Tournament

Moderator: Moderators

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

Tournament

Post by built-to-spill » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:06 pm

I have no idea where to put this thread so... feel free to move it.

Uhh, the manager at Lazer-X wants me to try and get a tournament together and I wanted to see if there was any interest. If there is I should probably get started. We only have a 5th mix right now, but it's in good shape. I'd like to see if we could have the tournament either early in the morning or late at night before the whole place closes/opens, and open up all the games and laser tag for free to anyone who enters. Any input would be appreciated. I'd really like to do a doubles tournament in this one since I've never heard of one happening.

Input!
Steve Fletcher

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:14 pm

I like the idea. =D

Am not good enough to take anything, but it'd be fun to play anyway.

And I can only think of about two people that would participate competatively in Doubles. You and David. However, it would still be a lot of fun to watch. n_n
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:48 pm

I'd go for it. I'd even compete in doubles (even though I'd probably lose ^_^) but it'd be fun to have a 5th mix tourney.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:52 pm

It'd be awesome. That way no one could complain about speed mods.

Count me in.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:10 pm

You have my support! Doubles or singles, either one is fine as long as the tournament is based on PA instead of raw score.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:09 am

if ya need tourney help you got my name. What about Freestyle? And ususaly single elimination works well compared to double elimination.
Warning incoming game!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:02 am

There's nothing inherently wrong with double elimination. Actually, I rather like the format. But beware that it takes FOR-E-VER if you have more than about 16 people. Consider how many people you expect to draw to an event before deciding on this format. Plus, it's rather complicated to setup. I've seen it done wrong more often than I've seen it done right.

Oh, and General DDR works for now. There's no Events forum at the moment. That's actually intentional. I have a different idea about how to handle it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:08 am

i like single elimination... but when you play you play best out of 3 against the other guy.... that works welll...

i wish i could participate.... but anyways good luck to whoever goes!

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

yea

Post by Ray_Clark » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:24 am

Where is Lazer X is located? Is that the 1 on by Castleton mall?

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:46 am

It's in Fort Wayne, which is why mostly people whose location says "Fort Wayne" or some nickname for the Fort are discussing it. :o

LikeableRodent

Re: yea

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:56 am

Ray_Clark wrote:Where is Lazer X is located? Is that the 1 on by Castleton mall?
It's the 1 by Glenbrook mall.

http://www.lazerxfw.com/

Oh my, what an assy site they have.

Hey look they have 5th Mix!

ImageImageImage

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:04 pm

Ho wrote:There's nothing inherently wrong with double elimination. Actually, I rather like the format. But beware that it takes FOR-E-VER if you have more than about 16 people. Consider how many people you expect to draw to an event before deciding on this format. Plus, it's rather complicated to setup. I've seen it done wrong more often than I've seen it done right.

Oh, and General DDR works for now. There's no Events forum at the moment. That's actually intentional. I have a different idea about how to handle it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
actually most double elims I go to finish faster than your singles :P The new format (Well not new, but current) style of tournies I go to are all PA based, some even MA anymore as most songs are easy to AAA for most, but not counting perfects all together. Basically they do best of 3, which IMO is the better way to do it.

Anyways don't expect much of a turn out, Indiana tournies are never big. There have been only 2 successful indiana tournaments. Westside Rythm Rumble, and Gameworks Showdown. Rest are usually jus a bunch of scrubs (MuncieDDR for example). I'll show up and support it as I always do, but jus warning you. You better make sure you have a good rule setup :o

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

Post by built-to-spill » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:48 pm

The manager wants to have it during buisiness hours on a weekday night, so I guess that's when it'll happen. It will be based on PA, there will be no discussion on that. I'd rather do single elimination because it sounds easier to me. I'll do freestyle if enough people are interested, and other than that I plan on doing a trick singles, maniac singles, and maniac doubles. There is one pad that gives me trouble because two of the sensors are out, does anyone know where to order replacements?

Oh yeah, lay off the site Adam, we're fixing it soon... I hope. But we have all new packs, so the laser tag there should be top notch if anyone decides to play, I'm real excited to try it myself.
Steve Fletcher

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:34 pm

I'm up for it. I'll be home in a few days, so I should be able to make it. I stand no chance of winning, but I enjoy it anyways.

So, count me in. Just let me know the 5 W's...who, what, when, where, and why(course we know this one already)

Peace! 8)

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:00 pm

built-to-spill wrote:The manager wants to have it during buisiness hours on a weekday night, so I guess that's when it'll happen. It will be based on PA, there will be no discussion on that. I'd rather do single elimination because it sounds easier to me. I'll do freestyle if enough people are interested, and other than that I plan on doing a trick singles, maniac singles, and maniac doubles. There is one pad that gives me trouble because two of the sensors are out, does anyone know where to order replacements?

Oh yeah, lay off the site Adam, we're fixing it soon... I hope. But we have all new packs, so the laser tag there should be top notch if anyone decides to play, I'm real excited to try it myself.
ill get you a number soon, whenever i feel like going to the drawer that the number is in.