Putting on a Good DDR Party

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Putting on a Good DDR Party

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:29 pm

In a few weeks, I'm putting on a DDR party for my church group. I figured I'd ask for help, considering everyone knows a lot here, and is willing to help.

Basically, I have the following:
2-Metal DDR Pads
Playstation 2
DDR Konamix
DDR Max 2

What else would I need to have a DDR party success? Suggest drinks, snacks, other games, anything to make a DDR party great. In other words, if you could throw a DDR party, what would you want there?

Thanks,
Jeff
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Re: Putting on a Good DDR Party

Post by the gattchoon » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:57 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:In a few weeks, I'm putting on a DDR party for my church group. I figured I'd ask for help, considering everyone knows a lot here, and is willing to help.

Basically, I have the following:
2-Metal DDR Pads
Playstation 2
DDR Konamix
DDR Max 2

What else would I need to have a DDR party success? Suggest drinks, snacks, other games, anything to make a DDR party great. In other words, if you could throw a DDR party, what would you want there?

Thanks,
Jeff
You basically have what it takes to make a DDR party, so don't forget plenty of drinks. I never held a "DDR-themed party", per se, but I did hold a few big get-togethers with the people of DDR Freak when the community was small and tight-knit... I might suggest having other types of games, or even if you have other music/rhythm games, that would be nice.

But food is always big. Free food is a bigger bribe that free DDR, in my opinion. =P

Just as long as people have friends there and things to keep themselves occupied, it should be fine. =)

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:51 pm

Try to get Extreme 2. :o I'd suggest something like Gatorade or Vault for drinks. Dunno what to say about snacks- nothing salty.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:14 pm

Why not? Salty snacks are good... :cry:

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:01 am

Holy water is good.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:40 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Holy water is good.
So are strippers. And toe-nail clippers.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:36 pm

Make sure you have at least one "good" player (can do every song, can AAA--at least on home version). It's always nice if not everybody is like OMGZ0RZ WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS METAL THING ON THE GROUND? AND WEHN DO I HIT T3H ARROWZ???!!11
Also, whatever games you do have (for PS2, I suggest Max2 and Extreme2--so get Extreme2 because you already have Max2) make sure you have all songs unlocked...it really sucks when like the hardest song you have available is an easy 9...
Ya that's all I can think of for now.

-Dan

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:33 pm

At least those versions have decently hard songs already unlocked... (like so deep and cartoon heroes) So I wouldnt neccesaraly go out of your way just to unlock every song, unless you want to. ^_^

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:17 pm

I think there are "Cheat codes" for the PS2 versions to unlock all songs. I don't remember where I saw it, but if I find it I'll post it.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:18 pm

dance1005 wrote:Make sure you have at least one "good" player (can do every song, can AAA--at least on home version). It's always nice if not everybody is like OMGZ0RZ WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS METAL THING ON THE GROUND? AND WEHN DO I HIT T3H ARROWZ???!!11
I don't think "good" players are THAT necessary. I'd rather have people with good attitudes. Actually, I'd rather have a person that doesn't know how to play well but with a good attitude than a person who is sour.

Plus, since Jeff Jeff Revolution will be there/is holding it, he will be able to show people how to play.

It's all about having a good time. That's what parties are for. =D

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:38 pm

PrototypePacifist wrote:I think there are "Cheat codes" for the PS2 versions to unlock all songs. I don't remember where I saw it, but if I find it I'll post it.
Nope, your thinking of the xbox games. ^_^

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:44 am

dance1005 wrote:Make sure you have at least one "good" player (can do every song, can AAA--at least on home version). It's always nice if not everybody is like OMGZ0RZ WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS METAL THING ON THE GROUND? AND WEHN DO I HIT T3H ARROWZ???!!11
Also, whatever games you do have (for PS2, I suggest Max2 and Extreme2--so get Extreme2 because you already have Max2) make sure you have all songs unlocked...it really sucks when like the hardest song you have available is an easy 9...
Ya that's all I can think of for now.

-Dan
You forget. DDR is easy. Period.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:24 am

Hey, come on. Sometimes having good players around discourages people. They're like "zomg, don't laugh at me plz." Have at least a few people good enough to know what's happening, though. :P