DDR-A-Thon 4!

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

DDR-A-Thon 4!

Post by malictus » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:51 am

Yes, it's time to start thinking about.... DDR-A-Thon 4!!

A little background for new folks:
The DDR-A-Thon events have been held yearly since 2002 (when IndyDDR was a Yahoo group!) They are charity fundraisers which raise money for Riley Hospital for Children; all total we have now raised OVER $4000 for Riley Hospital! We raise money by simply asking every entrant to bring in a donation for Riley. In the past, we have had tournaments, freestyle exhibitions, free pizza, and other sometimes wacky events. The DDR-A-Thons have grown to become Indiana's premier DDR event!

This year, I'll have some help in planning and organizing things (more on that coming soon...); in the past I've tried to do everything myself and usually end up beyond exhausted when it's all over...

Planning is at a very early stage right now, but chances are the format will be similar to last years --- in other words, a 3-day, all-weekend, all-freeplay event held most likely here in Bloomington at Lazerlite! Right now it looks as if April 22-24 might work out best. I realize it's impossible to find a suitable date for everyone, but please respond to this message and let me know if that date seems OK for most people. As before, you can come to any or all days of the event....

Edit (Ho): Find more DDR-A-Thon 4 discussion in the DDR-A-Thon 4 forum.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:17 pm

22-24th works for me. I can at least make it one or two of those days. Dont forget to do another variety tounamnet, But no Quiz that sucked ass.
Warning incoming game!

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:30 pm

I'll definatly try to make it this year, since many of the cancerious elements of the group have vanished, atleast enough to allow me to come by this time.

Anyway, the Dates sounds good. They're far enough into the future for most people to beable to work around them, if they so choose.

Think we're going to do T-shirts this time?

Cuz I already have an idea...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/ ... naDDR2.png

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:35 pm

That date seems fine to me. I look forward to this event as I do every year.

You mention having help this year. I don't know if that means you already have it or are looking for some. I will be happy to volunteer what I can if you are looking for some help. I'll be very interested in trying to get some publicity for the event--specifically television coverage. I came close last year, but there wasn't enough time to set it up. Let me know when you have a firm date as soon as possible so I can get with my contacts as early as possible this year.

I actually quite enjoyed the various events and activities last year that didn't have to do with playing DDR...or at least not playing it in any "normal" fashion. The quizzes and 'name that tune' type things were fun! I hope to see more of that kind of thing again...along with turning players into amphibians (frog style). ;)

EDIT: Another thought...If you're interested, I'll be happy to host a DDR-A-Thon discussion forum here at IndyDDR.com.
Last edited by Ho on Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:37 pm

HEY! Just a random thought of something fun we could do...

...If you have space to do it. We could do like, a "Dance Party" thing sometime during the event.

I would be more than happy to DJ the event for free, and I have all my own equipment. (Expect for speakers, but I intend to buy some with my first paycheck)

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:17 pm

Needless to say, I'll be at this event. I'm looking forward to it and the staple DDR-a-Thon wacky fun tournaments. =D

Also, I realize everything is in the early stages, but if we can get a party room and TV again, I could probably provide some Pop'n Music goodness. The only minor issue is that my fliptop'd PS2 has been screwing up a bit lately. I think I fixed it last night though, so if it makes until the DDR-a-Thon, I could easily bring Pop'n.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:40 pm

:cry: I have to miss it again!!

Friday: School, and hopefully ISSMA competition with my orchestra
Saturday: Quiz Bowl State Competition
Sunday: My folks drag me to church, and I have homework, most likely, and a Gov meeting before I leave for DC!!

I'm really sorry... I really wanna be a part of this.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:44 pm

Assuming I have a job/money/ride I'd be happy
to help out and donate.

Job shouldnt be a problem though, I applied at
a metal shop today.

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:11 pm

I'll be there again this time, hopefully I can crash at Chad's(Fluffyumpkin's) house again or something though, so I won't have to choose just one day to head down there.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:16 pm

hey a Date I can most likely make. BOUT TIME JIM!!!!!!!

Yah we had good times Matt hahahaha

edit: ho, we have to many discussions -_-x leave the title to something else.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:42 pm

There doesn't appear to be any reason why I could not make it on those dates. Bloomington is fairly easy to get to from Terrible Hole, so I could probably show up at least one day.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:56 pm

MonMotha wrote:There doesn't appear to be any reason why I could not make it on those dates. Bloomington is fairly easy to get to from Terrible Hole, so I could probably show up at least one day.
your not going to withdrawal from the tourney like you have before just because I show up are you? :roll:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:03 pm

CaseyDidder wrote:edit: ho, we have to many discussions -_-x leave the title to something else.
I don't understand what you mean by "leave the title to something else." I think you're talking about my offer to host a DAT discussion forum. All I'm proposing is to create a single temporary forum for people to create threads about the DDR-A-Thon in.

This way if there are multiple different topics to discuss during the planning phase, multiple threads can be created. These threads will all be contained to a single location to make them easy to find and browse. This is much easier to manage than trying to deal with multiple issues in a single thread where you get one post answering one question and another post answering a question from three posts ago.

And if your comment that we have too many discussions means that you think we have too many forums already, you were the one who requested the Other Games Entirely forum be created. Discussion of the DDR-A-Thon is more closely tied to this community than discussion of other games, and its addition would still result in fewer forums than the old site had. I do not see why you would complain.

The offer still stands. I'll wait for Jim's judgement, since he was who I offered it to in the first place.

Karl
Standard
Standard

Post by Karl » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:07 pm

I will be there once again for DDR-A-Thon. Can't wait.
The internet is serious buisness, kids.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:41 pm

well considering lazer lite is two blocks from my apt....you know i'll be there.