Need help for peer from school :D

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Need help for peer from school :D

Post by seveneleven » Sun May 08, 2005 11:33 pm

Theres a girl at my school named Abbie Zimmerman you might or might not know her sadly enough i dont, yet i was inspired by the INDYDDR DDR-A-THON that i would like to organize a Tourny/fundraiser in her honor for she just last week was diagnosed with leukiemia and i would love to help her out in a way i know i could emjoy helping i would greatly appretiate any help with organizing this get together for the fight against not just one cancer but cancer as a WHOLE now i would like to have this established at TnT in Fort Waynefor location reasons(and less gas money)
theres will possibly be news coverage and it would be great for anyone willing to participate for more details please contact me via PM

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sun May 08, 2005 11:36 pm

Uhh, have you even discussed this with the people of TnT?

It would be greeeeeat if you provided more details. Is this just a random idea, or have the wheels already started turning? Does this Abbie even know about this idea?

Also, no offense, but please start using the period (.) key ony your keyboard. It makes everything a lot more readable.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sun May 08, 2005 11:40 pm

sorry about that. But yes i just got the idea at school last week i planed on talking to the people at TnT this weekend. And Abbie was actually going to be suprised with the donations that could me made. because when you really think about it even with insurance trying to pay med bills can just stick your economic status in the bucket

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Mon May 09, 2005 7:35 am

ok, while this is a good idea and all, I don't think you know just how much planning goes into something like this.

Are you going to have a tournment? Is yes, then what kind will it be? How much will it cost? Prizes? What are you going to do about prizes? You can't say cash, because thats going to this Abbie, so you need sponsers. Who are you going to get as sponsers that even people from out of town can enjoy?

And what about the people who aren't that good at the didder, and just came to hang out and donate some cash? What are they going to do? Since TnT has a rather lackluster arcade, you definatly need something to keep them occupied. Most of the time, people just bring some TVs and playstations/x-boxes, and play with that stuff in a party room, but TnT has no party room! And don't say "use TnT's party area!". That pretty much won't work.

Thats another thing, space. TnT is really small. It's would work OK if only 6 or 7 people showed up. But when more people than that show up, it's gonna get crowded. Face it, TnT is a bad place for something like this.

If I were you, I would have this thing at Lazer-X. There is much more space, and they have party rooms! Lazer-X is pretty much the only place in Fort Wayne that a tournment could be held, seeing as both their pads work properly, they have a lot of space for, you know, roaming and stuff, and they have party rooms for eating, and Halo, and whatever else goes on back there.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Need help for peer from school :D

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon May 09, 2005 4:54 pm

seveneleven wrote:(and less gas money)
for you
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Tue May 10, 2005 8:09 am

i contacted Abbie and she said she was greatly appretiative that someone would do this she asked me not to so srry guys