Spring Madness 2005 (national tourney) KS KC

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

NXOR
Beginner
Beginner

Spring Madness 2005 (national tourney) KS KC

Post by NXOR » Fri May 13, 2005 3:12 pm

Spring Madness 2005
Sunday, June 12th
Powerplay Family Entertainment Center
13110 West 62nd Terrace
Shawnee KS, 66216
(913) 268-7200
http://www.ddrkc.com/tournament/sm05.php

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/ ... 5flyer.jpg - Our official flyer, created by: neodagagrrl

To all of you nay-sayers...I say..."...sorry I took so long". :P

John and I had a meeting with Dennis and Chaz of the Powerplay management, and we have confirmed that they would like us to do SM05 at Powerplay. There's our location.

DATE
June 12th

ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the full scale dealio guys, and we pulled some serious strings and made big promises in order to get this done, SO, we need you ALL to spread MASS controversy about this thing..we're going to be doing the same. I'll take care of listing this tournament on any national forums... all of you who volunteered your help in creating or distributing flyers.. now's the time to go for it. I am NOT good at graphic design...I run these things, I advertise them, but I can't pretty them up...

One of you who wishes to have your work noticed, make me a flyer, submit it to me however you can: lastaxiom@yahoo.com and whomever comes up with the most attractive design (the flyer just needs to have: Spring Madness '05, presented by Powerplay) will have their flyer as the one we distribute. I will also allow that person to advertise their name on the flyer (in some small corner of it) to let people know that was your work (flyer designed by: etc) I need this soon, so, whomever wants to, good luck.. If not, I'll throw something adequate together.

ENTRY

Will most likely be $5.00 at the door (more on this in a minute) and $10-15.00 per division (Powerplay will be requiring a % of our net income from this, in order for us to be allotted free play for the day, if the cut is not generous enough, we will not get free play, hence the extra cost)

HOW IT'S GOING TO GO DOWN

Here's a real NICE thing that we've got going for us..

Powerplay's management was gracious enough to allow us to use their banquet hall/conference room for this... if any of you have seen this room, you know what I mean, if you haven't, imagine a room like a half sized gymnasium... plenty of room. The best part.. we will be projecting the main event (DDR or ITG) on the far wall for ALL spectators to see.

We already have clearence for Bacon to bring video recording equipment, and have even received suggestions of ways to transmit the videos onto the T.V.'s broadcasting in the main area of the Fun Center.

The Buffet will be opened for use throughout the day, and we will try to get discounts for tournament partcipants (al'a the nametag gets you the discount, you don't get the tag without paying etc)

Management has also told us we will be given prizes to distribute, as their contribution to the tournament. Such things as pre-paid gaming cards (with like $20 on it) and other various items that the arcade gives away through redemption. A nice contribution, I'd say.

DIVISIONS:

Beginners will be allowed to play on home versions inside the conference hall. We will have home versions present, with whomever bringing them being offered a small 'wear-and-tear' fee.. so that's your incentive to bring equipment.

There will be tournaments for beginners on Cobalt Flux pads and import home versions.

Intermediate

Will be played on DDR for certain, and ITG will be a possibility. We will NOT be combining tournaments. You may enter both ITG and DDR, but they will be seperate competitions.

Expert

Will be played on Both DDR and ITG.

All tournaments will be double elimination.

All tournaments will have a qualifier (DDR will have one, and ITG will have one) (except the beginners division, which will be random seeding)

RULES

DDR

DDR will be a modifier tournament. Each player will select a song, and their opponent will select modifiers. Modifiers will have limitations that will be delegated as 'suicide' combinations. Those will be updated in here, and may be subject to change at the discretion of the staff.

ITG

ITG will be a Percentage tournament. Each player will select a song, and their opponent may not force mod choices (unless demand is high and rules are changed) Whomever has the highest percentage after their selected song will win a point.

MATCH POINTS

Dance points will be Perfects x 2 + G + OK's, Dance Points will decide who wins the song. Each song victory will delegate 1 point toward your score. The first player to obtain 2 points will win the match.

QUARTER-SEMI finals

The first player to obtain 3 points will win the match

FINAL MATCH

The first player to obtain 5 points will win the match

This system will apply to both DDR and ITG.

All divisions are double elimination.

PRIZES

I am still waiting to hear back from Cobalt Flux, and it's been a while, so I wouldn't count on them being on board a 3rd time. What a shame..

The entry pot/fee will most likely be increased this year to accomodate the lack of sponsered/donated prizes. The pot will be generous as it has been in the past.

The Staff of Spring Madness would like to extend our thanks to the management of Powerplay for accomodating our desire to run this tournament, our inside man, Mr. Novasonic, and all of our faithful patrons who have been infinately patient with us, and have kept us on the ball. We'll hope to make it as big, or bigger, than past tournaments have been.

So there it is kids, finally, SM05 is confirmed, and on it's way. Spread the word.

Also!!!

Well last night around 1:30am I called the office of RoXoR Games and left a rather lengthy voice mail regarding SM05. All I did was call, no e-mail or anything. I explained to them how we would like more than the 100-150 people that are probably going to show up and get like 250-400. I asked if they could possibly send out comebody who helped create ITG or send out some of the artist (IE: Smiley, Inpsector K, Crispy, Etc...) and do some signings and give out a couple free copies of ITG for PS2 as prizes. I woke up this morning and checked my e-mail and had this.

sploitzorz@hotmail.com wrote:
Sent : Friday, May 13, 2005 3:59 PM
To : sploitzorz@hotmail.com
Subject :ITG tournament

Hi Nick,

It's great to hear that you guys are planning such a huge event! We would
love to get in on it, and I am working on finding out just what the
possibilities are for potential sponsorship. I just need a few details
from you concerning the event. The location (I'm sure you left that in
your message, but if you wouldn't mind giving it to me again, that'd be
great), and the date that you plan on having it, and anything else that
you think is pertinent. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Michelle Born
RoXoR Games, Inc.
Austin, TX
877-904-9634
Also in the works right now with RedOctane

NXOR
Beginner
Beginner

Post by NXOR » Mon May 16, 2005 6:41 pm

Well excellent news!

Today while playing SMO i got a random IM from somebody on AIM.

She said, "Hi, my name is kristy i work for roxor."

I called John told him and we sat in a chat for about 30 minutes talking.

Here is the deal. She hasnt made promises yet, but if all goes through SM05 will have TONS of RoXoR/ITG merchandise such ad USB keychains, T-Shirts, Xuxa Ducks, and probably ITG megamix's. She also told us that Chris Foy would be able to make an appearence. RedOctane would be able to give us a copy of ITG for PS2. This is really turning out to be HUGE!

More good news is that I received and E-Mail back from RedOctane saying they would sponsor us if I posted ths tourney on 5 websites... ive done 8... so hopefully that will happen and RedOctane will sponsor us.

Things are turning up, we just need as many people to come as posisble so pread the word and make SM05 better and biggest!

AxioM
Beginner
Beginner

Post by AxioM » Wed May 18, 2005 12:32 pm

It's official, RoXoR and Red Octane are now on board, and the tournament just keeps looking better and better.

It's also (don't quote me on this) a possibility that an ITG2 dedicated cabinet will be there. The management at Powerplay are looking to get one of those as soon as possible, and if it IS possible to have one bought and shipped by the day of the tournament (the 12th of June) it'll be done.
-Johnny Ice

NXOR
Beginner
Beginner

Post by NXOR » Wed May 25, 2005 2:26 pm

I just recieved full 100% confrimation Chris Foy will be coming to SM05... but thats not all, thats not all, now the babies drinking alcohol... oops i mean Keel will be coming as well.