Merk vs. IndyDDR: Waiting for a Merk-acle

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Merk vs. IndyDDR: Waiting for a Merk-acle

Post by Merk » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:01 am

I still need to catch up from the last few weeks buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut WHAT SONG WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE TO PLAY NEXT?

Something on Extreme, preferably.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:40 pm

I guess it's my turn?

Even though Merk sorta picked it, I'll just go ahead and call Can't Stop Falling In Love -Speed Mix- and make it official.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:02 pm

Ho wrote:I guess it's my turn?

Even though Merk sorta picked it, I'll just go ahead and call Can't Stop Falling In Love -Speed Mix- and make it official.
That is like the only doubles chart I've ever found fun (I've probably only played a dozen or so heavy doubles charts in my whole life though lol)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:00 am

CSFIL -speed mix- Heavy Double is one of my faves!

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:30 am

Well uhhhhh I already have a score for it so yeah let's make it official!

And yes it's a great chart. There are a lot of really good doubles charts out there that are just waiting to be discovered and that's sort of what this whole thread is about IMO.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:10 pm

Assuming I don't hate myself by the time I get home I plan on playing DDR tonight. Did we have a latest and greatest song to play?

How about Silent Hill 3rd Christmas mix? Since you know it's the holidays and all, have we done that one yet?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:06 pm

MonMotha wrote:Since it's just about that season, let's do Silent Hill 3rd Christmas Mix.
Ya might want to pick something else.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:39 am

Ahhhhh, shit.... Let's uhhhhh, let's do Irresistiblement! I have no idea how that doubles chart goes but I do like the singles chart!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:25 pm

I actually played last night, guys!

It hurt so bad.

I got an 836 on CSFIL -speed-. My score in SoS is slightly better, but I'll stick to my score from this play.
Irresistiblement was more of a struggle. Not so much that it was harder, but it was unfamiliar. And in my current poor form, that was a real handicap. I almost failed on attempt. Anyway, I got a 571. So...there's room for improvement for sure. Although it was actually slightly better than the score I had in SoS from 2015. We apparently already did this song. Oh well.

Hopefully I can get back to playing more regularly.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:03 pm

I've been playing semi-regularly, but I currently have 5th Mix installed, so I'm not able to play the newer stuff.

I did get 9 greats on CSFIL:SM before I switched (so still on Extreme with 1.5x). I also got 5 greats on Kick the Can.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:01 am

Ahhhhhh fuck I need to start playing again. I've gotten back into lifting weights but I haven't played DDR in probably about a month. I need the cardio!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 am

I think it's MonMotha's turn to pick...

Please do. I'm feeling the urge to play tonight! (Let's see if that desire holds that long.)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:49 am

Sorry! I haven't checked IndyDDR for a few days. (I know, what am I thinking!?)

Let's see...how about V. As I recall, both the Heavy and Oni charts are pretty good, but let's keep it simple(ish) and just do the Heavy.
A normality test:
+++ATH

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:36 am

Man, V is a good song! It's a good singles chart and it's one of those iconic Beet songs.

I really like the old days of Beet. The sound direction back then was basically just a bunch of random experimental shit and weren't just excuses to make hard charts. Nowadays it seems like Konami wants to make hard ass charts and they have their in-house guys make songs around the chart instead of making good beats and then writing charts around the song. And man, the licenses back then, all that Dancemania/AvexTrax shit, it was so catchy and so gay and I would never expose a regular Joe Six-pack to the stuff but it has a special place in my heart. There's something about Asians making sped-up covers of pop songs that resonates with me.

I blame Mei. I understand why Konami had to push the envelope with the song difficulty to keep the game interesting but I feel like something was lost in the direction the game took.

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, but I lot of appreciation for the older stuff but that probably has to do more with the fact that I was 18 years old when I first heard the stuff lol

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:03 am

Merk wrote:Man, V is a good song! It's a good singles chart and it's one of those iconic Beet songs.

I really like the old days of Beet. The sound direction back then was basically just a bunch of random experimental shit and weren't just excuses to make hard charts. Nowadays it seems like Konami wants to make hard ass charts and they have their in-house guys make songs around the chart instead of making good beats and then writing charts around the song. And man, the licenses back then, all that Dancemania/AvexTrax shit, it was so catchy and so gay and I would never expose a regular Joe Six-pack to the stuff but it has a special place in my heart. There's something about Asians making sped-up covers of pop songs that resonates with me.

I blame Mei. I understand why Konami had to push the envelope with the song difficulty to keep the game interesting but I feel like something was lost in the direction the game took.

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, but I lot of appreciation for the older stuff but that probably has to do more with the fact that I was 18 years old when I first heard the stuff lol
I actually agree that the emphasis on difficulty before range and quality has undermined the series and it actually served as one of the reasons why I stopped playing actively for almost seven years.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!