DDR Hottest Party for the Nintendo Wii

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:28 pm

I thought something was off about the song. It took me a few listens to figure out what is was, heh.
Last edited by Fluffyumpkins on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryuhayabusa
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryuhayabusa » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:33 pm

I knew this would happen. My buddy chris said "Hey there comeoing out with a DDR game for the wii." My Response. "Great theyll just fuck it up and try to put in some wii functional DDR Game."

Watched the video and i have to say im throughly dissappointed and would rather be fed my own intestines then be caught flinging my wiimote whilst trying to dance.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:56 pm

LoL those quotes on that page are the best thing ever.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:45 pm

Ryuhayabusa wrote:I knew this would happen. My buddy chris said "Hey there comeoing out with a DDR game for the wii." My Response. "Great theyll just fuck it up and try to put in some wii functional DDR Game."

Watched the video and i have to say im throughly dissappointed and would rather be fed my own intestines then be caught flinging my wiimote whilst trying to dance.
They call it innovation. Also I'm sure there will be an option to turn hands off.

Ryuhayabusa
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryuhayabusa » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:09 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Ryuhayabusa wrote:I knew this would happen. My buddy chris said "Hey there comeoing out with a DDR game for the wii." My Response. "Great theyll just fuck it up and try to put in some wii functional DDR Game."

They call it innovation. Also I'm sure there will be an option to turn hands off.
We Can only hope. Though even that will not change the fact that they will "Dance Remixes of songs from the 70's 80's 90's and now" Oh joy.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:00 pm

Honestly, after seeing the Trailer and finding out that Mines are in the game, I just won't bother with it unless nothing short of a miracle happens. The only game that I am waiting on in terms of DDR is the Japanese release of Supernova 2 now.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:10 pm

I tried it today....it is pretty fun, kind of odd but fun, it seems on the easy side but I have barely played it there maybe harder stuff burried. I am picking it up tomorrow on a wild impulse.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:35 am

I'd rather play Para Para than look like a queer dancing and flinging a dildo around in the air.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:57 pm

hottest party is basically a ddr game where they remix every song known to man, half of them being old DDR songs, and remixing them all into pop/rap songs.

also it has an extra stage that changes itself (steps and audio) randomly depending on what stepchart difficulty you play it on, and it's called tokyoEVOLVED which is a weird ass name

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:
Disco Inferno - ??? (artist unknown; as made famous by The Trammps)
Temperature - Sean Paul (You gotta be fucking kidding me! Why is this douchebag back in DDR?)
Unappreciated - as made by Cherish
several things to clear up....there are not mines in this game....there are step called gimmicks that if you miss will cause a mod to appear...kind of like battle mode...also Temperature is NOT on it. The other 2 are.

SONGLIST:
1,2 Step
99 Red Balloons
Always (Microbots Trance Dance Mix)
Blue Monday
Buried A Lie
Call On Me
Caught Up
Clocks [yes, the coldplay song]
Disco Inferno
Far Away [the annoying nickleback song]
Finally
Gonna Make You Sweat (everybody dance now)
Gypsy Woman
Hot Stuff
I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
Karma Chameleon
Lips of an Angel :roll:
Little L
Nothing But You
Rhythm is a Dancer
Summertime
The Sign
Too Little, Too Late
Unappreciated
Yo, Excuse Me Miss
You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record)

Which is odd...that is the song list that is in the manual yet it says 50 songs...maybe some of the DDR songs are on there...which would be cool...but if not I can deal...I want to play with the wii-mote and nunchuck and with 4 people

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:29 pm

I also just read this.

Apparently the unlock system is called groove circuit mode, you go through and play songs at different 'venues' to unlock that song in free play mode. you can play in a group of 2-4 people or solo mode to unlock the songs in one of 4 modes:
single style (1 player)
Friendship mode (2-4 players, what ever the highest judgment on the step is, that is the overall judgment for all players, so co-op mode)
Multi-mode (2-4 players, try to beat the other players)
Sync-mode (2-4 players, the lowest judgment is the team judgment, a Boo or NG is an immediate fail)

after you play the songs at the 'venues' you can play them in Free mode...I need 3 gamecube pads and STAT!!!!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:45 pm

I was considering checking this out, but then I found out that only a bundle pack is available and as I own a metal platform, I won't waste money on crappy soft pads. Also, I don't know if I can turn the wiimote stuff off or not.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:14 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:I was considering checking this out, but then I found out that only a bundle pack is available and as I own a metal platform, I won't waste money on crappy soft pads. Also, I don't know if I can turn the wiimote stuff off or not.
Yeah...I know all they have is the bundle so far, and I don't know if you can turn the wiimote stuff off or not but i will check when me and fluffy play it later tonight

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:35 am

Ok full review now. Myself, Fluffy, V and Rachael played it tonight.

Songlist: it is so-so, the stuff that it starts with has a mixture of good stuff and crap, the songs that you unlock (which are done as I said earlier, through going through venues) are pretty cool actually, they are remixes of older ddr songs and some new stuff too.

The New Stuff

Unlocking system: Going through Groove Circuit Mode, either solo or with 2-4 people, you clear the venues, which each venue has a certain requirement to do like 'pass 3 songs with a max combo 30 or greater', once you do that the 'audicence' will give you a total of 2 challenges which are song that you unlock if you pass. Along with gear and stuff for your character.

Hand Markers: Both like and dislike these, they are hard to get used to the first time you play. They are activated mostly by swinging the wii-mote, it is an interesting twist but it is hard to get used to and if your nunchuck has been used a lot it is hard to do sometimes since it is pretty much working on the detector that detects shaking. About 3/4ths through the night we deactived this feature, which is something that can be done in the option menu.

Gimmicks: Are stupid to be blunt, we deactived it in no time at all there are these steps that spin as the scroll up, if you miss a certain ammount of them, this disco ball will appear and block your view. And contrary to what I said there are mines, BUT unlike ITG, it only detenates if you attack it. Gimmicks are just stupid, they add another interesting twist but
to people who are used to ddr the way it is, they get aggravating but are easy to shut off.

Rating: it is a fun and interesting twist to the game that if you stick to could be fun, for the unlocking I would recommend shutting it off especially if you are playing with the soft pad it comes with.

I personally like it a lot, it has great potential, the soft pad is its downfall, if you have metal pad for ps2 I would highly recommend getting the converter for it and play it that way, it will be A LOT more enjoyable that way.

There is ONE thing that this game is missing: SPEED MODS...THEY ARE NOT THERE AT ALL

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:55 am

lgolem wrote:There is ONE thing that this game is missing: SPEED MODS...THEY ARE NOT THERE AT ALL
i kinda like this