Ack!

Moderator: Moderators

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Ack!

Post by XeroCi » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:43 am

I need some assistance. Not a lot of people know I have a serious heart issue. I have trouble keeping stamina playing DDR. I've passed MAX 300 once... with a B, and I swear the pain hurt so much.

I got my heart checked out today, and they'll have to do a heart cath(sp?), to find out how to fix it. It may not be fixable until I'm 18, and it may not be fixable period, and it could be fixable in a few months. I won't know until the cath is over with and that's probably going to hurt extremely bad and won't be able to play DDR for a week after that.

So for now, I'd like you guys to help me be able to get better stamina wise. I'm already accurate enough for how long I've been playing (2 years). I just SDG'd Twilight Zone today ^.^. But I need some tips for stamina saving techniques while playing. I'd like to be able to play harder stuff, but my heart won't let me, It just hurts too much. DDR is really all I do, and without it I'd probably be a pretty boring person (if not already..).

So some sort of tips or techniques would be helpful.

- dj Xayro
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:20 am

Try hitting the arrows a different way, i.e. instead of playing on your toes play more on your heels. You may get less tired that way.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:00 am

If you can do it, there is a technique where you actually never move your feet. Just rock back and forth on a diagonal with your left foot positioned straddling left and down and the right foot straddling up and right. It takes a little work (the technique is similar to how people hit multiple panels with a single foot in pump, or occasionally ITG, for a "handplant"), but it is quite doable.

Or you could take the Malictus approach and start AAA'ing Light and Standard songs, as well as freestyling, depending on what you feel like.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:27 am

Move your feet less. Similar to what MonMotha just said, if you look at any of the pros, they barely move from the center panel, maybe an inch or two into each panel at the most. This uses a lot less energy, but you have to get used to it.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:40 pm

I can pretty much go with barely moving my feet at all, and for some reason, this still uses most/all of my stamina. I'm pretty much about to consider my self dead x.x

I'll try the heel thing, I usually do play with my toes. I'm also more accurate moving my feet more. :P 99%'d a couple DDR songs (7 footers)a stepmania with ITG theme and timing setup. I can move my feet and do most 7 footers without dying in the middle of the song.

I hope they can fix this soon :|
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:51 pm

play ITG for a week, non stop. That is how I built up stamina for max300 last summer. Now max 300 can be done as a middle song for me :D

ITG is great for building stamina, but I wouldn't use it for much else.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:34 pm

Being a big guy with heart problems, i can say what works best for me is to NOT kill myself playing all heavy/challenge songs and when i do i make sure it is my last song or ex stage, that way i can take a break after it is done. That works best for me.
Warning incoming game!

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:33 am

Bionix wrote:Jesus was a good man, striving to put right what once was wrong, and hoping that his next leap, would be the leap home.
I love your sig. sorry to stray from topic.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 am

yea its been bugging me, i cant figure out what it means. explain pls?
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:04 pm

Potter wrote:yea its been bugging me, i cant figure out what it means. explain pls?

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:57 pm

Sounds to me like it's a Quantum Leap joke.

Anyone remember that show?
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:20 pm

The X wrote:Sounds to me like it's a Quantum Leap joke.

Anyone remember that show?
I do. I've seen... two episodes, I think? It seemed like an entertaining enough premise. Though I mainly remember it because someone asked me to write a parody once...

I actually read it as a Sliders reference myself, but to each his own. Both shows went down fast. :P

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:13 am

It's a Quantum Leap joke from Family Guy.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:29 am

They made fun of jesus and quantum leap at the same time in the episode called "Father the son and the holy fonz." That is still my fav jesus joke they did on that show.
Warning incoming game!