DDR SuperNOVA (new arcade mix)

Moderator: Moderators

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:32 am

Not sure. I'll check tomorrow. Make a list people! I'll do FAQ's as needed until Hoosierana gets one.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:48 am

Is there anyway you could get a MODERATELY clean rip of Healing-D-Vision? Because (last time I checked) in the one that all the stepfiles use, you can't even hear the song, just the guy stomping out the notes.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:34 am

Problem with that is I have no sound recording device, plus this machine has auto fail if your life bar runs out.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:34 am

According to Jason Enos (Konami Rep) there will be an edit data option available. However, I'll believe it when I see it!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:17 pm

Yeah, the manager said they got an email from corperate about PS2 memory card edit data slots. I'm wondering with these new PS2 slots if they can be retrofitted to say, Extreme, and used for edit data.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:44 pm

DDR Extreme already HAS a memory card slot option. They're just not on most machines in the Indianapolis area. You just export the edit from your home mix (even the US versions should work!) and then copy the resulting file over to an original playstation memory card (PS2 won't work). Shove the card in before starting the game and enjoy.

If you think they'll backport new hardware to the old stuff, you're nuts. They want to drive sales of the new cabinets, not foster people continuing to putz around on old, unlicensed, bootleg machines.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:59 pm

I played for the first time today. Aside form a few synching issues, and general pad suck-ness, I was impressed.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:55 am

MonMotha wrote:DDR Extreme already HAS a memory card slot option. They're just not on most machines in the Indianapolis area. You just export the edit from your home mix (even the US versions should work!) and then copy the resulting file over to an original playstation memory card (PS2 won't work). Shove the card in before starting the game and enjoy.

If you think they'll backport new hardware to the old stuff, you're nuts. They want to drive sales of the new cabinets, not foster people continuing to putz around on old, unlicensed, bootleg machines.
It's going to be PS2 instead of PS1 though. But apparently, even if it's an upgraded Extreme, it has to have the new mem. card readers.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:19 pm

They changed hardware for SuperNova, so that's not surprising at all. The way they do it in Japan right now is using magnetic cards (similar to the ones used for Initial D). I was saying that there's virtually no chance of them making the new memory card readers work with the old Extreme stuff. They have no reason to, and a bunch of reasons not to.

Besides, is copying the edits over to a playstation card that hard? Only problem is that it limits you to a certain number of edits since the cards are slotted. If you want to play edits on Extreme, that's how you do it.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:03 pm

Wait... so can you use the us ddr cs games on the extreme machines?
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:07 pm

No, you can use edit steps exported from the CS versions on the arcade *if* the arcade has memory card slots (most around here don't seem to). The procedure depends on the mix, but basically you "export" the desired edit from your edit library, then (using the PS2 shell) copy the resulting save onto an original playstation memory card. If you put that card in the slots before you start your game, the edits will appear in the game (a memory card icon will be next to the song, hit -> -> on the stage to access the edit). The operator can also permanently load edits onto the machine from the operator menu.

I'm pretty sure this works with the US CS releases (at least prior to Extreme), but my sister seems to have misplaced my US CS discs, so I can't check. Obviously, it'll work with the JP CS releases.
A normality test:
+++ATH

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:43 pm

Any reason why people would want to play songs from Extreme on Super Nova? There was a guy doing that for lots of doubles songs that are already in Extreme. I wouldn't normally care, but there was a much chea[er Extreme machine with working pads right next to it. Does Super Nova bring anything new to older songs?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:35 pm

It brings, dancers, pretty colors, and poor synching to old songs

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:17 am

MonMotha wrote:No, you can use edit steps exported from the CS versions on the arcade *if* the arcade has memory card slots (most around here don't seem to). The procedure depends on the mix, but basically you "export" the desired edit from your edit library, then (using the PS2 shell) copy the resulting save onto an original playstation memory card. If you put that card in the slots before you start your game, the edits will appear in the game (a memory card icon will be next to the song, hit -> -> on the stage to access the edit). The operator can also permanently load edits onto the machine from the operator menu.

I'm pretty sure this works with the US CS releases (at least prior to Extreme), but my sister seems to have misplaced my US CS discs, so I can't check. Obviously, it'll work with the JP CS releases.
Hmm... I'll have to try that then. One of the machines at indiana beach has a mem slot and i just happen to be going there sunday...
so i just copy the data onto an ps memory card? thats easy enough :D
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:29 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Does Super Nova bring anything new to older songs?
Engrish.