DDR-A-Thon 4!

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:00 pm

UmmeiGenkai wrote:yay! i'm sure i can go, i live just down the road. so all i need is to make sure my mom stays up so she can pick me up at closing ^_^; ... i really need to get a driver's license... just one more year. I'm so happy about the ddr-a-thon 4, i went to the last one and it was really fun
Yo,

I can give you a ride home at close.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:41 pm

I can probably make it Saturday afternoon after I get off of work, and if fluffy is still offering, then maybe spend the night there!
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:25 am

Jim whatever you do though, make sure the Tech portion isn't gayified by certain people aimed more towards the 'fun' area. Tech IS fun for alot of us. You will have 3 days to do stupid stuff for everyone else :)

stupid stuff IE: Freestyle :)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:41 am

CaseyDidder wrote:Jim whatever you do though, make sure the Tech portion isn't gayified by certain people aimed more towards the 'fun' area. Tech IS fun for alot of us. You will have 3 days to do stupid stuff for everyone else :)

stupid stuff IE: Freestyle :)
There's room enough for all. Declaring something stupid simply because it is not to your tastes is pointless--whether joking or not. I look forward to any and all events Jim has in store for us.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:04 am

Yep, we have 3 days to work with, so there's plenty of time to do a number of tournaments. I enjoy the straight-ahead tech tournaments as much as I do the sillier stuff, so there will definitely be both....

And yes I'm pretty sure we will have use of a party room again. Those of you who attended DDR-A-Thon "3.5" last fall remember that we had use of a party room for Donkey Konga, PopNMusic and ShammerS's Smash Brothers tournament. I'm hopeful we can do something like this again...

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:02 am

ok good ;D can we get a recent setup though for the tourney? POINT SYSTEM PLEASE :) if you have questions (i'm sure you do) I could run it by you. Point system = strategy in tech tournaments. Whole new game with them.

Ho, LIGHTEN UP D: I Like watching freestyle for the most part, long as its you or sam I'm watching -_-x

Tsaren
Light
Light

Post by Tsaren » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:22 pm

Heh keep me informed on dates and times if i can make it then by all means i shal mwhaha. must...get...back...in shape... too ... long away...from last... time.... /passes out

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:44 pm

I gave away my copy of Donkey Konga to a friend of mine, but she'd probably be willing to loan me the bongos back for this. She also has all of the Taiko no Tatsujins (except #2) and a Japanese PS2; I won't promise that I'd be able to get ahold of them, but I'll ask her.

Also anybody who has a Nintendo DS needs to bring it so you can see Daigasso! Band Brothers, it supports 8 players off one cart and is a ton of fun.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:37 pm

Whew... I went home for the weekend so I'm a little late on my reply.

Lots of interest here, which is great news!

There will be plenty of housing available for the weekend. Both at my place and many of my Brother's places. This is an attempt to save you guys some money since hotel's aren't cheap. Who stays where will be worked out later.

I'm also very entertained by the tourney ideas you guys have. Three days is a loooong time so the more ideas, the better. I must admit I was a fan of 'name that tune' and the bemani trivia.

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:57 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Whew... I went home for the weekend so I'm a little late on my reply.

Lots of interest here, which is great news!

There will be plenty of housing available for the weekend. Both at my place and many of my Brother's places. This is an attempt to save you guys some money since hotel's aren't cheap. Who stays where will be worked out later.

I'm also very entertained by the tourney ideas you guys have. Three days is a loooong time so the more ideas, the better. I must admit I was a fan of 'name that tune' and the bemani trivia.
Yo,

I call your bedroom's floor again. :)

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:30 am

if somebody is willing to let me and joe or maybe just me crash at their place I am willing to bring

Karaokee revolution 1,2, and 3 OMG!!!!1111

Tako Drum Master

Donkey Konga

and

GT 4
and.......... one PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH

now I leave it in your hands

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:20 pm

I might be able to make it but dont count on it.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:13 pm

I would like to come... but Star Wars Celebration III is the same weekend.... I'm going to have a tough choice lol.
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:46 pm

i'll definately be there but i might only be able to stay for one day cause i live in northwest indiana
Team KIMO represent!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:54 pm

I have created a new discussion forum for DDR-A-Thon 4 to allow for easier threaded communication on the topic.