School-My Own Personal Tax Funded Torture Chamber

Moderator: Moderators

Logan
Standard
Standard

School-My Own Personal Tax Funded Torture Chamber

Post by Logan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:53 pm

Okay, school has started for moi, and it sucks as usual...

One good thing about it though is that I get to see my friends who play DDR and ITG. We talk and generally brag about our accomplishments (not so much me as my friends :P ) And this got me to thinking, "Hey, I wonder if there's any lone DDR players out there? Like, if they are the only player in their entire school, or the entire city for that matter."

So my question is, how many people in your school (college, high school, etc.) do you know play DDR hardcore?
ImageImage
(Yeah, I used to use an ITG sig... R.I.P. ITG3... D: )

Eternal damnation isn't gonna look good on my resume...

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:29 pm

One person in my (non-IndyDDR) social network plays DDR somewhat well. Her name is Kit. She's out in Massachusetts, as a student at MIT.

One person who's nominally in my town plays DDR seriously, but we don't speak.

One person in my town used to play DDR seriously, and we're on generally good terms, but the last time I saw him in person or saw him posting on IndyDDR was ~6 months ago.

I'm not a very social person, so this has never been an issue for me. But it is admittedly rather odd.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Re: School-My Own Personal Tax Funded Torture Chamber

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:44 pm

Logan wrote: One good thing about it though is that I get to see my friends who play DDR and ITG. We talk and generally brag about our accomplishments (not so much me as my friends :P )
That's what your friends talk about? Scores? Sounds meaningful. And don't you get to see your friends when you play?
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:54 pm

Logan wrote:We talk and generally brag about our accomplishments.
SoDeepPolaris wrote:That's what your friends talk about? Scores? Sounds meaningful.
1) Accomplishments != scores. For instance, I used to brag occasionally about my ability to play Greenhorn in stiletto heels (this was back when I could play Pump at all), but that's a bit different than going, "And today I got 2pi more points on Paranoia: Painful Death Mix!"

2) He said they "talk" and "brag about [their] accomplishments." Those two are not necessarily the same thing, either.

Cut the guy some slack, geez.

Logan
Standard
Standard

Post by Logan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:07 pm

To respond, most of the time I don't get to play with my friends. Logan=broke most of the time. And even if I wasn't, school saps my very soul most days. Plus, no working DDR machines nearby. -_-

And we don't talk about DDR all the time, I just said that cause this is a DDR forum.
...I think. I can barely tell the difference between pr0n sites and forums anymore...

Paranoia: Painful Death Mix? Sounds... painful.
ImageImage

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:09 pm

Yeah - I actually like most of the songs in the Paranoia series, but I couldn't resist poking a little fun at the sheer number of them.

...Of course, now that I've said that, somebody's going to go make a Paranoia: Painful Death Mix just to spite me. :P

Logan
Standard
Standard

Post by Logan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:34 pm

Arka wrote:Yeah - I actually like most of the songs in the Paranoia series, but I couldn't resist poking a little fun at the sheer number of them.

...Of course, now that I've said that, somebody's going to go make a Paranoia: Painful Death Mix just to spite me. :P
Paranoia and all its cousins are pretty cool. But you're right, why so many?

NEW FOR DDR SUPRENOVA, PARANOIA: PAINFUL DEATH MIX!!! AT PARTICIPATING ARCADES TODAY!!!!!!one!!
ImageImage

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:56 pm

Ooh, yeah... that's right up there with Mad MaxX and Orion .78: Civilization II mix (think about it).

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:26 pm

wow boo to this thread
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:52 pm

Oh god are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

*turns around and leaves*

Oh, and while I'm posting, let me drop a mesage to my undercover luver Dannah-Boi, DON'T TRIP NIGGA I AIN'T DEAD! I JUST GOT SOME HOTTT NEW RINGTONEZZZZ 4 MAH PHONE!

I went and Saw Cuzes on a Plane. Awesome stuff right there. I've been waiting for that movie since way before the hype. I'M TALKING LIKE WHEN THERE WAS SNOW ON THE GROUND! No one believed me it was gonna be a real movie. They was like "Thats not a real movie! You just made that poster on your computer!" Well, I bet they feel stupid now.

Also, since I more than likely won't be here for the barrage of replies saying "omg that has nothing to do with the topic!" I'll reply to them now.

Eat me.

Thank yew.

P.S. and EDIT: Whats with all these cats trying to get on Potter for his sig? You people kinda suck.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:10 am

mexican ninja wrote:Oh god are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Oh, and while I'm posting, let me drop a mesage to my undercover luver Dannah-Boi, DON'T TRIP NIGGA I AIN'T DEAD! I JUST GOT SOME HOTTT NEW RINGTONEZZZZ 4 MAH PHONE!

I went and Saw Cuzes on a Plane. Awesome stuff right there. I've been waiting for that movie since way before the hype. I'M TALKING LIKE WHEN THERE WAS SNOW ON THE GROUND! No one believed me it was gonna be a real movie. They was like "Thats not a real movie! You just made that poster on your computer!" Well, I bet they feel stupid now.

Also, since I more than likely won't be here for the barrage of replies saying "omg that has nothing to do with the topic!" I'll reply to them now.

Eat me.

Thank yew.

P.S. and EDIT: Whats with all these cats trying to get on Potter for his sig? You people kinda suck.
YEAH YEAH YEAH
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:22 am

OKAAAAAYY
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:16 am

Moved to the DDR forum...since it's about DDR and all.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:30 am

"Was"... was about DDR. :wink:

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:01 pm

mexican ninja wrote:Oh god are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Eat me.

Thank yew.

MMMEEEXXXYYY!

Okay, I'm done.

I only have one person (DDRmaster on this site) who goes to my school who is any good at DDR/ITG. Of course, Fort Wayne is chock full of good players, we got Shannon, Brian (technically not, but w/e), farmer, me, mexy...damn. But we have not Zach :(.