Seriously...Where is DDR going?

Moderator: Moderators

aspen
Standard
Standard

Seriously...Where is DDR going?

Post by aspen » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:55 am

This thread is only if you're serious as to where DDR is going...

Personally, I don't think it's going anywhere. And in response to CaseyDidder...I'm coming, I'm coming. I'll be back in a week. Then I'll smash you in DDR :roll:
Seriously, though, I'll bring DDR back to life in Indy...even though I don't really think it's dead. People will come back to it, I'm sure. They miss it, just like you all miss me 8) lol!

Peace :wink:

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:02 am

One more thing...
he who measures once and leaps blindly tends to lose a foot.
Joe...ummm...huh?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:03 pm

EDIT: Crap, double post. I feel flawed.
Last edited by SoDeepPolaris on Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:04 pm

Hmmm, I already stated my opinion in the old thread.

ITG is the future, DDR is losing it's arcade goodness to it's crappy home version side. Mainstream killed the game.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:10 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:Hmmm, I already stated my opinion in the old thread.

ITG is the future, DDR is losing it's arcade goodness to it's crappy home version side. Mainstream killed the game.
no, goth fags playing it nonstop at greenwood per say killed it. Also people who think its sweeter now that its not 'hip' again. Hypocrites like that ruin the game?

Hint IEM IEM hinT

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:52 am

The only reason I'm really playing ITG is because it's an easily accessible machine. I'm over at Putt-Putt a whole bunch anyway, so may as well dance while I'm there.

I've played the hell out of 5th Mix, and granted I haven't passed all the songs, I've exhausted playing them and listening to them.

And it'll probably be a cold day in hell before you get me to play Extreme at TnT. It's just not happening.

I like some of the songs on ITG, and I give them kudos for wanting the dancing game to live on, but the fact that it entered upon the coat tails of DDR annoys me. ITG hardly attempted to make itself original. All they did was make the songs harder. Not even all the songs are different. x_x There has to be another song they could have put on there besides Mellow (Olivia Newton John song that had...three?...different mixes through DDR), and the bag ripoff...won't even start on that.

Ha, another thing, Disconnected Hyper. Just like Paranoia. See, I'm not a harder player, so my word in this probably isn't worth shit, but one of my grievances with DDR was that they were relatively unoriginal when they made harder songs. They basically remixed the same song/songs over and over again and mixed up the steps. Do I smell a cop out? And the fact that ITG does this on its first run with three versions of Disconnected Hyper...... x_x Come on, guys.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:04 am

Where is DDR going?

It's going in my BELLY!

MMMmmmmm, It's Dance-a-licious!

----------

But seriously, I don't see this game going anywhere soon.

Every single game of this caliber will always be played.

Hell, I still play Pong!

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:41 am

[quote="Mosh_Mosh_Revolution"]The only reason I'm really playing ITG is because it's an easily accessible machine. I'm over at Putt-Putt a whole bunch anyway, so may as well dance while I'm there.

I've played the hell out of 5th Mix, and granted I haven't passed all the songs, I've exhausted playing them and listening to them.

And it'll probably be a cold day in hell before you get me to play Extreme at TnT. It's just not happening.

I like some of the songs on ITG, and I give them kudos for wanting the dancing game to live on, but the fact that it entered upon the coat tails of DDR annoys me. ITG hardly attempted to make itself original. All they did was make the songs harder. Not even all the songs are different. x_x There has to be another song they could have put on there besides Mellow (Olivia Newton John song that had...three?...different mixes through DDR), and the bag ripoff...won't even start on that.

Ha, another thing, Disconnected Hyper. Just like Paranoia. See, I'm not a harder player, so my word in this probably isn't worth shit, but one of my grievances with DDR was that they were relatively unoriginal when they made harder songs. They basically remixed the same song/songs over and over again and mixed up the steps. Do I smell a cop out? And the fact that ITG does this on its first run with three versions of Disconnected Hyper...... x_x Come on, guys.[/quote

no matter what a song is going to sound like another. NOT A BIG DEAL. Go play alternate or something. USE THE NEW MODS.

90% of the ITG songs are better than 90% of the DDR songs :-/

Blaze
Standard
Standard

Post by Blaze » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:12 am

Well here's my view on the matter : It's Done.

Too many spin off's stole some of it's fire. ITG is good, but I don't think it *can* be compared to DDR, its just the same basic idea, its not here to replace it...even though it did in Fort Wayne..*hiss*.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:40 pm

*Pats the very much agreed with Blaze on the head*
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:20 pm

Blaze wrote:Well here's my view on the matter : It's Done.

Too many spin off's stole some of it's fire. ITG is good, but I don't think it *can* be compared to DDR, its just the same basic idea, its not here to replace it...even though it did in Fort Wayne..*hiss*.
it can be compared because it is being compared, and MOST PPL think its better. you are the minority on this one.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:05 am

No, DDR can't compare to ITG.

ITG has many more things. It has more mods. More 2 player modes. A better ranking system. A better memory card slot. More room to get better.

It reinvented the way people play, by adding mines and handplants. Sure, this may not seem like such a big deal, but when you play songs heavy on either of those, you relize quickly that you need to rethink how you step.

And of course, the mods are just amazing.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:13 am

mexican ninja wrote:

No, DDR can't compare to ITG.

ITG has many more things. It has more mods. More 2 player modes. A better ranking system. A better memory card slot. More room to get better.

It reinvented the way people play, by adding mines and handplants. Sure, this may not seem like such a big deal, but when you play songs heavy on either of those, you relize quickly that you need to rethink how you step.

And of course, the mods are just amazing.
pwnd.

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:35 am

Seriously, when I get back this week, someone's gonna have to show me this ITG thing. It must have come out after I left or something...

I wanna know what the hoobla is about. 8)

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:56 pm

aspen wrote:Seriously, when I get back this week, someone's gonna have to show me this ITG thing. It must have come out after I left or something...

I wanna know what the hoobla is about. 8)
well what you doing this saturday coming up? We can get a group to go to Ft.Wayne or Colombus to play it. Its f'in sweet. We actually already have a lil plan setting up between the GW crew for going to columbus..

They are only an extra half hour away than Ft.Wayne, the pads are much better, and its cheaper also, plus if you want to play DDR later that day, there is a extreme and 4th+ at another Magic Mountain location 10 minutes away.