Gumby
Standard
Standard

DDR in P.E.

Post by Gumby » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:52 pm

I don't fear death; I fear not living.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:54 pm

My dreams of picking up pre-teen girls with DDR skills has finally come true.

I'm the cata passing Brian Peppers.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:59 pm

[quote="Fluffyumpkins"]My dreams of picking up pre-teen girls with DDR skills has finally come true. [/quote
LMFAO!!!!
Team KIMO represent!

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:14 pm

My little brother's been playing DDR in his elementary school gym class since last year. Which is pretty rockin', because the moment I heard that, he and I planned a trip to the arcade.

Because I want my little bro to kick all the little kids' asses. XD

Either way, funny this thread should come up now. Last night there was an article about DDR in P.E. in the paper.

But then again, that just means that the Journal Gazette is stealing their news from CNN. Again. :roll:
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:09 am

I was extremely stoked to hear about this development; not only is one of the nation's most obese states getting it's hand(feet) on DDR, the game itself is getting immense popularity.

Popularity is healthy for the music game genre - the more the merrier, baby.

dc_slaughter
Light
Light

Post by dc_slaughter » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:01 pm

And when is my school gonna pick up DDR? I can't wait to pwn the whole school...
The youngest phenomenon to EVER hit IndyDDR! Not really...but some people may remember me...

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:49 pm

they should force the fat kids to play ddr for sure.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:13 am

wonder what kind of pads they are getting.... i mean.. if they get the shitty ones this whole plan will go down the shitter real fast and make it a massive waste of money.... but if they get pads (and keep them up) that are good.... then this has a chance of working.

Think about during gym class how many of you abused the equipment?.... DDR pads arent really that... durable really....
MMR wrote:My little brother's been playing DDR in his elementary school gym class since last year. Which is pretty rockin', because the moment I heard that, he and I planned a trip to the arcade.
My goal through High School has been to bring DDR into school somehow. And I have succeeded somewhat. I did a presentation on the health benefits of DDR during health class and I showed the teacher how great DDR is for people. I brought in so many "Before and After" storys that i printed out... and just demonstrated how DDR helps (showed the workout mode haha) Last year he talked to the school board and got them to put a PS2 and DDR EX2 into the JR High here.

Ive been meaning to print this out and bring it to him (the CNN article) and show him how other schools are implimenting DDR and I honestly belive that we might have something like this in the future going on in Wisconsin.

Then again... our school is so pressed with money right now that they are pushing for ANOTHER refferendum (we had one 3 years ago... after already cutting 6 teachers) so... unless if we get some other funding (like WV is) it will be impossible for it to happen....

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:30 am

letshavetea wrote:wonder what kind of pads they are getting.... i mean.. if they get the shitty ones this whole plan will go down the shitter real fast and make it a massive waste of money.... but if they get pads (and keep them up) that are good.... then this has a chance of working.

Think about during gym class how many of you abused the equipment?.... DDR pads arent really that... durable really....
They're using the squishy/shit pads. My assumption is that they're using those pads everywhere. I don't expect that the kids'll get good enough just playing in P.E. to actually need the more advanced pads.

So, basically, all the exercise these kids are going to get is equivilent to walking. And when only two kids can play at a time, it's even less of a workout, for the whole session in the gym. But planting the idea is a good thing, so that they can use that mode of exercise in an arcade later (and hopefully get better). Until then, get back to playing a sport. They'll get more exercise that way.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.