Seriously...Where is DDR going?

Moderator: Moderators

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:49 pm

A little bit more on trends, since this really is what killed DDR in part...

People bash stereotypes, but everyone knows that all stereotypes have at least a grain of truth in them. In DDR's case, you have the "player types". As you all know, there's a certain category of player that only plays on Light/Standard and has no intention to get better, usually because they have "a friend that's better than YOU anyway". These same players like to play the same songs over and over again, and play Nonstops rarely or not at all. Oni mode is a mystery to them. These players like to act high and mighty in terms of DDR because they think it's cool, or something, and they always end up thinking it's retarded within a month.

These are the "trendies". As already suggested, they helped kill DDR by making the pros sick of their BS and scaring off the noobs by being assholes (and assholes who look idiotic while playing).

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:33 am

mexican ninja wrote:
Original Sin wrote:
There's nothing wrong with doing something because it's fun. However, in general, people that do things only because they're trendy irritate me subconsciously. Like the people that buy all new clothes when a new fashion trend rolls around, and refuse to wear the 'old' trendy clothes.
I hate to burst your bubble, but thats just called "Not wearing winter clothes in summer".
You missed my point Jeff. :?

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:20 pm

Original Sin wrote:
mexican ninja wrote:
Original Sin wrote:
There's nothing wrong with doing something because it's fun. However, in general, people that do things only because they're trendy irritate me subconsciously. Like the people that buy all new clothes when a new fashion trend rolls around, and refuse to wear the 'old' trendy clothes.
I hate to burst your bubble, but thats just called "Not wearing winter clothes in summer".
You missed my point Jeff. :?
You just missed my point. I was just saying your example was dumb, because some people actualy like to try to look "nice" at times. Your see, in fashion, there is something called "seasons". These seasons run on about the same schedule as winter, fall, summer and spring. During different seasons, different clothing comes out. Like now, spring is in the air, and so are bright colors. That why all the people you loath are wearing bright colors (like blue, green, and red), instead of darker colors(like brown, and dark green).

It's not being trendy, so to say. It's just:
Not wearing winter clothes in summer

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:46 pm

best post ever Mexicanninja

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:48 pm

I'm talking about trends in fashion, not seasonal clothing. I'm aware that some people wear different clothes for different seasons, but that wasn't what I was refering to. I'm talking about the people that rush out and buy the latest syles their favorite rap artists wears in their latest video, and then shuns it when the next video comes out, and buys all new clothes, repeat where necessary.

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:34 am

Original Sin wrote:I'm talking about trends in fashion, not seasonal clothing. I'm aware that some people wear different clothes for different seasons, but that wasn't what I was refering to. I'm talking about the people that rush out and buy the latest syles their favorite rap artists wears in their latest video, and then shuns it when the next video comes out, and buys all new clothes, repeat where necessary.
Like, omg, you mean that my airforce ones are out of style?! Shit niqqa.

Mayhaps you should worry less about judging people based on what they're wearing and focus on the fact that you're a sterotyping asshole. People wear what they want, so do you. Calm down. Just because someone doesn't have blue hair, tons of peircings, and that retarded ass TOOL shirt with the wrench penis on it, doesn't mean they're any less cool than you are mano.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:33 am

Chill out. I'm not trying to judge everyone, but since people keep bring it up, I had to clarify what I meant. Maybe I was too vague, I dunno, but I don't really give a shit. I'm just trying to explain what I meant with my original post, because apparently, it went over someones head.
They can where what they want, I don't care. Hopefully that's all clarified now....god damn.

Alright, just to clear this all up, I used the clothing thing as an example. Perhaps it's too broad an example, so I tried to narrow it down, now I look like a judgemental asshole.
Fine. Clothing and examples aside, the point I was trying to make was the issue of 'Everyone's doing it!' If you want to do something because you want to do it, fine! Where what you want, listen to what you want, I'm all for that. I was talking about the people that do things because 'everyone's doing it.' Not because they want to, or they believe in it. THAT was my point.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:08 am

Spazz wrote:
Original Sin wrote:I'm talking about trends in fashion, not seasonal clothing. I'm aware that some people wear different clothes for different seasons, but that wasn't what I was refering to. I'm talking about the people that rush out and buy the latest syles their favorite rap artists wears in their latest video, and then shuns it when the next video comes out, and buys all new clothes, repeat where necessary.
Like, omg, you mean that my airforce ones are out of style?! Shit niqqa.

Mayhaps you should worry less about judging people based on what they're wearing and focus on the fact that you're a sterotyping asshole. People wear what they want, so do you. Calm down. Just because someone doesn't have blue hair, tons of peircings, and that retarded ass TOOL shirt with the wrench penis on it, doesn't mean they're any less cool than you are mano.
aaaahahahahahahah AAA fo yu!!!!!