Seriously...Where is DDR going?

Moderator: Moderators

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:40 pm

tell me sometime when you guys are going up to play some ITG in a few weeks, i want to hit it up some day I have off.

And about where DDR is going, it's definately going downhill. The fact is, for the older players, it's getting old and the new people are annoying. For the new players, they think the older players are gods of the game and it's new so they think it's hip and won't ever die. Well I've got news for both of you, DDR is old and dead, when they stopped making new arcade mixes in Japan, it was bound to die off. No offense to anybody, but that's just the truth, without a new arcade mix coming out anytime soon, it's just going to die off.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:22 am

Yep, come up and check out ITG. Then you should put in your two cents about whether you think ITG is the future of dancing.

See, I can understand why it would be a godsend for more advanced players. It's definitely more difficult than DDR. And with all the mods and everything else, it really is something new and improved, for more advanced players.

I protect DDR because I'm not that advanced of a player and I feel like I belong on that game as opposed to ITG. That and I like j-pop and the cutesy music, which ITG doesn't have. The closest you get is the Crispy songs, and those aren't cute enough. That or they're annoying (says the girl that likes the cutesy).
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:23 am

I found out where DDR is going!
To Church!

p.s. I realize this is probably really old so I don't care if you've already seen it or not. Not trying to be an ass.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:25 am

Ass.

LoL.

*Entertained by dancing Jesusi*

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:03 am

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Yep, come up and check out ITG. Then you should put in your two cents about whether you think ITG is the future of dancing.

See, I can understand why it would be a godsend for more advanced players. It's definitely more difficult than DDR. And with all the mods and everything else, it really is something new and improved, for more advanced players.

I protect DDR because I'm not that advanced of a player and I feel like I belong on that game as opposed to ITG. That and I like j-pop and the cutesy music, which ITG doesn't have. The closest you get is the Crispy songs, and those aren't cute enough. That or they're annoying (says the girl that likes the cutesy).
actually most of us are going to Cbus to play instead, there machine doesnt skip and the pads work 100% better, and only an extra half hour away compared to Fort Wayne.

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:45 am

CaseyDider wrote:well what you doing this saturday coming up? We can get a group to go to Ft.Wayne or Colombus to play it. Its f'in sweet. We actually already have a lil plan setting up between the GW crew for going to columbus..

They are only an extra half hour away than Ft.Wayne, the pads are much better, and its cheaper also, plus if you want to play DDR later that day, there is a extreme and 4th+ at another Magic Mountain location 10 minutes away.
Since when do you, of all people, invite me to go play a game somewhere? :?

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:50 am

aspen wrote:
CaseyDider wrote:well what you doing this saturday coming up? We can get a group to go to Ft.Wayne or Colombus to play it. Its f'in sweet. We actually already have a lil plan setting up between the GW crew for going to columbus..

They are only an extra half hour away than Ft.Wayne, the pads are much better, and its cheaper also, plus if you want to play DDR later that day, there is a extreme and 4th+ at another Magic Mountain location 10 minutes away.
since when do you worry about the past? get over it and play ITG haha

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:06 am

CaseyDidder wrote:
aspen wrote:

aight...fair enough. 8)

Nice avvy.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:13 am

aspen wrote:
CaseyDidder wrote:
aspen wrote: Since when do you, of all people, invite me to go play a game somewhere? :?
aight...fair enough. 8)

Nice avvy.

hahah I know ;)

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:36 pm

CaseyDidder wrote: actually most of us are going to Cbus to play instead, there machine doesnt skip and the pads work 100% better, and only an extra half hour away compared to Fort Wayne.
Alright, whatev. Have fun.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:15 pm

DDR is turning into too much of a "trend", if you ask me.

All the people I see only play because all there friends are playing it, and they never move off of beginner mode. They just play it because everyone they know is.

ITG is only getting popular because of all the high-staminated Tech players who got bored with the steps on DDR.

I say Give DDR another year. It'll be gone by then.

As for ITG, dunno don't care. Time'll tell, and I more than likely.....will still not care.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:38 am

But X, I thought you loved to play DDR? You're one of the coolest people to play with... :?

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:54 am

Not sayin' I'm not having fun, just saying how people might look at it.

I'll always love DDR.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

yea

Post by Ray_Clark » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:11 am

I'm still new to the DDR scene despite playing the game for a year. I honestly don't know if its going under, but its still a cool game to play. This type of genre is unique to me being a sports/action-adventure/fighting player. But I just felt like this was a game that I believe not only I can play, but I can master. I feel this game is too popular to fall in exile and I hope the success its having now will continue to grow in years to come! :)

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:12 pm

The X wrote:Not sayin' I'm not having fun, just saying how people might look at it.

I'll always love DDR.
always knew it 8)

I look forward to playing DDR with you hear soon...maybe here... :D