Top 10 Indiana players

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Top 10 Indiana players

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:40 pm

I know KYDDR does this, and I think this promotes some healthy competition. That and since I've never really played anywhere but Bloomington, I want to know who is really good that I may never see. Basically it's what it sounds like. List your top 10 Indiana DDR players.

I'm not sure I can come up with 10 now, but I can do a few.

1) Casey
2) TaQa
3) Matt (way of the x)
4) Shannon (Unlimited MaxX)
5) Edit: Forgot shammers
6) Kyler (Secef)
... then I dunno. I'm sure I'm leaving out some obvious names, but that's what this thread is for.

NOTE: I don't want this thread to be anything more than a discussion. Not everyone can be the best, but that isn't a reason to say "(person) SUX omgz." That being said, I'd also like to say now that I'm well aware that people play this game for fun. So if you feel like posting your thoughts on how competition is lame and how it's just a game that no one should take so seriously, do it in another thread.
Last edited by Fluffyumpkins on Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:51 pm

Ehh... from what I know...

1) Casey
1) TaQa
2) Matt (The X)
3) Shannon
4) ShammerS
4) Little Joe (when he did, if he still does)
5) Ft. Wayne Joe (Orange Lounger)
5) pkmnx
6) Merk
7 beyond) Hmm... there're probably plenty of people down south better than me too, IE Karl.

My list would roll something like that. No way I'm up there.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:07 pm

Dude, Archibald Brown is like... the best DDR player... ever.

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:49 pm

1)TaQa
2)Casey - These two are really close, i just think lack of practice lately has probably let David get above him.
2)Matt Dunn
4)Shannon
5)Joe Howell - Do you even play anymore man?
6)Kyler
7)Riot - Do you play anymore either?
8)Ft. Wayne Joe
9)Karl
10)R.J. - No idea if he plays anymore.
10)Shammers

I really think that's about it, quite honestly, i havn't seen everybody play much in awhile, so i'm not even going to bother to assume i'm on the list anymore after my short hiatus.

Edit:Sorry Shannon, somehow you slipped my mind last night, made a few slight corrections too.
Last edited by CgSquall on Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:27 am

CgSquall wrote:1)TaQa
2)Casey - These two are really close, i just think lack of practice lately has probably let David get above him.
2)Matt Dunn
4)Joe Howell - Do you even play anymore man?
5)Kyler
6)Riot - Do you play anymore either?
7)Ft. Wayne Joe
8)Karl
9)Shammers
10)R.J. - No idea if he plays anymore.
Actually in all honesty when it comes to normal play it goes like this

1)Matt
3)Me
3)Taqa
4)Joe Howell
5)Shannon
(not a typo, I tied me and David)

Now, if you ask Matt, he'll tell you a week or two before a tourney I practice hardcore and start beating him, which is hard to do considering he under 5G EVERYTHING, or jus AAA's it. TaQa has also told me he doesn't play DDR much anymore, maybe once a week. I only play a week or two before a tournament. Joe doesn't play anymore, but is still up there, he did the 'official' quit after he lost to me in Muncie (so it seemed), and Shannon is right below Joe. Sam (Shammers) shouldn't even be on the top 10 list. lmao he was good when he played but nothing else. JUST GOOD :)

If you go by tournament results though It'd be:
1)Me
2)Joe
3)Matt
I think I've probably played in 50 DDR tournaments if not more -_-x kinda sad actually.

I place in just about every tournament I go to and prepare for, unless its a gay 1x tournament (cough muncie's first tournament) or DDR-a-thon that i didn't plan on going to ^_^. Its to bad Matt and TaQa don't go to the ohio tournaments, They are insane at DDR. I took Joe Howell to one and he got raped -_-x.

Anyways, jus giving the real stats -_-x

Oh and if you go by most AAA's I'd be first in that too :D

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:09 am

I'll second Casey on that one.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:34 am

I can remember when Casey was an awkward, struggling noob like all the ones he seems to delight in belittling these days. Despite the undeniable skill he has amassed at the game, his attitude toward many other players and this community would prevent me from placing him on a Top Players list...not that I'd ever be inclined to compose such a thing anyway.

I think there's a whole lot more to DDR than AAAs and passing songs, and frankly any judgements I may make put a lot more emphasis on the subjective aspects of the game than straight ranking.

In that regard, I have a ton of respect for Matt. He is both highly skilled and has style and class to boot. If he has any fault, it is only that his soft spoken nature seems to prevent him from taking the credit he deserves. He is a near-silent counterpoint of almost excessive modesty to Casey's pompous arrogance.

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

Post by yamcha61 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:38 am

I think there's a whole lot more to DDR than AAAs and passing songs, and frankly I put a lot more respect for the subjective aspects of the game than straight ranking. In that regard, I have a ton of respect for Matt. He is both highly skilled and has style and class to boot. If he has any fault, it is only that his soft spoken nature seems to prevent him from taking the credit he deserves. He is a near-silent counterpoint of almost excessive modesty to Casey's pompous arrogance

I couldn't of said it any better myself.
What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:04 am

yamcha61 wrote:
I think there's a whole lot more to DDR than AAAs and passing songs, and frankly I put a lot more respect for the subjective aspects of the game than straight ranking. In that regard, I have a ton of respect for Matt. He is both highly skilled and has style and class to boot. If he has any fault, it is only that his soft spoken nature seems to prevent him from taking the credit he deserves. He is a near-silent counterpoint of almost excessive modesty to Casey's pompous arrogance

I second the motion!

Yeah, Matt's my buddy. And I suppose it's true that he's the only person who can truely beat Archibald Brown's metaphorical powers... And he doesn't even have to lie about it like I do!

But yeah, I've met tons of people who could AAA pretty much anything. So whose to say that this person is better than that person? I mean, once you get to a sertain level, the only thing that can really hold you back is the condition of the pads your playing on.

Personally, I don't strive to be the best damn DDR player that ever were. I've got too much other crap going on in my life, and I would rather focus on my work and school than how fast and accurately I can stomp arrows. Guess that's why I can only AAA like, Kind Lady and Silent Hill.

[edit] spelling
Last edited by Grubb on Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:24 am

In all honesty, I'm better than Riot.

But I don't think this list has a good purpose, as everyone will constantly be debating it.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Post by Ray_Clark » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:27 am

Grubb wrote:
yamcha61 wrote:

I second the motion!

Yeah, Matt's my buddy. And I suppose it's true that he's the only person who and truely beat Archibald Brown's metaphorical powers... And he doesn't even have to lie about it like I do!

But yeah, I've met tons of people who could AAA pretty much anything. So whose to say that this person is better than that person? I mean, once you get to a sertain level, the only thing that can really hold you back is the condition of the pads your playing on.

Personally, I don't strive to be the best damn DDR player that ever were. I've got too much other crap going on in my life, and I would rather focus on my work and school than how fast and accurately I can stomp arrows. Guess that's why I can only AAA like, Kind Lady and Silent Hill.
Exactly and that's why ppl gather in such a forum like this to not just talk and brag all day about how many tournaments u win or how many AAA's u achieved, but to meet new friends and play the game that so many love without any drama or negativity. I personally want to be as good as I can be, but I also try to be open minded to other players who give me tips, joke around, and most importantly, just play the game and have fun. I cant tell you my top 10 cause I really dont know everybody yet, but my money's on Matt for that #1 spot because of not his skills, but his respect for others players. A true player who shows sportsmanship. :)

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:30 am

Guys, Riot doesn't play anymore and hasn't for a long time. Remember the "I think I quit DDR" thread?

So I guess in that respect, as of right now SoDeepPolaris is indeed better than Riot. Keep on listing, I think people's thoughts on this are interesting.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:33 pm

Merk wrote:Guys, Riot doesn't play anymore and hasn't for a long time. Remember the "I think I quit DDR" thread?

So I guess in that respect, as of right now SoDeepPolaris is indeed better than Riot. Keep on listing, I think people's thoughts on this are interesting.
Yeah I know he quit, but as of now I'm saying I'm better than he was when he quit. If he continued to play, he'd probably have gotten better than I am right now, but that isn't the case.

You and Joe are the only Ft. Wayne "residents" that I know of that are better than me.

It is pretty interesting though to see peoples thoughts.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:35 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:In all honesty, I'm better than Riot.

But I don't think this list has a good purpose, as everyone will constantly be debating it.
LoL. I haven't played for 8 months, but I bet I could still beat ya. When do you wanna play? ^_^ I'll come out of retirement for ya.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:38 pm

Riot wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote:In all honesty, I'm better than Riot.

LoL. I haven't played for 8 months, but I bet I could still beat ya. When do you wanna play? ^_^ I'll come out of retirement for ya.
;) ;) Ok, cutie.

OMG DDR DUELZZZ!

Last time I remember playing with you you were on your AA all the cata's quest.