Post by danc1005 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:31 am

Lol most likely.

-Dan

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun May 14, 2006 12:34 pm

Apologies for the shift-to-topic, but:
Arka wrote:As to a DDR movie: I suspect that if any such thing happens, it will be a documentary of one of the major dance events (though WPF seems more likely at this point).
Having now read this thread on IndyDDR's uberpredecessor, I have come to believe in a cyclical theory of time and will henceforth be cleansing my forum karma so none of my posts are reincarnated as flames. :shock:

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun May 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Arka wrote:Apologies for the shift-to-topic, but:
Arka wrote:As to a DDR movie: I suspect that if any such thing happens, it will be a documentary of one of the major dance events (though WPF seems more likely at this point).
Having now read this thread on IndyDDR's uberpredecessor, I have come to believe in a cyclical theory of time and will henceforth be cleansing my forum karma so none of my posts are reincarnated as flames. :shock:
haha that is hilarious
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat May 20, 2006 9:17 pm

About the show, I dont get why they are even making it...

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:41 pm

blackcat24 wrote:It's so funny how I've got this whole thing mapped out. Dude, the soundtrack would like kick ass.
Perhaps for the moviegoers who can see it in 3-D, the theater can provide pads for them to use to further themselves into the experience.

No...wait. Scratch that.

I could buy a new pad for the cost of a movie ticket now.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:12 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote: I could buy a new pad for the cost of a movie ticket now.
That is, a pad that lasts less than a month. :)

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:35 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:
Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote: I could buy a new pad for the cost of a movie ticket now.
That is, a pad that lasts less than a month. :)
Ah, like this show will.

Touche.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:07 am

This show debuts in about half an hour this morning (11:30) on CBS (WISH-TV 8 for those of us in Indy).

Most of us here are surely NOT the target audience. Keep that in mind if you decide to watch. Personally, I'll tune in out of sheer curiosity.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:18 am

Um, ok...so I watched.

About that "not being the target audience"... Yeah. We got any pre-teen girls out there? Dance Revolution wraps up the KOL Secret Slumber Party. It looks like a block of Saturday morning programming targeted at pre-teen or very early teen girls.

Dance Revolution...seems like low-budget So You Think You Can Dance for kids. At half an hour long for everything: intros, a music performance, a dance lesson, the performances, judging, AND the results...it actually feels a bit long!

Again, I'm not the audience they're looking for, but the fact that I had to hear the same clip of music blatantly and gratuitously promoting the Slumber Party Girls made the whole program stale in a hurry. They performed it at the beginning of the show, the four dance teams were each introduced by it and then performed to it, and then it closed the show...that's 10 times! Oh wait, I think 11...they used it during part of the dance lesson, too. -_-

It's not that it was a bad song...if you're into RadioDisney-style pop, but it quickly takes on the same effect as having to wait through n00bs whoring Butterfly--no matter how much you may like it.

The biggest surprise to me...the LACK of any tie-ins to DDR. The opening and closing credits both note the involvement of Konami Digital Entertainment, but the game was NEVER mentioned during the show. It wasn't even part of any of the prize packages nor were any of the commercials Konami or DDR-related. In fact, the most frequently played commercials during the show were for the Nintendo DS and various DS games. Seems like a completely missed marketing opportunity to me.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:24 am

Ho wrote:The biggest surprise to me...the LACK of any tie-ins to DDR. The opening and closing credits both note the involvement of Konami Digital Entertainment, but the game was NEVER mentioned during the show. It wasn't even part of any of the prize packages nor were any of the commercials Konami or DDR-related. In fact, the most frequently played commercials during the show were for the Nintendo DS and various DS games. Seems like a completely missed marketing opportunity to me.
Same here. I was thinking with the title of the show and the association to Konami, that DDR would play at least a supporting, if not major, role in the show. But it didn't.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:30 am

Would anyone like to start a wager pool as to whether a Slumber Party Girls song will show up in a version of DDR?

BeForU they are not.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:50 am

I bet you feel like a dirty man watching that.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:16 pm

By the way, a Spanish movie that apparently revolves around DDR is being released next week.

I'm completely serious

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:19 pm

LikeableRodent wrote:By the way, a Spanish movie that apparently revolves around DDR is being released next week.

I'm completely serious
turbo fail

http://www.indyddr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1788
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:54 pm

LikeableRodent wrote:By the way, a Spanish movie that apparently revolves around DDR is being released next week.

I'm completely serious
LIKE READ THE FORUMS