SuperNOVA2

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:34 pm

isn't supernova2 supernova+200ish songs?

It was rumored as a 200 song upgrade for Supernova for a while... but then they announced it, so.... does it have the orriginal Supernova songs in it?... I havn't played Supernova yet!... bah

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:34 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
dance1005 wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Max 1 brought so many new things to DDR. It was not suck.
Like freeze arrows!
And speed mods.
And extra stage/OMES
max 300
so deep
groove radar
completely fresh songlist

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Cbav wrote:true, from what i've seen and heard superNOVA was a superFUCKUP
Featuring hits from Gary Glitter, R. Kelly, and Michael Jackson!
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:36 pm

letshavetea wrote:isn't supernova2 supernova+200ish songs?

It was rumored as a 200 song upgrade for Supernova for a while... but then they announced it, so.... does it have the orriginal Supernova songs in it?... I havn't played Supernova yet!... bah
watch them pull ITG songs. haha
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:17 am

Konami = big ITG haters :-( They probably wouldn't even be smart enough to put in a USB port anywhere :-(

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:48 am

TaQa wrote:
Cbav wrote:
Intermezzo wrote:Maybe Supernova 2 will be to Supernova as Max 2 was to Max. I've never played either Max or Max 2 AC but from what I've heard, the first sucked and the second was released right after it and completely made up for it.

*crosses fingers* please give us mei, snow storm and blind justice.
Really? Max1 was awesome, Max2 sucked ass
Uhh, lies? Max2 and 5th are by far my favorite DDR mixes. Max1 was a downgrade from 5th, and Max2 brought it back to form.
Agreed. All Max 1 had that was worth it was Bye Bye Baby Ballon.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:31 am

Random comment: The SuperNOVA2 logo looks like a cross between Extreme and SuperNOVA that got hijacked by a minor league hockey team.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:57 pm

The X wrote:
TaQa wrote:
Cbav wrote: Really? Max1 was awesome, Max2 sucked ass
Uhh, lies? Max2 and 5th are by far my favorite DDR mixes. Max1 was a downgrade from 5th, and Max2 brought it back to form.
Agreed. All Max 1 had that was worth it was Bye Bye Baby Ballon.
From what I liked from Max1 was the songlist. I'm talking about the home versions here. Yeah, Max did begin the crazyness of the Max songs. It pretty much was a great landmark in the history of DDR. Without it, we wouldn't have anything tough. (That includes PSMO (hence- Paranoia Survivor MAX oni)

hah.

Max2, imo had a ridiculous songlist. It was a lot more mainstream music that I didn't want to play. + the theme / gfx (dark orange / brown / black) just looked bad. Max1 had the yellow, blue, brighter colors that attracted imo a lot more people.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:06 pm

If you think MAX was where DDR first started to get tough, you obviously haven't played some of the neo-maniac steps on 4th Plus. Go play Butterfly Upswing Mix Maniac Double. I think that song was the inspiration for Max 300.

Note that you have to do this on a 4th Mix machine. 3rd Mix has a different, older chart, and Upswing Mix never showed up again (unless it's on Supernova with the Maniac2 chart for some reason).

Also: the US CS releases of the Max era DDRs had almost nothing to do with their arcade counterparts. The JP CS releases were much more faithful to the arcade.

Also 2: You damned well better not be hating on MAX2 JP AC.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:07 pm

Some of the 9-footers on 5th mix are super-tough, especially on 1x. Romansu No Kamisama? That would easily rival Cartoon Heroes IMO.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:10 pm

MonMotha wrote:If you think MAX was where DDR first started to get tough, you obviously haven't played some of the neo-maniac steps on 4th Plus. Go play Butterfly Upswing Mix Maniac Double. I think that song was the inspiration for Max 300.

Note that you have to do this on a 4th Mix machine. 3rd Mix has a different, older chart, and Upswing Mix never showed up again (unless it's on Supernova with the Maniac2 chart for some reason).

Also: the US CS releases of the Max era DDRs had almost nothing to do with their arcade counterparts. The JP CS releases were much more faithful to the arcade.

Also 2: You damned well better not be hating on MAX2 JP AC.
Ahh. I started playing on 5th mix. (Konamix for ps1?)
At that time the hardest songs were maybe Afronova, maybe Paranoia, I was never much of a doubles player.

I guess you could also say my definition of tough is a 12 or 13 on ITG. Hah.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Konamix was based on the 4th mix engine. It was one of the more decent US releases, but was still somewhat toned down in difficulty compared to the JP releases of the time with I think Paranoia Rebirth being about as tough as it got. I'm not sure if the new maniac steps made it to the home releases of DDR in Japan or not, but they probably did. Any mix subsequent to 4th mix (until Extreme) would have had the new maniac steps instead of the old ones for songs which were given new steps on 4th mix. Extreme tended to put the original maniac steps as Heavy and the new ones as Challenge when such a song came up.

I know Stomp to my Beat was also given new Maniac steps, though I think the double chart was much harder than the single. The US MAX release with that song used the older, easier steps. Have You Never Been Mellow was also given some rather challenging (especially for the era) maniac steps on 4th mix which rather faithfully follow the percussion part.

Still, I think Butterfly Upswing Maniac2 Double has to take the cake for difficulty prior to MAX. When I first saw that chart, I thought it was a machine glitch!
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:38 pm

MonMotha wrote:Have You Never Been Mellow was also given some rather challenging (especially for the era) maniac steps on 4th mix which rather faithfully follow the percussion part.
Actually, that was Xanadu. :)
MonMotha wrote:Still, I think Butterfly Upswing Maniac2 Double has to take the cake for difficulty prior to MAX. When I first saw that chart, I thought it was a machine glitch!
It certainly evoked a WTF from the both of us!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:16 pm

Ho wrote:
MonMotha wrote:Have You Never Been Mellow was also given some rather challenging (especially for the era) maniac steps on 4th mix which rather faithfully follow the percussion part.
Actually, that was Xanadu. :)
I stand corrected. You are right - it was indeed Xanadu.
A normality test:
+++ATH