Redoctane Metals

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:11 am

Yep they lost my order... when my dad called back they said that "Fred" probably was taking my order that day... and well Fred no longer works there.... he got fired

i should get my pad in 5-8 days now :D

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:20 pm

They should send you two for mental anguish.

And a plane ticket from Fort Wayne to the great n00blet state of Wisconsin so I can help you break them in. I mean, so you can try to emotionally sustain yourself once again. o_o n____n
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

sonykid753
Standard
Standard

Post by sonykid753 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:05 am

lol ya u need to get SOMETHIN free out of this
AAA's - 1
1. kind lady

SDG's - 17
17. sexy planet oni - 5
16. its raining men - 8
15. butterfly - 5

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:57 am

umm... i get free shipping i think.. but RedOctane has free shipping though anyways :P

sonykid753
Standard
Standard

Post by sonykid753 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:14 pm

lol well thats no good
AAA's - 1
1. kind lady

SDG's - 17
17. sexy planet oni - 5
16. its raining men - 8
15. butterfly - 5

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:54 pm

im just glad i get my pad soon.. i just cant wait...

WEDNESDAY!!! hehe

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:54 pm

FINNALLY it is here! hehe alright ive been playing with it for a while and ive noticed that it is EXTEMELY QUIET for a metal pad... im impressed with how it is setup... like the looks of it and such...

one thing that dissapointed me was that when i pulled the converter box out of the container the cords were hanging out of it... (like the thin cords you normally arent saposed to see) but i just pushed the thing back in and its all good now... but that was just like "whoa... thats odd" when i saw that...

and ive been playin with it for the past 2 hours... and already there are stress points in the buttons... is that normal or is that a sign of the pad calling me fat?.. (i weigh 180 lbs)

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:24 am

letshavetea wrote:and ive been playin with it for the past 2 hours... and already there are stress points in the buttons... is that normal or is that a sign of the pad calling me fat?.. (i weigh 180 lbs)
umm does this happen often? where the pads start getting stress points RIGHT AWAY?... i was wondering becasue the pad is still under warrentee :P

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:27 pm

I have no idea whether that's the norm or not, I might ask the guy in that live chat that they have. Other than that, what is your overall review of it? Is it a good pad for the money, or should people just go for a cobalt flux?
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:46 am

Yea the pad is great, it is a HUGE change from a $15 soft pad in more than one way.

With a soft pad you have the main square that noobs don't dare to step off of with both feet (it says "Stay Cool" on it) and the sensors in a soft pad tend to crawl into that square... like you barely have to move your feet to hit the sensor. With the RedOctane pad you have to hit the center of the button for it to always regester. So that is an odd change for me.

I love the soft foamy stuff on the bottom so that if you want to move it around you can just drag it and you dont have to lift it up. Im comparing this to my old MyMyBox pads I have (currently unoperative) where it had many small feet on the bottom of the pad that if i tried to drag the pad across my floor the feet would stick to the ground and it wouldn't move easily. The pad doesn't slide much though on carpet, I haven't tried it on tile or hardwood floors yet though.

The pad itself if constructed very sturdy, all except for that 1" edge at the foot of the pad (near the down arrow). That little area has a frame around it and it seems like it just has a piece of metal set inside that frame, it doesnt have any supports to it in the middle of the pad so that if you step on that part wrong it will bend inward (i pushed on it alittle and it started to bend in and it didnt come back out all the way)

If you wish to play Solo mode (6 pannels) the corner buttons are a little harder to hit than the normal pannels. So you have to keep that in mind when you play. I don't stomp on my buttons at all and I try to barely push them at all when I play but I guess I didn't push the "B" and "A" buttons hard enough :P. But you have to understand, I BARELY push the buttons. The "B" and "A" buttons aren't hard to push for any normal player.

I love the little red splitter box that allows you to play on Xbox or PS2 because I play DDR on both consoles and so that box helped a lot with this :D

Overall I'd give the pad 9.5/10 because of how responsive the buttons are, how it doesn't slide, and the duel box thing.

The .5 is missing because of the 2 1/2 months it took to get to me. It took that long because they lost my order and we had to re-order it.

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:18 pm

Didn't you say it already started to show wear on the arrows? Do you know if there is anything you can do to make it more sensitive? ie: Make it to where you don't have to step in the middle of the arrow every time?

I weigh somewhere around 170 or so, I think..its been a while since I checked..I also tend to play hard, not really stomp but I play a bit harder than normal. I dunno what I'm going to go with.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:50 pm

I dont know but if the panels end up getting worse you could try to go and buy some lexan like they use for CF pads and cut it to fit. That might not work but it could be worth a try. I dont know how much lexan costs so that may not be a good idea after all.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

DDR uhh idunno
Light
Light

Post by DDR uhh idunno » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:40 pm

so u ordered another one don't break this one like u broke ur other 2 then tried to "fix" them

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:55 pm

DDR uhh idunno wrote:so u ordered another one don't break this one like u broke ur other 2 then tried to "fix" them
Do you even know what you're talking about? :P

hascoolnickname--Is Lexan the same thing as Lucite? I can get that at Lowe's down the road for (not very, but somewhat) cheap.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:33 am

PrototypePacifist wrote:
DDR uhh idunno wrote:so u ordered another one don't break this one like u broke ur other 2 then tried to "fix" them
Do you even know what you're talking about? :P

hascoolnickname--Is Lexan the same thing as Lucite? I can get that at Lowe's down the road for (not very, but somewhat) cheap.
ddr uhh i dunno is my step brother... and he just likes to troll the forums trying to piss me off... when both my pads broke.. he was the one playing on them at the time....