinking it was like pump where you put in the code again to deactivate it
Most of the other codes on 3rd mix work that way. SSR mode is special in that the default mode is flat. It's not a mod code or anything. If you want vivid, you have to put in the vivid code. If you put it in again, it takes it off. Apparently, they were trying to be "old school" looking with SSR mode.

DDRFrick's FAQ for 3rd mix has all this info, including songlist info for the various versions (answer: Korea2 is the best, generic Asia is the worst).
A normality test:
+++ATH

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:15 pm

MonMotha wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote:Crap, lol, ive been trying to put in the code for flat thinking it was like pump where you put in the code again to deactivate it
Most of the other codes on 3rd mix work that way. SSR mode is special in that the default mode is flat. It's not a mod code or anything. If you want vivid, you have to put in the vivid code. If you put it in again, it takes it off. Apparently, they were trying to be "old school" looking with SSR mode.

DDRFrick's FAQ for 3rd mix has all this info, including songlist info for the various versions (answer: Korea2 is the best, generic Asia is the worst).
That is the only reason i even knew there was an SSR mode... i feel very stupid
You will be baked

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:08 pm

Only great things in DDR are the Korean songs, Max 2, and the beginning of Oni courses.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Karl
Standard
Standard

Post by Karl » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:26 am

I have always perfered the older mixes, specifically 5th mix. I wish a machine would pop up around here someday that was something between 3rd and 5th. The home versions of those games are nice to play sometimes, but it doesn't beat the real deal.
The internet is serious buisness, kids.