Why ITG is better than DDR (not a flame thread)

Moderator: Moderators

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:25 pm

Where else does one pull numbers from?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:39 am

CaseyDidder wrote:
MonMotha wrote:Back on topic, I noticed something. ITG songs tend to average around 2 minutes, rather than 1.5 which was normal for DDR. This can make things harder by being more tiring, and of course, a longer game is always nice for those playing to get their money's worth. The challenge of keeping the steps from becoming repetitive is even greater with longer songs, though ITG seems to do an OK job.
uh duh? they advertise that very point. 90% of there songs are above 1:50 mark, and only 2 are under, at 1:47 and 1:48. 50% are over the 2 minute mark, and no I'm not jus pulling these numbers out of my ass.
The possible downside to this is that it can reduce turnover and revenue generation for the game...something an arcade owner may or may not be too keen on. Although average game length (on a single credit) for DDR is already above average by my guesstimate. However, both games tend to foster rabid repeat players, so hopefully revenue balances itself out over the long haul.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:43 am

CaseyDidder wrote:uh duh? they advertise that very point. 90% of there songs are above 1:50 mark, and only 2 are under, at 1:47 and 1:48. 50% are over the 2 minute mark, and no I'm not jus pulling these numbers out of my ass.
I fail to see how the fact that they advertise it (despite the fact that I may nto have noticed it before) somehow makes it not something worth mentioning on the topic of "Why ITG is better than DDR", unless you think that makes DDR better for having shorter songs?
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Fuzakeru
Standard
Standard

Post by Fuzakeru » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:16 pm

After finally having the pleasure of watching someone play ITG ( S'was too sick myself to play at the time and MMR rocks ) I have to say I really thought it was better than DDR. Taken for granted I haven't been in the DDR scene for long but I do happen to like the songs better from DDR than ITG that I've come across thus far. However, the complications and challenges in ITG were much more exciting.
From just hearing of the game I was afraid it was just a new phase on DDR but I'm happy to find that it's a delightful recreation of the dancing genre.

That's just my opinion though. I think I'll stick to DDR until I'm ready to tackle this next challenger ( although next time I'm down in the land of corn and cows I will be stalking Putt Putt for a while )!

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:04 pm

I've noticed that ITG tends to stay around the same length as DDR; if it's longer, it's only by a small margin. Marathons have less songs than Onis (although admittedly the same as Nonstops), and the absence of Extra Stage makes normal play shorter.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:36 pm

I really want to try ITG, everybody says it's fun and I think I would enjoy it because personally I am getting kind of tired of DDR, but I still love it. 8)
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy