Westside (Fri. 3/25)

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:48 pm

Sage wrote:i know that most peoole in high school have that day off, dose anyone want to meet at WS on friday?
I don't have Friday off...I have the Friday AFTER that off...and I thought we were swing dancing that night, Sage... :?

Gatekeeper
Standard
Standard

Post by Gatekeeper » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:41 pm

Does Dewaine still work there? I have personally heard him speak very poorly of DDR players.

I didn't realize Blanket worked there now, I guess I had heard that but it didn't really 'click'. I don't mean any offense to her, but I feel the business has represented itself very badly to us in the past and I do not desire to give them business they don't deserve. Sorry.

Also I am aware this isn't strictly on-topic, but since this thread is about who's going to be at Wesside I was at first just giving the reason I wouldn't be. I didn't mean to start this discussion and this will be my last post on that topic here, I encourage any further discussion be in a new thread in the Locations forum.

Gumby
Standard
Standard

Post by Gumby » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:44 pm

Gatekeeper wrote:Does Dewaine still work there? I have personally heard him speak very poorly of DDR players.

I didn't realize Blanket worked there now, I guess I had heard that but it didn't really 'click'. I don't mean any offense to her, but I feel the business has represented itself very badly to us in the past and I do not desire to give them business they don't deserve. Sorry.

Also I am aware this isn't strictly on-topic, but since this thread is about who's going to be at Wesside I was at first just giving the reason I wouldn't be. I didn't mean to start this discussion and this will be my last post on that topic here, I encourage any further discussion be in a new thread in the Locations forum.
Like i said, certain employees have expressed negative feelings toward the ddr crowd in the arcade. Dwaine is not one that I personally have heard that kind of remark from. In my discussions with Dwaine I have found that he has serious problems with CERTAIN individual ddr players but as a whole enjoys the company of the ddr players who are/were regulars at westside who didn't act like douche bags.

Either way, everyone is entitled to go or not go to some place. But i for one feel that in a "get together" thread, there is no reason to report in that you are not going. If you don't post in the thread, i think it can be assumed you aren't going.
I don't fear death; I fear not living.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:27 pm

Dwaine is a great guy, coming from me you know it has to be true. It wasn't him saying those things, but another employee who I won't mention. This employee had a few problems with certain guys on the forum as he was telling me, and wasn't directed towards the DDR group in general.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:56 pm

CaseyDidder wrote:Dwaine is a great guy, coming from me you know it has to be true. It wasn't him saying those things, but another employee who I won't mention. This employee had a few problems with certain guys on the forum as he was telling me, and wasn't directed towards the DDR group in general.
Y'see? Even the gossip whore of Indy knows the management will 'let us in' on Friday. :lol:

Sage
Standard
Standard

Post by Sage » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:11 pm

Yume_Taira wrote:
Sage wrote:i know that most peoole in high school have that day off, dose anyone want to meet at WS on friday?
I don't have Friday off...I have the Friday AFTER that off...and I thought we were swing dancing that night, Sage... :?
sorry :(
we are i just have little to do untill then.
"General?!" Tahngarth roared.

"General nuisance, maybe"

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:17 pm

CaseyDidder wrote:Dwaine is a great guy, coming from me you know it has to be true. It wasn't him saying those things, but another employee who I won't mention. This employee had a few problems with certain guys on the forum as he was telling me, and wasn't directed towards the DDR group in general.
yea, right. even though it was dwaine that kicked me out because he's a crybaby cus apparently i "talked shit on the internet.".

piss poor management. maybe this year WS will finally close down.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:20 pm

I have never felt anything but welcome at Westside and already plan to be there Friday. See ya there, Sam.

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:21 pm

Ho wrote:I have never felt anything but welcome at Westside and already plan to be there Friday. See ya there, Sam.
I guess you don't pay attention hard enough then. Those of us that have actual opinions about the quality of WS's management are the black sheep then, I suppose.

More power to you if you want to go to WS, but I will no longer be contributing my money to ill-ran management and two-faced employees. Now I won't name names but DWAINE, ANDY that's how it goes.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:11 pm

Fujiwara Bunta wrote:
Ho wrote:I have never felt anything but welcome at Westside and already plan to be there Friday. See ya there, Sam.
I guess you don't pay attention hard enough then. Those of us that have actual opinions about the quality of WS's management are the black sheep then, I suppose.
I do pay attention and have an actual opinion. My statement is 100% accurate. I have never felt anything but welcome at Westside. You or others having a different experience has absolutely no bearing on my statement or black sheep/white sheep status. I really couldn't care less if I'm in the minority or the majority. All I know is that a friend has said he'll be there and I intend to meet him there. You stated your opinion of Westside previously and I am aware of it. This changes neither my opinion nor my statement.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:16 pm

I might show up if i have some money left from tuesday. Do they still have drummania?
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:45 pm

I'll go for no reason other than uh.. yah

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:33 pm

Due to a slight change of plans, I personally will be there around 4:00 or 4:30 and will be there for a few hours; later on in the evening is a Halo event that I'm not about to miss. :lol: I certainly hope this doesn't keep me from seeing some friends, though.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:07 pm

I'm curious as to why there is a lot of hate for Westside and why people think Westside hates people who post on indyddr. I've personally have never been there and it's probably none of my business, but I'm just wondering how a business can end up having contempt for a website and those associated with it. This sounds, to me, to be more than just the usual stigma some people have against "DDR fags."

This is all a bit off-topic so if someone wants to PM the background of all this to me or simply post it in this topic for everyone to read then I'd be much obliged.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:36 pm

Merk wrote:I'm curious as to why there is a lot of hate for Westside and why people think Westside hates people who post on indyddr. I've personally have never been there and it's probably none of my business, but I'm just wondering how a business can end up having contempt for a website and those associated with it. This sounds, to me, to be more than just the usual stigma some people have against "DDR fags."

This is all a bit off-topic so if someone wants to PM the background of all this to me or simply post it in this topic for everyone to read then I'd be much obliged.
Please read this thread in detail; it pretty much outlines the whole story. The whole story being, of course, that this 'hate' is simply rumor and is solely based on individual experience.

Please don't let one or two people's negative opinion convince you that it's a bad place; make your own opinions from firsthand experience!