Why do you play?

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:28 pm

blackcat24 wrote:
Sandman wrote:I play so I can look cool//sexy for ze girls... ^_^
Gosh everyone keeps saying that...and must I keep reminding you all that DDR will not pick up girls!! Maybe in some situations, but for the most parts, girls just like to watch and giggle and then leave and forget that it ever happened. lol.
Incorrect. DDR is hellza pimpin.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:34 pm

Intermezzo wrote:I play 'cause it's fun. I'm not good enough to care about scores a lot yet. Once I can consistently AAA things, I will, but that isn't going to happen.

Arka- have you ever made a post that was less than ten sentences long? :o
Yes. 8)

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:51 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
blackcat24 wrote:
Gosh everyone keeps saying that...and must I keep reminding you all that DDR will not pick up girls!! Maybe in some situations, but for the most parts, girls just like to watch and giggle and then leave and forget that it ever happened. lol.
Incorrect. DDR is hellza pimpin.
Duh. XD!

When DDR was first imported in California near me, I can't tell you how many guys I had a crush on that played DDR. I dated 3 guys I met through DDR. And 2 of them were famous for freestyling at the time. ;p

Then again... I was like 11-14 years old when this happened. ^^;;;;;;

Anyhow, my reasons for playing? Exercise. I'm a pretty lazy person, and this is the only thing that motivates me to move around enough to make me sweat as much. =P

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:27 pm

blackcat24 wrote:
It's picks up a hell of a lot more girls than Para Para though :wink:
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:39 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:
blackcat24 wrote:
I dunno. I generally see a higher percentage of girls around PPP machines than DDR machines. Whether they'll be interested in you for playing is a completely different story though.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:08 pm

Ho wrote:
WhiteDragon wrote:
blackcat24 wrote: Gosh everyone keeps saying that...and must I keep reminding you all that DDR will not pick up girls!! Maybe in some situations, but for the most parts, girls just like to watch and giggle and then leave and forget that it ever happened. lol.
I dunno. I generally see a higher percentage of girls around PPP machines than DDR machines. Whether they'll be interested in you for playing is a completely different story though.
valid point I would think PPP would have the adverse effect...

Though DDR will help you pick up girls*

*Girls meaning, jailbait, women under the age of 15, and trailer trash. Good looking girls not guaranteed, absense of teeth may apply. Residents in Indiana only. The rest of this is filler to make it look like I typed alot: It reminds me of the time I wrote an essay for my ethics class about the role of feminism in society and it was a really lame paper. The paper was actually mostly made up since I didn't do any of the readings. I really did slack off on it, but that was because it was summer school and it was only a gen-ed credit, I didn't really care about it. It was also a distanced learning course so it's not like I was submitting it to a real person. I ended up getting an 88% on it because the teacher didn't like my arguments (which were made up). I figure most people won't even read this whole thing so I should start making a bunch of mean comments about everyone on the board.... well maybe that's not the best idea. Anyways I don't know why I did this userbar thing at the bottom for my signature, sure I use all those things, but I think it looks like I am just trying to conform. Boy do I laugh about those people who are "non-conformist" and they refuse to conform. But then they all shop at Hot topic and usually end up wearing the same clothes as eachother. I think non-conformists should make their own clothes out of marshmallows and dreams. Marshmallows because they taste good. Dreams because they're magical and can hold the marshmallows together. I once read a book about dreams, but I fell asleep during it and I don't want to repeat the situation. The things I saw in my sleep are things no man should ever see. I wonder if this is enough to look like alot of fine print. GEEZE I only have two lines of this so far, I feel like I've been typing forever. Anyways I think I should take this time to state my ode to ramen. Oh ramen so noodly and sweet, in my microwave every morning do you greet, the fuming aroma of a sodiumy death, makes me fall to my knees to catch my breath, your color so golden and resilliently true, I will be the only one to consume you, I will eat you in the morning or late in the night, and you will always be there for me and never put up a fight, Thank you thank you ramen god, for filling me up happy as peas in a pod, you truly have been such a great friend, and you have stuck through with me to the very end. I thought that was a pretty good ode considering I just made it up. OK I cheated I was going to do this all at size 1 font but I could not take it anymore so I changed it to 4... I apologize to any who actually read this much... if you did read to this point you really need a life.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:27 pm

I need a life. :(

This should come as news to none of you... :D

Anyway, I would love to have the excuse of playing this to pick up girls, but I'm afraid I might be straight. Where are all the reports of playing DDR to pick up guys, darnit? Aren't we equal opportunity desperates around here?

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:25 pm

Arka wrote:I need a life. :(

This should come as news to none of you... :D

Anyway, I would love to have the excuse of playing this to pick up girls, but I'm afraid I might be straight. Where are all the reports of playing DDR to pick up guys, darnit? Aren't we equal opportunity desperates around here?
Because fanboys/stalkers are a bad thing. It's different being a girl, for some reason. ;_;

*had quite a few in California*

*runs*

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:03 am

Point taken. Fanboys can be entertaining in the right circumstances; however, there's always that undercurrent of probable obsession and harm. :?

I don't really know that DDR is any more likely to incur the notice of the psychotic type of male than other activities. I actually think I've acquired fewer stalkers through DDR than through many of my other hobbies, though this might be due to my buckets-o-sweat playing tendencies. (Yeah, "ew, gross," I know.) Or it might be due to the age gap between me and the average DDR player nowadays; or maybe DDR players have better taste in women. :P

Anyway, I'm sorry for bringing up unpleasant memories. I didn't mean the remark seriously; I just thought the counterpoint to the male perspective was amusing. I'm going to crawl away from this thread and hide now. :wink:

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:33 am

Arka wrote:Point taken. Fanboys can be entertaining in the right circumstances; however, there's always that undercurrent of probable obsession and harm. :?

I don't really know that DDR is any more likely to incur the notice of the psychotic type of male than other activities. I actually think I've acquired fewer stalkers through DDR than through many of my other hobbies, though this might be due to my buckets-o-sweat playing tendencies. (Yeah, "ew, gross," I know.) Or it might be due to the age gap between me and the average DDR player nowadays; or maybe DDR players have better taste in women. :P

Anyway, I'm sorry for bringing up unpleasant memories. I didn't mean the remark seriously; I just thought the counterpoint to the male perspective was amusing. I'm going to crawl away from this thread and hide now. :wink:
Haha it's ok, they're much more funny memories than unpleasant, now. It's a "look back and laugh" thing. =P

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:57 am

*Girls meaning, jailbait, women under the age of 15, and trailer trash. Good looking girls not guaranteed, absense of teeth may apply. Residents in Indiana only. The rest of this is filler to make it look like I typed alot: It reminds me of the time I wrote an essay for my ethics class about the role of feminism in society and it was a really lame paper. The paper was actually mostly made up since I didn't do any of the readings. I really did slack off on it, but that was because it was summer school and it was only a gen-ed credit, I didn't really care about it. It was also a distanced learning course so it's not like I was submitting it to a real person. I ended up getting an 88% on it because the teacher didn't like my arguments (which were made up). I figure most people won't even read this whole thing so I should start making a bunch of mean comments about everyone on the board.... well maybe that's not the best idea. Anyways I don't know why I did this userbar thing at the bottom for my signature, sure I use all those things, but I think it looks like I am just trying to conform. Boy do I laugh about those people who are "non-conformist" and they refuse to conform. But then they all shop at Hot topic and usually end up wearing the same clothes as eachother. I think non-conformists should make their own clothes out of marshmallows and dreams. Marshmallows because they taste good. Dreams because they're magical and can hold the marshmallows together. I once read a book about dreams, but I fell asleep during it and I don't want to repeat the situation. The things I saw in my sleep are things no man should ever see. I wonder if this is enough to look like alot of fine print. GEEZE I only have two lines of this so far, I feel like I've been typing forever. Anyways I think I should take this time to state my ode to ramen. Oh ramen so noodly and sweet, in my microwave every morning do you greet, the fuming aroma of a sodiumy death, makes me fall to my knees to catch my breath, your color so golden and resilliently true, I will be the only one to consume you, I will eat you in the morning or late in the night, and you will always be there for me and never put up a fight, Thank you thank you ramen god, for filling me up happy as peas in a pod, you truly have been such a great friend, and you have stuck through with me to the very end. I thought that was a pretty good ode considering I just made it up. OK I cheated I was going to do this all at size 1 font but I could not take it anymore so I changed it to 4... I apologize to any who actually read this much... if you did read to this point you really need a life.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:56 am

Potter wrote:*Girls meaning, jailbait, women under the age of 15, and trailer trash. Good looking girls not guaranteed, absense of teeth may apply. Residents in Indiana only. The rest of this is filler to make it look like I typed alot: It reminds me of the time I wrote an essay for my ethics class about the role of feminism in society and it was a really lame paper. The paper was actually mostly made up since I didn't do any of the readings. I really did slack off on it, but that was because it was summer school and it was only a gen-ed credit, I didn't really care about it. It was also a distanced learning course so it's not like I was submitting it to a real person. I ended up getting an 88% on it because the teacher didn't like my arguments (which were made up). I figure most people won't even read this whole thing so I should start making a bunch of mean comments about everyone on the board.... well maybe that's not the best idea. Anyways I don't know why I did this userbar thing at the bottom for my signature, sure I use all those things, but I think it looks like I am just trying to conform. Boy do I laugh about those people who are "non-conformist" and they refuse to conform. But then they all shop at Hot topic and usually end up wearing the same clothes as eachother. I think non-conformists should make their own clothes out of marshmallows and dreams. Marshmallows because they taste good. Dreams because they're magical and can hold the marshmallows together. I once read a book about dreams, but I fell asleep during it and I don't want to repeat the situation. The things I saw in my sleep are things no man should ever see. I wonder if this is enough to look like alot of fine print. GEEZE I only have two lines of this so far, I feel like I've been typing forever. Anyways I think I should take this time to state my ode to ramen. Oh ramen so noodly and sweet, in my microwave every morning do you greet, the fuming aroma of a sodiumy death, makes me fall to my knees to catch my breath, your color so golden and resilliently true, I will be the only one to consume you, I will eat you in the morning or late in the night, and you will always be there for me and never put up a fight, Thank you thank you ramen god, for filling me up happy as peas in a pod, you truly have been such a great friend, and you have stuck through with me to the very end. I thought that was a pretty good ode considering I just made it up. OK I cheated I was going to do this all at size 1 font but I could not take it anymore so I changed it to 4... I apologize to any who actually read this much... if you did read to this point you really need a life.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:41 am

CaseyDidder wrote:i play because it makes ppl like discobobby jealous and defensive. I like to have stalkers :) it gives my godly skill a meaning. 10 names banned and counting :D

apparently though discobobby is stalking many people of which are better than him, I guess we all have to get our motivation from somewhere.
I figured I'd reittirate why i play that game mysteriously called DDR, although some names were edited to protect the no longer guilty and switch to the more recently accused.

I knew that 1 day, my skills could effect other people's emotions. I'm glad this dream came true.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:44 am

Casey, the new and improved JSB. So funny.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:47 pm

New? :wink: