Amp I'm calling you out

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Amp I'm calling you out

Post by DAVE101 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:29 pm

My life story is pretty much - I was good at pullups, I got lazy and fat, and now I'm not so good at pull ups (I can barely do 10 now). So without further ado...

Pull up contest, GO

HOW THIS WORKS:

Each week someone will pick a format - max pull ups, max chin ups, highest pyramid, most sets, wide grip, etc. Then each participant will attempt to do as many as they can in that category.

Since I am leaving tomorrow for airborne, the first one will not start until July 11th. That gives us almost 4 weeks to prepare.

The prize will be bragging rights for their respective branch.

Kipping and/or using your legs is not authorized. The use of performance enhancing drugs are also off limits. Shirts must be worn for all video evidence; I don't want to give Riot any ideas (don't ask don't tell).

ANYONE CAN COMPETE - NON SERVICE MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED A x4 MULTIPLIER HANDICAP (does not apply to prior service).

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Amp I'm calling you out

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:36 pm

This is not going to end well but I'm down for any side bet action assuming this actually happens.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Ummm, there has to be a more measurable way to keep things fair, as one person's pullup may be different/easier than someone else's if they don't go down all the way or something. I don't think Amp will take video of himself. I don't even know what Dave looks like, though I'm guessing it's pretty weaselly.

Ummm, your first challenge:

Ummm, pull up challenge! The person who can do the most pull-ups in one minute will be the winner. However, I feel like I will be able to win with my impressive one pull up as Amp will not participate and Dave will forget about this message board once he forgets to pull his parachute cord and has to live the rest of his life playing Stepmania, remembering the "good old days" of being able to use his legs in ITG.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Image That was pretty harsh

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:04 pm

I trust amp's integrity with pull up form. However I know no one trusts my weaselly self so I will record video, and amp can decide how many of them count.

I like this one minute challenge... Are you allowed to let go and rest during this minute?

I'll give this a go on July 11th, the submission deadline. C'mon Amp!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:11 pm

DAVE101 wrote:I trust amp's integrity with pull up form. However I know no one trusts my weaselly self so I will record video, and amp can decide how many of them count.

I like this one minute challenge... Are you allowed to let go and rest during this minute?

I'll give this a go on July 11th, the submission deadline. C'mon Amp!
You can let go and rest, as all it's going to do is lower your count during the minute. You just can't do one of those running/jumping starts to make it up past the bar. That would be an integrity violation.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Ummm, Chad stop playing ITG

Internet Tough Guy

(rotflol)

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 am

So I've been called out eh? Should I be scared? Should I worry that "OMFG TEH ITG PLAYER" wants to pwn me? Should I even give a shit? Well, I think before I give a response I should openly state a few things.

First, the majority of active users on this forum (myself included) don't really take your posts seriously anymore. I take a look at your post history and most of them come off as desperate attempts to boost your ego. When you have been mentioned in conversation, it's usually never anything positive. Hell, the best testament to this was that when I asked if I should even respond to this, most said you weren't worth it.

Second, the way you've acted in has made you look like a little bitch. (Unfortunately, there is no sugarcoating this.) Now, why do I say this? Well, the actions that have been seen by members of this community have made you look like one. One good example was when deleted people's scores from the Anderson Putt Putt ITG machine when you hacked it. Speaking from legitimate experience, you could become one of the best players in the world in ITG, but if your conducts sucks it won't matter cause nobody will want you around.

Which brings me to this little challenge, which I find a rather odd one for a few reasons. I have not actively worked with the Marine Corps since October 2009 and that my contract expired very recently, thus I represent nobody. Furthermore, it's no secret that I have had several outstanding health issues in the past year. Since this has been somewhat common knowledge this, along with your past posts, give me legitimate reasons to think that this challenge was just another desperate attempt for attention. With that in mind, I feel this challenge is one that isn't worth it, particularly since most people at airborne school won't give a shit about how many pullups you can do.

If you want a challenge, here's a few good ones. Get on the Dean's List at Indiana University using that GI Bill you're getting for college. Go on a holiday with your girlfriend. (If you don't have one, then find an attractive woman and smang it since you are going to airborne school shortly.) For that matter, make some worthwhile posts on IndyDDR so that there may be a chance for somebody here to take you seriously and in the process prove me wrong in what I have stated in this post. If you want to continue making shitty posts though, then all you will be doing is continuing to make yourself look worse in the end.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:36 am

I'll do a pull up contest. Bitches love big lats.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:31 pm

you guys are all so cute
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Remember, tomorrow is the last day to submit a score for the one minute pull up challenge!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:46 pm

I did like 3 at chads house. Fear me.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 am

Nice job. I'm sure you could double that with a little bit of work.

I got a total of 21. I should have timed my rests better, I did 15 (rest) 3 (rest) 3 (rest) then one minute hit right before I did another set :(

Anyone that submits a score can request video

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:09 am

You should join Seal Team VI so you can use my tax dollars to kill brown people!