"How to Master Dance Dance Revolution"

Moderator: Moderators

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:16 pm

http://wiki.ehow.com/Dance-to-Rap-Music wrote:Go to the club and start by checking out the basic moves people do, they are often good bridges. However, very few people let loose and those who do usually get tons of compliments. But don't do it to get the compliments or even to pick up women necessarily. Instead, dance because it's the ultimate way for you to feel the message and the music.
same article wrote:Just because TI raps about two guns drew and you and your friends go a little two on two, it doesn't mean you should fight.
So whats the "message" I'm supposed to be getting? All i hear about is capping people and affluent showing of how much money you make.
I don't mean to dis on rap, but the mainstream stuff is just horrible. There is good intelligent hiphop, too bad nobody wants to play it.

ps that articles a joke
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:20 pm

Green Tea wrote:speed mods help separate the notes

o rly? never knew that. maybe i should play that "didder" game more often.

In all seriousness I was just saying that this article is telling you to rely on them basicly which is a bad thing
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:44 am

"1x, Flat for life!" -Me

(no bar either)

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:27 am

Potter wrote:
Green Tea wrote:speed mods help separate the notes
o rly? never knew that. maybe i should play that "didder" game more often.
I know it's a little known fact :lol: did you know the bar also helps with stability (more important knowledge)
Potter wrote:In all seriousness I was just saying that this article is telling you to rely on them basicly which is a bad thing
Really I do not think of speed mods as a bad thing, personally I prefer playing PIU with speed mods because it allows me to play more difficult songs because switching back and forth between DDR and PIU confuses my reading :(. I just don't see it necessary to keep it on 1x if the song move so slowly that it is just a block of arrows coming up.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:53 am

I've been playing since before there were speed mods (or Vivid), so I just grew accustomed to it. There are a few songs I play better with speed mods, but I generally just don't bother with them. Playing 1x Flat is quite nostalgic and differentiates me in the modern DDR culture.
Last edited by Ho on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:44 am

Ho wrote:I've been playing since before there were speed mods (or Vivid), so I just grew accustomed to it. There are a few songs I play better with speed mods, but I generally just don't bother with them. Playing 1x Flat is quite nostalgic and differentiates me in the modern DDR culture.
I wish I could claim this pure a reason. Unfortunately, I just have trouble reading speed mods.

For me, it's a speed thing (no pun intended). I do not move quickly in the best of circumstances, so the more warning I have about what steps I'm expected to hit, the better. Part of this is size (the larger you are, the more momentum management is involved in playing any of the Big Three), part of it is caution (even after 3 years, I'm still not comfortable stepping first and thinking later). And I'm sure innate clumsiness and neurological deterioration don't help any.

I've gotten to the point with DDR where I can read 1.5x; anything more than that is extremely difficult.

I can count the number of (non-trivial) PIU songs I can pass using speed mods on my fingers.

I don't even know how to enable speed mods on the other Bemani games. This can be taken as a quantitative indicator of how much I suck.

I don't know how to abuse the bar, either. Ballet teachers very quickly impress upon their students that they are not to put weight on the bar, and I did take lessons for ten years. Some scars stay with you forever.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Re: "How to Master Dance Dance Revolution"

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:35 pm

blackcat24 wrote: *Don't get obsessed with the game.

Yea.... If it's too late for someone, will they ever get there life back?
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:42 pm

Ho wrote:"1x, Flat for life!" -Me

(no bar either)
Ho is Pickles?

I've played since 3rd mix so I too learned without mods. But I just grew to like speed mods.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:43 pm

same here, i learned on the lf 3rd mix. i never really use them except for shit like bag and such
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:33 pm

...of course on 3rd mix you dont even really need the speed mods or the bar

and whats wrong with being obsessed?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:34 pm

obsession leads to lust, lust leads to jealousy, jealousy leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to rough handjobs

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:35 pm

:shock: sorry i asked...

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:27 pm

Potter wrote:obsession leads to lust, lust leads to jealousy, jealousy leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to rough handjobs
roflllllllllll.

Since I haven't been playing DDR for too terribly long, I have gotten accustomed to the speed mods. I usually do songs on 2x Solo. If the song is slow then I do 3x or higher depending. I have not tried bag yet...I'm like so intimidated by that song...but I do My Summer Love on 3x...and We Will Rock You. Basically anything at 100bpm or lower is 3x for me. Everything else is 2x.

Like, if I didn't have speed mods, I wouldn't be able to get past Standard mode...hahaha.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:27 pm

um... yea.... im gonna go get a fork

*the only sound is the silverware slashing into my eyes*

ok, im good now
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:18 pm

Harleigh RVNG wrote:um... yea.... im gonna go get a fork

*the only sound is the silverware slashing into my eyes*

ok, im good now
?!