Update #5 on Project DDR in School

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Update #5 on Project DDR in School

Post by letshavetea » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:11 am

I barely come here anymore (to indyddr) but, for the past three years I have been posting updates to this little project of mine, and I just wanted to do the same for this one.

Three years ago, freshman year at HighSchool, I used DDR for a health presentation on the health bennefits of DDR, trying to persuade the teacher to get DDR into schools around here.

Last year, he finnally convinced the school board to allow him to put a setup (PS2 setup with decent pads) in the Jr. High school, they love it over there and it showed that some kids that werent active in Phy Ed class had something to do now, and they started being active through DDR.

Last month, he asked me if I would demo DDR for the school board, to see if he can get DDR into more schools in the area. He said he saved up a lot of money from this year's health budget and he wants to put it twards DDR in a few schools in the area.

I also am going to do a health study on DDR this summer where, every week or whatever I am going to get a checkup and see how my body is doing better. I haven't been playing much at all lately so I'm in horrible shape and something like this would be a great example to the school board to have them be able to talk to a real person who has gained from DDR.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:08 am

Good luck man!

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Update #5 on Project DDR in School

Post by mexican ninja » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:56 pm

letshavetea wrote: I also am going to do a health study on DDR this summer where, every week or whatever I am going to get a checkup and see how my body is doing better.
Do you have a sponser or a family member who is a doctor? Because that could get pretty expensive after a couple weeks.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:13 am

thats what I was thinking, was the prices of it all... so I was thinking of either finding someone to help me with this, or even if my Health Teacher could help me out... or get me a good deal on it or whatever.

I forgot to mention in the post above that we got it in one of the grade school's in town here now too.