IndyDDR VS IIDX Single Play

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

IndyDDR VS IIDX Single Play

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:11 am

To best accompany the Double Play I figure we can go for a single play counterpart as well even though Merk will probably kick everything's ass now.

If it would be okay let's start by going through class mode for week one.

Class Mode Rankings:
Merk: 9th Dan
Amp: 8th Dan

Song 1: Non-Fiction Story Another:
Merk: 1879 EX
Amp: 1759 EX

Song 2: Survival Games Another:
Merk: 1838 EX
Amp: 1862 EX

Song 3: Halfway of Promise Another:
Amp: 1490 EX
Last edited by Amp Divorax on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: IndyDDR VS IIDX Single Play

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:30 am

Sure, I'm down! I'm pretty bad at AC timing compared to CS so I'm usually about a full letter grade worse on AC lol.

So how does this work for the first week, just see how high we can get in Dan mode? Is this strictly CS or are we doing Penduel?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:35 pm

With IIDX Infinitas getting Class Mode this week I will recommend using it or Empress + Premium Best if you are having such a high variance, but you can use whatever you have access to.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Prolly gonna just use Omnimix Penduel since I don't have a CS setup at my place hope that's cool ayyyyyyyy

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:37 pm

Well, I beat 8th Dan, but 9th Dan has apparently changed and the final song got the better of me as a result.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:55 pm

I'll see if I can still do Pendual 9th Dan tonight, IIRC the hard songs are Bounce Bounce Bounce and The Sampling Paradise which aren't too bad

HAY RAYDEES

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Merk wrote:I'll see if I can still do Pendual 9th Dan tonight, IIRC the hard songs are Bounce Bounce Bounce and The Sampling Paradise which aren't too bad

HAY RAYDEES
Yea. Rumrum triplets is just a more note dense rehash of murmur twins that lacks the charm, and The Sampling Paradise got the better of me as I never played it before. (I went inactive at the end of 2009.)

After trying again I can confirm that Bounce Bounce Bounce is not on 9th Dan for this release. The other two songs are Holic (not surprised) and Just a Little Smile.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:36 am

Cleared Copula's 9th Dan over Thanksgiving break on my first try, didn't try 10th Dan because if I haven't cleared 10th Dan before then I'm certainly not clearing that shit now ayyyyyy. I think 9th Dan went as such:

Acid Pumper - New song from Copula and what a great introduction to hell charge notes! If you didn't hate charge notes already then boy are you in for a treat!
Chrono Driver Pendulums - A great song that will help you learn how to mash out scales
Cookie Bouquets - Thank God this song is in the course to get your gauge back up to 100%
The Sampling Paradise - Same final song as Pendual's 9th Dan course. The non-random chart is pretty rough towards the end but should be easily doable if you built up enough gauge from the previous song.

Soooooo do we play a song for the week now?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:45 am

Merk wrote:Cleared Copula's 9th Dan over Thanksgiving break on my first try, didn't try 10th Dan because if I haven't cleared 10th Dan before then I'm certainly not clearing that shit now ayyyyyy. I think 9th Dan went as such:

Acid Pumper - New song from Copula and what a great introduction to hell charge notes! If you didn't hate charge notes already then boy are you in for a treat!
Chrono Driver Pendulums - A great song that will help you learn how to mash out scales
Cookie Bouquets - Thank God this song is in the course to get your gauge back up to 100%
The Sampling Paradise - Same final song as Pendual's 9th Dan course. The non-random chart is pretty rough towards the end but should be easily doable if you built up enough gauge from the previous song.

Soooooo do we play a song for the week now?
Yea, I played 9th Dan and Chrono Driver Pendulums got me cause Acid Pumper had me down to less than 20% health and I never played it before. (Will be practicing it though as I like the chart and the song both.) Definitely up for a good song, no clue what to pick though as the new releases have over 1000 songs apparently.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Welp uhhhh I'm on Copula Omnimix, if you're playing Infinitas then I have no idea what is and is not on that mix. If you'd like for me to pick then let's go with....... uhhhhhh NoN-Fiction Story! I think that should be on Infinitas.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Merk wrote:Welp uhhhh I'm on Copula Omnimix, if you're playing Infinitas then I have no idea what is and is not on that mix. If you'd like for me to pick then let's go with....... uhhhhhh NoN-Fiction Story! I think that should be on Infinitas.
Indeed it is. I don't have everything unlocked on it yet (The unlock system is takes FOREVER sadly) so to keep things in line we can both play on Copula.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:59 am

Played the Another notechart for the song of the week on Infinitas and got a AA hard clear. (I already AAA'd the hyper) I don't remember the score offhand though so I'll redo it when I get the chance.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Played a little bit yesterday and got a 1879 on Non-Fiction story which is a AAA-98 -- not great but not too horrible I suppose!

I'm going to assume that any mods that allow for an official score is kosher, right? Like, no one is going to be mad if we use random? I'd say anything that allows for an official score is kosher unless the song picker specifies that the non-random or mirror chart is what we're doing for the week so songs like Kakumei aren't a contest of who can get the best random.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Merk wrote:Played a little bit yesterday and got a 1879 on Non-Fiction story which is a AAA-98 -- not great but not too horrible I suppose!

I'm going to assume that any mods that allow for an official score is kosher, right? Like, no one is going to be mad if we use random? I'd say anything that allows for an official score is kosher unless the song picker specifies that the non-random or mirror chart is what we're doing for the week so songs like Kakumei aren't a contest of who can get the best random.
Yea, I say whatever is considered official by the game counts given how hard some of the charts can be.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:01 am

1759 EX Hard Clear on the another. Haven't had as much time to play it as I've been sick recently.
Memorable 2016 quotes: