Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:11 pm

haha, oh..I was wondering where he got all that info from. :P

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:51 pm

I am not sure of the differences of Lexan and Lucite, I would ask somebody working there if they knew the difference. I do know that Lexan is what they use on the Cobalt Flux pads, but I have not seen one in real life to compare.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:22 am

yea ive heard about making the buttons out of lexan instead... im gunna e-mail them and ask if the buttons usually break and if they dont if i could have some replacements... (my up arrow is like cracked all the way across already) because my pad is still under warrenty...

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:06 pm

You should call up there every few weeks and tell them your arrows are cracked and to send you 4 more. That way when they keep cracking you'll have the replacements. :P

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:56 am

PrototypePacifist wrote:You should call up there every few weeks and tell them your arrows are cracked and to send you 4 more. That way when they keep cracking you'll have the replacements. :P
usually companies ask for the old piece back.. so that wouldnt work heh

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:21 pm

wow that sounds like it sucks now

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:52 pm

Status update on my pad...

well the first month with it was great... but then after that it went downhill... I pulled my pad out maybe 10 times.... thats it and already it is giving me troubles... as of right now..
  • the left sensor wont regester unless i put all my weight on it
  • the up arrow cracked even further
  • the right arrow captures air under the pannel and will make it always regester (but this only happens if i leave the pad alone for like an hour)
  • The down arrow will regester if im standing on any of the metal platforms around it...
  • the pad overall just doesnt stay connected to my xbox (mid song a box will pop up asking me to plug my pad back in... when it never was unplugged and the thing will just dissapear off screen right after that after missing an arrow or two
After using this pad for a while i would not advise you to purchase one... i cannot say if the Fluxs are better or not so i dont know if you should save up the extra $100 or not... but i know that my $100 MyMyBox pads lasted a good 6 months before they died on me... and i put those pads through a lot of abuse...

I am going to send in my pad with the 60 day warrentee so that maybe ill get another new pad so i can enjoy it for another month or so...

anyways... im very dissapointed with this pad... buy something else

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:41 pm

geez that sucks. Looks like redoctane is only good for ignition pads, and soon to be ITG.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:39 am

heh yea... i have to send it back in and bitch at them... this is BS right here.... im just glad they have the 60 day warrente with it...