Pinheads!

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: Pinheads!

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu May 01, 2008 8:54 am

Fattoxthegreat wrote:So there I was at Pinheads, ITGin' it up, when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, comes this little bastard child with no doubt demon-parents who know not what they're doing trying to raise a child, and he kicks the absolute fuck out of the right side of the machine. Completely breakage. Andimiro seriously needs to make some more child-proof cabinets. Stupid little kid. I was so frightened by his monstrous rampage that I, and CDis both barely managed to escape with our lives...
Seriously, that type of behavior (which I saw plenty of when Sultan's Castle was around) is a major reason why I wish I had the money to buy arcade machines for Pump and DDR. (I already got ITG2PC) I hope that kid got an epic b&hammer as regardless of being a minor he should simply know better by that point.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu May 01, 2008 11:35 am

This kid actually just kicked the side of the cabinet in? I've seen and would understand the front speaker covers (or neon) to break when kicked, but I wouldn't expect MDF to collapse unless it had been water damaged, defective, or...basically, something unusual.
Cbav wrote:the itg2 there is also, very old.
Very old for an ITG2 cabinet is like what...2-3 years? The materials used in construction shouldn't be breaking down yet regardless of how cheaply it may have been made. (And I don't consider the AM-made ITG2 cabs to be cheaply made.)

Fattoxthegreat
Light
Light

Post by Fattoxthegreat » Thu May 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Nah, it was only the right side neon and plexi (I assume it's plexi, it seemed to shatter pretty easy though) but still a mighty amount of damage for a kid.
"When you're always pessimistic, you're always being pleasantly surprised."
-A wise and unknown man

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu May 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Fattoxthegreat wrote:Nah, it was only the right side neon and plexi (I assume it's plexi, it seemed to shatter pretty easy though) but still a mighty amount of damage for a kid.
I have never seen the plexi shatter. The neon underneath will shatter if the plexi is kicked though.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri May 02, 2008 7:36 am

Fattoxthegreat wrote:Nah, it was only the right side neon and plexi (I assume it's plexi, it seemed to shatter pretty easy though) but still a mighty amount of damage for a kid.
If that's the case then I'm not surprised. Like lgolem, I've never seen the cover actually shatter, but I've always thought it to be too thin and the neon mounted too close to it to really protect it from impact. However, I would argue that Andamiro doesn't need to build more childproof cabinets...parents need to raise more respectful children. There's just no excuse for that kind of behavior.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri May 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Ho wrote: Like lgolem, I've never seen the cover actually shatter, but I've always thought it to be too thin and the neon mounted too close to it to really protect it from impact.
Well Plexi is not supposed to shatter that is why it is safe glass, when it break it just cracks, it is not supposed to shatter at all. Now the neon inside will shatter with ease cause I didn't even hear the pump machine get kicked before I knew it, the neon was broken.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri May 02, 2008 2:53 pm

You've got it backward. Safety glass "popcorns." It shatters into tiny little pieces that are too small to fall on you and say...cut your arm off. They use it in cars and stuff so that if a window breaks a huge shard of glass doesn't impale you.

Plexiglass isn't glass and it's not safety glass either. It doesn't shatter, it just cracks. But the panel AM uses on the speaker cover seems like just regular old plastic.

If you want strong, go take a look at the sub covers on IIDX. They appear to be made of the same material and same thickness as the arrow panels on DDR. I'm guessing they would deflect small arms fire and absolutely laugh at the kick of some kid.

But I reiterate:
Ho wrote:I would argue that Andamiro doesn't need to build more childproof cabinets...parents need to raise more respectful children. There's just no excuse for that kind of behavior.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat May 03, 2008 11:58 am

lgolem wrote:
Ho wrote: Like lgolem, I've never seen the cover actually shatter, but I've always thought it to be too thin and the neon mounted too close to it to really protect it from impact.
Well Plexi is not supposed to shatter that is why it is safe glass, when it break it just cracks, it is not supposed to shatter at all. Now the neon inside will shatter with ease cause I didn't even hear the pump machine get kicked before I knew it, the neon was broken.
I'm testing this at GxS tonight. Brandon, I'll let you know how well your machine holds up!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat May 03, 2008 1:25 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
lgolem wrote:
I'm testing this at GxS tonight. Brandon, I'll let you know how well your machine holds up!
Try a Falcon Punch!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!