Crossovers....or any other steps you have problems with

Moderator: Moderators

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Crossovers....or any other steps you have problems with

Post by BladeFist87 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:58 pm

Ok big thing is...mesa LOVE Freckles on Heavy, but mesa also suck (and sometimes fail at nasty crossover steps....any particular way anyone else out there makes it easy? In otherwords...teach me how to cross!

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:16 pm

I don't remember if the ones in Freckles are like the ones in CSFIL:SM or not, but those take a little practice.

The sequence is something like (# is player side, LRUD are obvious):
1U, 1R, 2L, 2U, then back (or the reverse).

Start on your right foot, hit 1R with your left, pivot slightly to hit 2L with your right, then pivot more to hit 2U with your left. The key to doubles is to learn to use the opposite foot from what you just used most of the time, even if that would involve turning in weird ways (I just got to where I could do that run in CSFIL:SM like 2-3 weeks ago). They take a little practice, but that crossover, in particular, is very fun.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:51 pm

I can't do crossovers worth shit, either, but I can AA Freckles heavy.

That's probably just because I've been hardcore teaching myself the wrong thing for so long.

Am trying to get away from it, and I find that playing ITG actually is making me do more things that DDR didn't (I play with freeze arrows on ITG, but I never used to on DDR, and crossovers are...maybe...coming a little easier? The ones I have to do, anyway).

Either way, LEARN THEM. LoL. Don't teach yourself to do the wrong thing like I did. XD
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:47 am

I have problems with the really frickin crazy crossovers in doubles. Any avid doubles player knows what I mean.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:05 am

yea doubles cross overs are just... insane i have too much troubles doing them... usually ending up failing...

but when you are doing crossovers... like you mean if it is LDRLU... thats actually tricky... if you do it the tricky way... but its a lot funner if you do it with the crossovers....

hit the L with yer left foot down with your right right with your left , left with your right, and then up with your left foot....

you end up faceing away from the machine... but then you just have to spin,jump really fast and turn back around heh....

but then there are the crossovers that are easy... like D,L,D,R,D,L,D,R.... if you just hit down with your left foot over and over then hit left and right both with your right foot.... its pretty easy... you just have to pivot back and forth between steps...

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Re: Crossovers....or any other steps you have problems with

Post by Yume_Taira » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:20 pm

BladeFist87 wrote:Ok big thing is...mesa LOVE Freckles on Heavy, but mesa also suck (and sometimes fail at nasty crossover steps....any particular way anyone else out there makes it easy? In otherwords...teach me how to cross!
Next time you're there, I'll put you through some crossover songs. It makes things easier...economy of motion will help you play more difficult songs.

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:59 pm

the doubles crossovers aren't as hard as you think, for instance i'll just use Max 300 heavy as an example, because it's the only one i remember.

2pR, 2pD, 2pL, 1pR, 1pU, 1pL, to do that run of quarter notes, keep switching feet, then when you switch from the 2p pad to the 1p pad, don't do any turns or anything, it should just come fairly easy.

that's an example of easier crossover runs in doubles...the harder ones would be

1pL, 1pD, 1pR, 2pL, 2pD, 2pR, i don't remember any songs that actually do that off the top of my head, hbut I know it's out there. Just do your crossover like normal, but when you switch from 1p pad to 2p pad or vice versa, you're going to have to do an inward or outward turn, doesn't matter to me, but you're going to have to do it or you'll have to double step.

IceDraco
Light
Light

Post by IceDraco » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:46 pm

i dont have any problems with crossovers, i dont know what you guys are talking about.
oh wait i, suck at DDR, cant play heavy for CRAP. lol i just cant read the arows fast enough to step on the pads :oops:

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:07 pm

I learned crossovers by doing Holic, and Freckles over and over and over and over again, with someone who could pass the song so I got the hang of it.....Oh and on 2x, but Im a speed mod whore...
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:53 pm

Holic doesn't really have crossovers.

A good way to train is get a home version or stepmania with a pad and play these songs.

Spin the Disc
Rythm and Police (slowed down)
Exotic Ethnic (slowed down)

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:02 pm

IceDraco wrote:i dont have any problems with crossovers, i dont know what you guys are talking about.
oh wait i, suck at DDR, cant play heavy for CRAP. lol i just cant read the arows fast enough to step on the pads :oops:
you'll be able to in time. just practice doing songs on standard or whatever you play- and do it a lot. Once you do fairly well at whatever level you are doing, start experimenting with the speed mods. I can't totally remember what I did to make it so I could read the steps while they are going faster(other than playing a lot) so I would play around with the fastest songs you have(if you have home version). To start do something easy like break down on standard.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:27 pm

Air is pretty much pure crossovers and it's a slow song.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:08 pm

who does cross overs? I white boy everything and still AAA :o

slides plz, thx

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:08 pm

CgSquall wrote: 1pL, 1pD, 1pR, 2pL, 2pD, 2pR, i don't remember any songs that actually do that off the top of my head, hbut I know it's out there. Just do your crossover like normal, but when you switch from 1p pad to 2p pad or vice versa, you're going to have to do an inward or outward turn, doesn't matter to me, but you're going to have to do it or you'll have to double step.
I think one of the paranoia's has those kind of runs.
I think that Jane Jana is the one that has those a ton.
Jane Jana's a good song for heavy crossover type stuff, cause it's slow, but not too slow.
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!