GOM2 In Dayton Ohio

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Java
Beginner
Beginner

GOM2 In Dayton Ohio

Post by Java » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:02 pm

GOM2 at 180-Skatepark (GOM arcade) in Huber Heights, Ohio, will be held on Saturday May 21st, 2005

Free play will start at 9 with the tournament starting at 12. We do have 2 DDR machines working both will be 8th mixes for the tournament.

Entry Fee: $12 (machines will be on free play all day, including other bemani)

Reminder: A free entry to anyone who sends in the chosen graphic for the t-shirt. Graphic could have themes like Drummania, Guitar Freaks, Beatmania, and of course DDR although required to say GOM2. Please submit graphic ASAP.

GOM2 shirts may be made, we are unsure of it though.

Here are the rules:

Divisions:
There will be three divisions: Standard, LH and UH (Standard remains to be seen, as well as LH UH)

Note:
Sandbagging will be closely watched and will result in disqualification no refund.
AKA. Kiyo

Seeding:
RANDOM seeding this time. First round only brackets will be followed from there.

Prizes:
Prize breakdown will be determined on attendance. We will have pre determined prize % before the tourney. Standard will have a 1st place award. LH 2 places UH 3 places.

Song Selection:
Card system for LH, UH 3 song sets.
Card system= We have a deck with all songs/stepcharts in the game (heavy, ONI) we pull 5 cards from deck at random. You and your opponent eliminate 1 song each. Leaving 3 cards (songs) those songs will be played. When song appear often they are eliminated form the deck and the deck becomes more difficult as the tourney goes on.
Standard will be song selection 2 song set.

Pad Selection:
Players may work that out. If one side gives pad misses players may switch sides and play the next song.

M.O.D.’s:
Individual Speed Mods. No Freeze, Little or Step Turns will not be allowed. If you want to play on Reverse or Flat, (or even Stealth) or other mods, that's you're choice. SOLO may be used, but both players’ must agree to it.
Bar:
Of course you can use it.

Scoring System:
Collected DP System:
Perfect = 2
Great = 1
Good = 0
Boo = -2
Miss = -5
OK = 3

This will be 100% better than GOM1 we promise.

Feel free to drop a registration on this thread:

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:36 am

to bad GOM1 was horrible and nobody will be going to GOM2

also, being an Ohio tournament you think that you would know better than to count off for a miss.

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:10 pm

CaseyDidder wrote:to bad GOM1 was horrible and nobody will be going to GOM2

also, being an Ohio tournament you think that you would know better than to count off for a miss.
What was wrong with the first GOM?

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:24 pm

LiLTT wrote:
CaseyDidder wrote:to bad GOM1 was horrible and nobody will be going to GOM2

What was wrong with the first GOM?
OMG EVERYTHING. All i heard were horror stories after horror stories about how the pad sucked, the event runners were retarded, sllllooooow runnings... basically anything that could go wrong at a tourney did.

Java
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Java » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:17 pm

Casey...I know GOM1 was awful. Laika didn' do shit to help me run it. This one will be totally worked out. I have ran some mock tournies in my excel brackets they work this time. Basically GOM1 was a awful and we know it we have admitted it over and over again on OhioDDR. I don't know how many times we will have to say it and people to just forget about it. WSU1 sucked EG1 sucked FMT1 sucked. ALL FIRST TOURNAMENTS HAVE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEM. We are gonna be making changes at this one making it good. Just leave it is Casey god damn. And the pads did not suck.

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:39 pm

Well i'm still gona come

Karl
Standard
Standard

Post by Karl » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:08 pm

Fuck, I'm going. I'm going just for the free session play and to hang out with people...the tournament is just a neat little bonus.
The internet is serious buisness, kids.

Java
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Java » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:17 pm

GOM1 was a bit delayed because there was a time problem with qualifying and then the brackets (rather complex ones) I have made in excel didn't work right. I forgot a few equations in some spots the double elimination didn't work properly...Those were the 2 problems. I have made new fancy brackets and actually tested them this time. We will do random seeding for time restraits if you need like hotel info or area help I will be more than happy to help you. If you have any questions just IM me at HotJava9, I am always on.

Java
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Java » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:54 pm

There is now going to be a freestlye division. We are bringing it back.

Java
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Java » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:51 am

There are so far about 60 entries
about 20 UH, 25 LH, 18 Standard All rough numbers (LH is higher I believe). Can we figure in any attendance from Indiana?

Karl
Standard
Standard

Post by Karl » Wed May 11, 2005 10:34 pm

Your going to have a few people from Evansville, IN and Henderson, KY coming.
The internet is serious buisness, kids.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Thu May 12, 2005 5:33 pm

pat talked me into going... bastard

lol i don't see why your saying that, I still proved I'm better than you and I don't even have to play.
Last edited by CaseyDidder on Thu May 12, 2005 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Thu May 12, 2005 6:40 pm

CaseyDidder wrote:pat talked me into going... bastard
get good so we can have another match :P
CaseyDidder wrote:lol i don't see why your saying that, I still proved I'm better than you and I don't even have to play
when did you prove that :lol:, when i AAAed Gamelan, or when i LET you win PS :lol:

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed May 18, 2005 5:31 pm

LiLTT wrote:
CaseyDidder wrote:lol i don't see why your saying that, I still proved I'm better than you and I don't even have to play
when did you prove that :lol:, when i AAAed Gamelan, or when i LET you win PS :lol:
LoL I saw you sucking so I stopped trying too, nice try though negro ;) whats worse is you honestly think your better than me :roll:

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Wed May 18, 2005 5:50 pm

CaseyDidder wrote:
LiLTT wrote:
LoL I saw you sucking so I stopped trying too, nice try though negro ;) whats worse is you honestly think your better than me :roll:
:lol: whats even worse is that you think you're good.