VISIT FROM OHIO Mar 17-19

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

ranatalus
Light
Light

VISIT FROM OHIO Mar 17-19

Post by ranatalus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:03 pm

i'm going to be working at the AAHPERD show march 17-19th demoing some CS version of DDR, not sure which yet.

i dunno who is even around anymore or who'd want to hang out/what places there are worth playing at but any help would be cool

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Re: VISIT FROM OHIO Mar 17-19

Post by DAVE101 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:46 pm

ITG LEET-O-CAB IN NOBLESVILLE!

ranatalus
Light
Light

Post by ranatalus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:29 pm

that sucks

anything else haha

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:44 pm

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:06 pm

XD

We have a Pump Pro machine at Dave & Busters on the north side. Good machine with really loud volume. Gameworks downtown has a DDRX machine, but you might as well just hit yourself in the face with a mallet, it might be more enjoyable.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

ranatalus
Light
Light

Post by ranatalus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:39 pm

where would i be more likely to hang out with people and have a good fucking time

preferably not around that ddr x crap

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:21 pm

probably fort wayne or evansville.

but the dancing games scene in indiana is pretty dead.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I love r23 so much. Playing custom songs has made DDR new and exciting.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Glarthob wrote:probably fort wayne or evansville, If you want to play ITG
Fixed.

There are several of us on the north side that hit up Dave and Busters usually once a week or so, but it's usually pretty spontaneous. I'm sure some people would be willing to hang out, though personally it partially comes down to work scheduling :/

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:20 pm

I think Ben and Ari's in Fishers still has MAX2 if you're up for some old-school action. Otherwise your options are Dave and Buster's for PIU Pro (and hopefully it's no longer set to 1 song per credit) or XScape for PIU NXA and DDR Extreme if you don't mind the somewhat iffy locale and rampant misbehaving kids. It's too bad X-Site no longer has their Exceed 2.

I'm usually one of the people who hits up Dave and Buster's (heck, I often organize it :). I'd certainly be willing to do something a little less spontaneous if it'll help someone meet up.

Does Gameworks still have SN2 and USA? I wonder if GreatTimes still has NX. Cabinet was a little iffy, but it was otherwise not a terrible place.

You could also trek down to Bloomington. Great-X-Scape in the mall has DDR SN and PIU (Exceed 2 or Zero or NX, depending on how they feel that week, or I could possibly arrange for NX2).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:27 am

WhiteDragon wrote:
Glarthob wrote:probably fort wayne or evansville, If you want to play ITG
Fixed.
Yeah I'm going to have to stop you here. If you want to play ITG (lolol who doesn't) the stardust machine in Noblesville is the place to go.

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:41 am

he wants a place with people. Noblesville stardust has ONE.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I love r23 so much. Playing custom songs has made DDR new and exciting.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:10 pm

MonMotha wrote:I think Ben and Ari's in Fishers still has MAX2 if you're up for some old-school action. Otherwise your options are Dave and Buster's for PIU Pro (and hopefully it's no longer set to 1 song per credit) or XScape for PIU NXA and DDR Extreme if you don't mind the somewhat iffy locale and rampant misbehaving kids. It's too bad X-Site no longer has their Exceed 2.
I didn't realize D&B had screwed up the song count. Hopefully we can get them to change it again. Maybe not to a full 5 songs like before, but at least 3.

As for Xscape, I think their Pump machine may be out of order until it's fixed. Last I heard, some of the panels were completely unresponsive, and they need to replace the umbilical.
MonMotha wrote:Does Gameworks still have SN2 and USA? I wonder if GreatTimes still has NX. Cabinet was a little iffy, but it was otherwise not a terrible place.
Gameworks does still have SN2 and USA, but last time couple of times I was there the SN2 machine was turned off, and the USA machine is shoved back in the far corner of the arcade back where the fighters are. As for GreatTimes, I'm not sure if they still have the machine there or not, but judging by my previous experience, I'm guessing they probably do, since they don't seem to be in the habit of getting rid of old games, even if they're breaking down. That said, last time I played there, I couldn't hold a hold even if I was standing directly on the panels. :/
MonMotha wrote:You could also trek down to Bloomington. Great-X-Scape in the mall has DDR SN and PIU (Exceed 2 or Zero or NX, depending on how they feel that week, or I could possibly arrange for NX2).
Honestly, these are by far the best maintained machines in the state (aside from privately owned). The only downside would be the distance. I'd be willing to make the trip, but it would have to be on the off chance that I have the entire day off. :/