thinking about group e-mailing Gameworks about their pads

Moderator: Moderators

nanlinr
Beginner
Beginner

thinking about group e-mailing Gameworks about their pads

Post by nanlinr » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:19 am

does anyone know Gamework's manager e-mail? or something like that? because their pads suck like hell (well it IS from the 3rd mix from what i heard, so it should suck). and i want to like SPAM the manager's e-mail box so that he'll actually take it seriously. I WANT THAT PAD REPLACED!!!!!!! thanks.
i'm at Duke. so i don't come back to indy often. but i've heard the supernova is in at circle center mall now. so i'm gonna check it out over christmas break.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Re: thinking about group e-mailing Gameworks about their pad

Post by Cbav » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:29 am

nanlinr wrote:does anyone know Gamework's manager e-mail? or something like that? because their pads suck like hell (well it IS from the 3rd mix from what i heard, so it should suck). and i want to like SPAM the manager's e-mail box so that he'll actually take it seriously. I WANT THAT PAD REPLACED!!!!!!! thanks.
I'm not aware of any other gameworks in Indiana, so I'm assuming this is the circle center one. But the SuperNOVA pads sucking? what?
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:36 am

Who are you?

nanlinr
Beginner
Beginner

Post by nanlinr » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:49 am

oh i'm just a kid that played yesterday at the TBT for 5 hours. and yeah their pads suck. Gameworks bought them when the 3rd mix came out, and never changed them. so these pads are like 5 or 6 years old, and they're all slippery with no traction and shit. so everyone who is half good complains about it.
i'm at Duke. so i don't come back to indy often. but i've heard the supernova is in at circle center mall now. so i'm gonna check it out over christmas break.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:08 pm

Age has little to do with how a DDR stage performs. It's all about maintenance. Don't expect anybody to replace a DDR stage since that pretty much involves buying a new machine entirely. A much better course of action would be to ask that they perform some serious maintenance on them. Strip it down, clean it out, replace sensors (with good sensors, not channelbeat specials) and panels as needed, etc. You'd be amazed what that will do. That's also something doable, as opposed to replacing the stage entirely.

I will say that when I was going to GameWorks, their pads didn't exactly do all THAT well, but they were at least playable. That was a couple years ago, though, so who knows what has changed since then. I should also point out that the pads on USA are possibly older, that machine originally being a 1st Mix...
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:45 am

I've gotta agree, I'd like to see the pads finally fixed for good. Honestly, every time the pads have been fixed, they just break again shortly after. I don't know how they've been fixing them, but it isn't working.

Also, a lot of the time, when I tell the staff the pads aren't working right, they just shrug me off.

Frazzle Dazzle
Standard
Standard

Post by Frazzle Dazzle » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:14 pm

The left side is screwed even worse. I can normally AA Golden Sky, yes, the super-easy 6. It's kind of odd that I got 18 Boos on it. Isn't it?