Emerald City Comicon

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

LikeableRodent

Emerald City Comicon

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:00 am

You jerks should drag yourselves out of Indiana and come to Emerald City Comicon in April. You can stay at my place in Seattle.

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Emerald City Comicon

Post by Merk » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:11 am

Holy shit when did you move to Seattle?

Last I remember you were living out in Arizona or something after you moved out of Japan and biked across Asia or whatever.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:31 pm

Once we finished that trip we got jobs in Seattle and moved out here. We've been here for about two and a half years now. I get around.

And I'm seriously about offering up a bedroom for ECCC. My wife has gotten into cosplay, so we've started going to ECCC. I thought it would be nice to use it as an excuse to hang out with some of the old crew.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:37 am

I would like to go to Seattle...

Not necessarily for this, but I'd like to visit. This makes one more person I know in that area. Seems like the universe is telling me something.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Well, if you ever get out here let me know so we can meet up.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:10 pm

I live out in Seattle as well :P Ya'll should definitely come out here some time.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Oh hey man, what's up?

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Oh snap, how did I end up here? Must have fallen on my old laptop. (In all seriousness though, that IndyDDR bookmark has sat on my bookmarks bar for as long as I can remember.)

I've been pretty swell. I spent two years working on a mod for Smash Bros Brawl called Project M, creating new environments for it and such. I've been playing heaps of Project M lately competitively. It's been fun to be a part of another huge community of solid people. Every once in a while I look back and miss you dudes and DDR though. I went through some of my old posts from 2005 and they weren't as super ultra cringe worthy as I expected. Still pretty bad though.

I found an ignition DDR pad at good will for the PS1/2 with a USB connector for $9. Tried playing Stepmania after not doing much at all forever... and wow it's hard to get back into it when you're out of shape. :P It's also crazy to come back to these boards and see that they're still somewhat active after all these years. I mean... hell these boards have been up since the end of 2004. That's just insane.... and that's also ignoring however long the boards that we used to have before that were up.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Yahoo Group is still there:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Ind ... s/messages

That takes you all the way back to the beginning in late 2000.

The only stuff that's not online is the period of the original forums from about September 2002 until they got shut off for The Great Reset around Thanksgiving 2004, I think.

I'm pretty sure I have that stuff in a backup somewhere. Maybe it will resurface...one day.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:08 am

letshavetea wrote:Oh snap, how did I end up here? Must have fallen on my old laptop. (In all seriousness though, that IndyDDR bookmark has sat on my bookmarks bar for as long as I can remember.)

I've been pretty swell. I spent two years working on a mod for Smash Bros Brawl called Project M, creating new environments for it and such. I've been playing heaps of Project M lately competitively. It's been fun to be a part of another huge community of solid people. Every once in a while I look back and miss you dudes and DDR though. I went through some of my old posts from 2005 and they weren't as super ultra cringe worthy as I expected. Still pretty bad though.

I found an ignition DDR pad at good will for the PS1/2 with a USB connector for $9. Tried playing Stepmania after not doing much at all forever... and wow it's hard to get back into it when you're out of shape. :P It's also crazy to come back to these boards and see that they're still somewhat active after all these years. I mean... hell these boards have been up since the end of 2004. That's just insane.... and that's also ignoring however long the boards that we used to have before that were up.
Heya. Project M is pretty fun. My old high school friends still prefer it to Smash 4 or Melee.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:38 am

Oh hey there letshavetea. Someone else who only comes by and posts here every few years. Come to think of it, I'm not sure we've ever met in person.

I've been completely out of the gaming community since I left the country back in '07. I played DDR a bit while I lived in Japan but stopped after a year or two. There was only so long I could be the weird white guy over a decade everyone's senior playing double by himself before I finally threw in the towel and moved on to non-gaming hobbies.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:36 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Heya. Project M is pretty fun. My old high school friends still prefer it to Smash 4 or Melee.
I'm pretty proud of it. I was responsible for the Bowser's Castle, Peach's Castle, Metal Cavern, and Wario Land stages in the game along with some other smaller things. The scene for it out here in Seattle is exploding still, and so it's been fun to be in the center of all that. There are 5-6 tournaments every week in the Seattle area for Project M, which is really cool to me.
LikeableRodent wrote:Oh hey there letshavetea. Someone else who only comes by and posts here every few years. Come to think of it, I'm not sure we've ever met in person.

I've been completely out of the gaming community since I left the country back in '07. I played DDR a bit while I lived in Japan but stopped after a year or two. There was only so long I could be the weird white guy over a decade everyone's senior playing double by himself before I finally threw in the towel and moved on to non-gaming hobbies.
I'm fairly certain we've never met in person. I've only ever made it out to the Ho House twice. I was always the weird kid from Wisconsin posting on an Indiana board for some reason, so I've only ever met a small handful of you guys. Also, I can't imagine moving on to non gaming hobbies. That's so foreign of an idea to me that it just seems impossible. My girlfriend might enjoy it though :P.