Being in a DDR tournament

Moderator: Moderators

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Being in a DDR tournament

Post by Ray_Clark » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:27 am

I personally know something about tournaments. I partcipated in Madden, Vitua Fighter, NBA Street, and many other tournaments and its fun. The Madden tounaments, in patricular, are the best because it was packed and u can feel the energy surrounding u. Every one in the tournament thinks they can win which makes it very intense. I don't know anything that's goes on in DDR tournaments. So if u can, please share your personal experiences that u had as a partcipant or a spectator.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:46 pm

Steak n Shake following any ddr tourney is best. Nothing beats a ton of nerds crammed around a table trying to convince a semi-hot waitress to show us her "Indiana style". Plus the idea of everyone around you being so hopelessly addicted to the same game you are, well it kinda makes you feel at home.

The same can be said about the tournament itself, but competition tends to quell once the tourney is said and done.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Re: Being in a DDR tournament

Post by CaseyDidder » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:30 pm

Ray_Clark wrote:I personally know something about tournaments. I partcipated in Madden, Vitua Fighter, NBA Street, and many other tournaments and its fun. The Madden tounaments, in patricular, are the best because it was packed and u can feel the energy surrounding u. Every one in the tournament thinks they can win which makes it very intense. I don't know anything that's goes on in DDR tournaments. So if u can, please share your personal experiences that u had as a partcipant or a spectator.
nah here anymore ppl won't even enter because some1 esle is in. Not mentioning names, but I went to a Terre Haute tourney, and when ppl realized I was there, they began to leave.

Also muncieddr scrubs tried to ban me/lil joe from there tourneys because me and lil joe embarrased em all so bad :(

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:25 pm

Most of the time, they're really fun, as long as you're not too serious about winning and all that, and what Chad(fluffyumpkins) says is completely true..THAT FUCKING KICKED ASS, anybody who was there will vouch for me...I still can't believe she did it...let alone let Shohei get a picture

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:38 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Steak n Shake following any ddr tourney is best. Nothing beats a ton of nerds crammed around a table trying to convince a semi-hot waitress to show us her "Indiana style". Plus the idea of everyone around you being so hopelessly addicted to the same game you are, well it kinda makes you feel at home.

The same can be said about the tournament itself, but competition tends to quell once the tourney is said and done.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You forgot to mention that you take a picture of their "Indiana style"
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Karl
Standard
Standard

Post by Karl » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:57 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Steak n Shake following any ddr tourney is best. Nothing beats a ton of nerds crammed around a table trying to convince a semi-hot waitress to show us her "Indiana style". Plus the idea of everyone around you being so hopelessly addicted to the same game you are, well it kinda makes you feel at home.

Edit: That's actually my hand on the right. ; D
The internet is serious buisness, kids.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:30 am

Karl wrote:

Edit: That's actually my hand on the right. ; D
my idea though