Buying advice for a pad

Moderator: Moderators

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:29 pm

I'd either get a metal pad or get an ignition style pad, depending on your budget or personal preference.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:56 pm

I have an older RO metal pad... that untill yesterday only worked for two months after getting it.

The screws came up through the bottom and poked through the wooden pannels then stabbed into the sensor, bending it so that it was always touching the arrow, finnally hitting that arrow enough caused it to crack and now my up arrow is barely held together and the left and right are both cracked aswell... the down arrow never had that problem neither did the corner buttons.

I took it apart last weekend and got it all fixed up... just took a saw and cut the ends of the screwes off and I had to solder the left pannel back on because it was actually entirely disconnected from the pad when i opened it up.... now the pad works amazingly well and I am again glad I bought it.

A... decent metal pad that is cheap (I got two for $100 each) is a MyMyBox pad... it requires quite a bit of upkeep but this pad lasted me 9 months... and I was mean to the pads aswell... I would reccommend them but just... now the price has gone up (and they are on sale... lol) it is now $120 a piece This pad is for PS2 only... but you could use a USB adapter to get it to your PC no problem.
http://www.mymybox.com/ddrmt6.html

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:30 pm

Hey I decided to get me an Ignition. So yeah watch out for danc1005 pwning on the Extreme 2 online and SMOnline leaderboards lol.

-Dan

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:13 pm

dance1005 wrote:So yeah watch out for danc1005 pwning on the SMOnline leaderboards lol.

-Dan
So you're gonna beat Anobody, Izzy and all the others? Have fun with that.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:28 pm

If I knew who those were, I would tell you. And besides, I was saying it sarcastically.

-Dan

kyj197
Beginner
Beginner

Post by kyj197 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:17 am

Pheonixguy wrote:are the metal pads worth the money?
yes. what I heard is that if you have money to buy 3 of RO ignition pads, buy a CF metal pad. Now, there is a new nexen metal pad from mymybox that everybody talking about. you might want to check it out.

http://www.mymybox.com/nexen.html $199.99

http://www.mymybox.com/ddrmbsgxg.html $349.99 it is on sale for $299.99

http://www.cobaltflux.com/products_cobalt.htm $299.99

According to vesper (ddrfreak), blueshark metal pad is the best metal pad on the market. nexen and cobaltflux is about the same I think.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:09 pm

Lets see, i have two normal broken soft pads ($40) One broken wireless soft pad ($30) Two ignition foam pads ($80)... thats $150. (I found the ignitions online for 40 each, not the case with metal) So I wouldnt even have nearly enough for any kind of metal pad. Just had to say that... :P

Edit: Of course then i have the 4 games ($160) and piu ($30) so i technically would have had enough, but they dont count. ^_^
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.