Supernova PS2

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:27 pm

The only thing i was looking foward to that they havent put in a cs us yet is bag... but i think ill live. :o
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:23 pm

So I bought it, and I'm balls-deep in Stellar Master Mode, and it's really confusing me...I'm on the Popcorn "Stellar Joint" (sounds like great weed) and so I somehow accomplished the first two goal thingies, and then I do what it says for the things in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th goal thingies, and NOTHING HAPPENS. I am aware of what difficulty level it says I'm allowed to do the challenges on, and am following that. I have also gotten the "VIP Card" from the first Showdown after finishing the first two goal thingies.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:49 pm

Make sure if you can use mods or not as well. They are right next to the playable difficulties in the list of challenges. Also on every "World" try to also get a AAA on a song.
Warning incoming game!

Ebdain
Light
Light

Post by Ebdain » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:34 am

Definitely check the Mod column. "NG" means no mods. At all. "OK" means mods are allowed, but check the mission first as some specify what mods (and/or how many) you have to use.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:23 pm

Ebdain wrote:Definitely check the Mod column. "NG" means no mods. At all. "OK" means mods are allowed, but check the mission first as some specify what mods (and/or how many) you have to use.
Yeah, I was totally confused as to what that column meant, but right after I made that post I looked at a GameFAQs about it and figured it out, so I've unlocked about 20 songs already and am halfway through the Red Dolphin Stellar Joint.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:36 pm

Yikes, it sounds like they turned dancemaster mode confusing... im hoping its actually fun?
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Ebdain
Light
Light

Post by Ebdain » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:12 am

SMM, overall, really isn't confusing. The Mod column with NG/OK is the only real sticking point. Once you realize it's there and what it says, you're golden. It took about 5 hours of play to controller whore SMM to unlock everything but the "boss" songs, once I figured out what the mod column really meant.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Yeah, I've been controller-whoring it just to unlock all the songs...I can get about 1/3 of the way through Fascination ~eternal love mix~ WITH CONTROLLER...yeah, I wouldn't call it hard, just retarded, because unless you memorize how the stop-and-start parts go, there's no way you'll pass, especially on Extra Stage (Reverse, Solo/Rainbow, 1.5x).

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:30 pm

A few notes about master mode. By just getting one VIP card for each stellar joint and getting the EX VIP cards for Nitro and The Last you'll have the option to buy all songs except for the FAXX remix, which is only unlockable by clearing it on extra stage for all music in game mode. Also, upon getting all 30 VIP cards, a special stellar joint called Pizza Box is revealed.

I've also checked out the online play option and I honestly don't like it much. Mods are not available, only half of the songs are playable currently, and they only allow for 1 on 1 rooms which really sucks since in my humble opinion I don't see any reason for them not to allow for 2 players on each PS2 which would be really nice, espically for a party scene with multiple setups and PS2s that wanna do small competitions.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:39 am

You can buy FELM for 20K when you clear the Diamond EX course on The Last.

BTW...getting a AA on HDV Expert with arcade timing set was exhausting. That song's screwy all over the place, lagging and leading the beat slightly all over the song. I FCed it like four times before the AA. I still tingle.

Pizza Box...haha. Managed to do a few of the trials and clear the last three VIP courses pretty quickly...but the last trial that popped up was to FC Chaos...on Challenge...with no mods.

We Todd Ed.
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:45 pm

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:41 pm

Ho wrote:Image
that's an em effing dedicab.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:28 pm

Ho wrote:Image
:lol:
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:14 pm

Well brian i can now say without a doubt that you suck! You can now play my fav song on an arcade cab and i cant. P.S. it's Dance Dance
Warning incoming game!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:27 pm

Before anyone gets the wrong idea...

There's a good reason why I posted that picture in this thread.

For the record, that's the PS2 version playing on my cabinet.

But yeah Mark, Dance Dance is fun. :)