Bloomington's getting together thread.

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Bloomington's getting together thread.

Post by Riot » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 am

*shrug* My Life is Average.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:47 pm

we need to hang out, what little b-town is left >_< (i guess that would be me and Scott and kyler and stephen and kara and Jim)

BenedictKenny
Light
Light

Post by BenedictKenny » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:02 pm

I'm going to try to make it out tomorrow (Saturday) to the Mall. [Yes, from Chicago, and I'm here at the moment.]
It'll most likely be earlier in the day. If anyone could join me at some point, that'd be lovely.

I'm mostly just trying to kill time until some time around 6:30 or so. Yes. Long session. Word.

Also, it's possible that I'm moving to B-town in the fall, so yeah. It'd be nice to make non-collins friends.
Those guys are weird, in a bad way.

If people even want to just hang for awhile at some point, chill, talk, blah, that's all good.
Contrary to the stereotypes of smashy gamers, I'm overly social. Yes.

No, I don't play PiU very well. If anyone plays 3s, even better. If not, there's always DDurR, or jacks.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:45 pm

BenedictKenny wrote:I'm going to try to make it out tomorrow (Saturday) to the Mall. [Yes, from Chicago, and I'm here at the moment.]
It'll most likely be earlier in the day. If anyone could join me at some point, that'd be lovely.

I'm mostly just trying to kill time until some time around 6:30 or so. Yes. Long session. Word.

Also, it's possible that I'm moving to B-town in the fall, so yeah. It'd be nice to make non-collins friends.
Those guys are weird, in a bad way.

If people even want to just hang for awhile at some point, chill, talk, blah, that's all good.
Contrary to the stereotypes of smashy gamers, I'm overly social. Yes.

No, I don't play PiU very well. If anyone plays 3s, even better. If not, there's always DDurR, or jacks.
Haha, they sure are. weeaboos and stinky hippies, all of them.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:35 am

God dammit why couldn't you be in college when I was in B-Town?

Third strike community was tiny. Git cho ass to supercade.com

BenedictKenny
Light
Light

Post by BenedictKenny » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:38 pm

Merk wrote:God dammit why couldn't you be in college when I was in B-Town?

Third strike community was tiny. Git cho ass to supercade.com
Hahha.

Because I was too busy going to Purdue and not having a GF at IUB.
It's funny, because I was around a year or two ago TRYING to find fighting game players, and only managed to find one (from SRK [GhettoOnTheRise]).

Chuh.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:49 pm

I see I see.

I remember one time walking around a computer lab at IU and saw some dude posting on SRK. I thought about saying something but the baller in me told myself that approaching a person about the internet is never a good idea.

But yeah people need to get on supercade.com just give me a time and I'll be on hosting a gaiiiiiiim. And by gaim I mean Third Strike because seriously fuck everything else.

BenedictKenny
Light
Light

Post by BenedictKenny » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:49 am

Merk wrote:I see I see.

I remember one time walking around a computer lab at IU and saw some dude posting on SRK. I thought about saying something but the baller in me told myself that approaching a person about the internet is never a good idea.

But yeah people need to get on supercade.com just give me a time and I'll be on hosting a gaiiiiiiim. And by gaim I mean Third Strike because seriously fuck everything else.
Thanks to the eternity of Chicago tournaments, I feel like all that I can play is Street Fighter IV. Seriously. Most other games have been booted (besides the occasional Tekken VI and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which I am comparatively average at both).

I also find that approaching people posting on very specific sites (Reddit, DDRFreak, SRK) is usually a good idea, since so few people are into it, blah blah blah. It's like approaching a member of the secret club, when you think there are no members in whatever place you're in.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 am

Hey idiet morans play me in Street Fighter 4. Kenny, what do you have it for? I only have it for 360.... but if you have that add me Riot55555.