DDRKokomo

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri May 19, 2006 8:44 pm

XeroCi wrote: The first three of us who formed it were best friends, its more of a cliche than a team.
Your group's a cliche? Wow, that's odd...you don't mean a clique by any chance, do you?

-Dan

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Fri May 19, 2006 9:13 pm

XeroCi wrote:Look at it this way, it's a way to get to know everyone in it and become friends. You guys make it sound like we travel around the world to become ZOMG BESTESZT DIDDER PLAYERZZZ LOLZ. No. The first three of us who formed it were best friends, its more of a cliche than a team. We're more or less advertising for people on Kokomo who want something to do on Saturdays. We have a lot of fun and alot of laughs.

DDRKokomo is not a team, but its like IndyDDR. its a place for people who play DDR in Kokomo.
Team DDRKokomo is one, but you guys just look at everything negatively :roll: . I've noticed that. Seriously. We have a good time. If there were other teams in Indiana, however, it would be fun to compete against them just for hell of it.
Well, it just seems a little... don't know the word. But I did check out the site, and I guess some of us may have sounded negative about it because there were "levels" in the team. I guess I took it as a team (well, not only because you guys mentioned it) but because there were "positions." As it says, there's only one position left. I mean, if it was for Kokomo people in general, I would've though it'd be a little bit more open.

But hey, as long as you guys are having fun and laughs, it's all good.

I might seem like I look down on when people call "teams," because California had funny problems in the past about it. Long time ago. I mean freestyling teams, or more specifically one that I remember, that ran around all sorts of different DDR forums in NorCal being all elitist and they weren't that hot.

Sooo... my apologies. It would be fun to travel around the world, however, and play DDR with others. =)
Last edited by the gattchoon on Fri May 19, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Fri May 19, 2006 9:19 pm

The "team" part of it isn't for everyone. We're still a team, but I guess you couldn't expect people here to take it seriously.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri May 19, 2006 10:02 pm

XeroCi wrote:The first three of us who formed it were best friends, its more of a cliche than a team. We're more or less advertising for people on Kokomo who want something to do on Saturdays. We have a lot of fun and alot of laughs.

DDRKokomo is not a team, but its like IndyDDR. its a place for people who play DDR in Kokomo.
Team DDRKokomo is one, but you guys just look at everything negatively :roll: .
I'm pretty sure you meant a clique as opposed to a cliche.

I think the negativity stems from the way in which it was initially presented. It certainly appeared to be a competition team rather than a social group as you are describing it. And I'm sure that stems from the fact that there are gameplay requirements for membership listed on the website.

I'm all for bringing people together. If a team is the way that works best for your group, more power to ya. But as you noted, it's probably not for everyone.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat May 20, 2006 8:57 am

Ho wrote:
XeroCi wrote:The first three of us who formed it were best friends, its more of a cliche than a team. We're more or less advertising for people on Kokomo who want something to do on Saturdays. We have a lot of fun and alot of laughs.

I wrote:Your group's a cliche? Wow, that's odd...you don't mean a clique by any chance, do you?
Why does everybody ignore my posts? That's like the 3rd time in two days that somebody <5 posts away has said the exact same thing I said...or asked a question that I just answered or something like that.

-Dan

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat May 20, 2006 9:53 am

dance1005 wrote:
Ho wrote:

I wrote:Your group's a cliche? Wow, that's odd...you don't mean a clique by any chance, do you?
Why does everybody ignore my posts? That's like the 3rd time in two days that somebody <5 posts away has said the exact same thing I said...or asked a question that I just answered or something like that.

-Dan
Bah! You're both wrong. He *clearly* means a cliche. I mean, three highschool best friends form an underdog team to play some sport... they accrue other quirky yet lovable people, and have conflicts along the way that nearly destroy their friendship... eventually they resolve their disagreements, take on the big team of jocks, and win, because spirit is more important than brawn, etc., etc. It's the oldest story in Hollywood. I hear they've got Keanu Reeves for XeroCi... who's playing Jess?

<grins> Sorry, couldn't resist.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:10 am

Arka wrote:
dance1005 wrote:
Ho wrote: I'm pretty sure you meant a clique as opposed to a cliche.

-Dan
Bah! You're both wrong. He *clearly* means a cliche. I mean, three highschool best friends form an underdog team to play some sport... they accrue other quirky yet lovable people, and have conflicts along the way that nearly destroy their friendship... eventually they resolve their disagreements, take on the big team of jocks, and win, because spirit is more important than brawn, etc., etc. It's the oldest story in Hollywood. I hear they've got Keanu Reeves for XeroCi... who's playing Jess?

Roflcopter.

-Dan

XeRo
Standard
Standard

Post by XeRo » Sat May 20, 2006 10:34 am

-slaps Dan- Stop with the effin' ROFL garbage...That went out of style with disco!!! o.O;; Oh and yeah, XeRoCi, you should allow me to be a part of your "clique" ;) I am afterall, your older, more safisticated counterpart.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat May 20, 2006 11:27 am

XeRo wrote: more safisticated counterpart.
Yeh, yer dun serphistercation's showin.
And I was joking with the ROFL garbage, I don't really mean it...it's sort of making fun of how lame it is. Plus, I only said it twice as far as I can remember(once with waffle and once with copter).

-Dan

P.S. Hey aren't you the guy that was at TnT last night?

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Sat May 20, 2006 12:02 pm

I'll probably drag Casey to this only to watch him be kicked out for calling you all fags for getting 50 greats on kind lady heavy.

If he wins you have to promise never to have another tournament again, thats what happened in Muncie.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat May 20, 2006 12:19 pm

pffft i say rofl all the time on tem intrnewtz chatz
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sat May 20, 2006 10:58 pm

Ha. The Matrix is one of my favorite movies. I think the guy from School of Rock is more my size though :P, Jack Black I think. And you don't live in Kokomo, XeRo. :P But you are much more sophisticated than me, and better. And married.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

XeRo
Standard
Standard

Post by XeRo » Tue May 23, 2006 8:56 pm

Married...Lmfao...No not anymore...I am again, a single man! WoOt wOoT! She screwed me over you know? Anyways, I don't know about the whole being better than you thing anymore either, I don't play much anymore bud. Oh well, I can still hold my own...! =)

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Tue May 23, 2006 9:49 pm

That sucks. but hey, as long as your happy. We're making another trip to Fort Wayne pretty soon, I'll tell you when we're coming along XeRo, so maybe you can play alittle again.

XeRo
Standard
Standard

Post by XeRo » Fri May 26, 2006 11:48 am

Works for me, I'm always around! =)