Red Octane pads

Moderator: Moderators

STM200
Light
Light

Red Octane pads

Post by STM200 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:03 pm

I got a Red Octane pad 2 days ago and today in the middle of a song the back arrow stopped working. Anyone know whats wrong with it? Sensor?

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:04 pm

which pad? 2.0?
or was it one of the pos soft pads?
there's no way a 2.0 should've broken in two days, so def take it back, gamestop offered a one year warranty for me when i bought mine, so hopefully you got the same kinda deal.
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STM200
Light
Light

Post by STM200 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:14 pm

Its the metal one, my bro was on there with wet shoes could that of made it stop?

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:36 pm

I would think if the water leaked into the pad that would screw it up pretty badly. Depends how wet they were, but i would say in the future, never let anyone play with dirty shoes on your pads.
AH MY LAST POST OF THE DAY!
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 pm

Tssk tssk tssk. What was he doing on there playing with wet shoes? Bad boy.

I'm not sure what kind of sensors RO is using in their metal pads now, but they used to use foil tape that had a tendancy to peel off sometimes and complete the circuit so the arrow wouldn't work. Does the pad have LED lights the light up when you step on an arrow? If so plug it in, don't step on anything, and see if the lights light up. If they do then you have a completed circuit, which is probably a little bit of metal completing the circuit.

If you have a very basic knowledge of electronics and don't mind unscrewing some screws you could take the arrow off and see if there's any portrusions that may be the circuit completion culprit, and in that case it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

If it ends up that water seeped into the pad and short circuited something then your probably screwed and you'll be out of my league of help.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:47 am

does RO really use that foil tape meathod?... cause i hope not i hated that.... and thats how mymybox pads died... and im getting a RO Metal pad soon (tomarrow i think)...

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:49 am

letshavetea wrote:does RO really use that foil tape meathod?... cause i hope not i hated that.... and thats how mymybox pads died... and im getting a RO Metal pad soon (tomarrow i think)...
When I first bought an RO metal pad over a year ago they used the foil tape, though I believe that they've since switched to metal contact pads. I'm not positive about it yet, so maybe we should let STM200 take off his arrows and post some pictures... *hint hint*

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:52 am

when i get mine if he hasnt posted pics yet.. ill try (i would have to get ahold of my sis's cam... shoudlnt be too hard...) oh well... if i cant post pics ill say what i can tell...

gah i hate that foil tape... but i just used this sandpaper stuff to get it off of mymybox pads... and then they worked PERFECTLY... that is untill they died entirely.... (it wont accept anything now)... i think the cord that runs from the PS2 to the pads died... but they both died roughly around the same time (about 2 weeks apart.... )

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:09 am

Look at that, I just realized that this was in General DDR instead of Home.

(moved to Home)

STM200
Light
Light

Post by STM200 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:10 pm

I dont know how to post pics.

STM200
Light
Light

Post by STM200 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:44 pm

Ok, I found the problem I think. Theres a white wire thats disconnected from the sensor under the arrow, but it was saudered on. Its not foil tape, its a circuitboard type deal.