DDR-A-Thon 4!

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:39 pm

are they going to fix the machines there? when I went only exteme worked, and the stage was wayyy tilted away from the screen. The lights on that barely worked, and the ones that flash at the top blind you. The neon doesn't work at all.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:57 pm

Count me in!! (Stefanie incase you didnt know :P ) Let me know if you need ANY help. I plan on raising more than I did last year.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:47 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:are they going to fix the machines there? when I went only exteme worked, and the stage was wayyy tilted away from the screen. The lights on that barely worked, and the ones that flash at the top blind you. The neon doesn't work at all.
Yes, you can actually thank Ho for this since he fixed the 4+ machine last week :) We'll make sure that the machines are as fixed as they can possibly be before the event. Susie owns the machines outright so we don't have to deal with a 3rd party when doing maintenance/repairs.

Thanks for the responses everybody, keep 'em coming. Brian, yes I think a separate forum would be a good idea. And yes, I do have some help already, but additional help is ALWAYS appreciated, especially if it involves TV publicity!

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:38 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:are they going to fix the machines there? when I went only exteme worked, and the stage was wayyy tilted away from the screen. The lights on that barely worked, and the ones that flash at the top blind you. The neon doesn't work at all.

hmm, when was extreme ever like that?

anyway, i cant wait...been a while since a lot of indiana ppl got together.

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:39 pm

I already posted something at work about donating/going to it if they want to, I plan on *attempting* to get something on my school's announcements for a couple days before the event or something, maybe posters around my school to collect donations at least.

Everybody should at least try to post something wherever they work saying they can collect donations to take down or give info needed for other people to go themselves. It'd be really appreciated, thanks(Sorry if i stepped on your toes or something Jim)

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:12 am

Count me in! If party room is available, I can bring the TAikO, and the Beatmania IIDX. :D Children :D

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

Post by yamcha61 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:17 am

I could probally make it for at least one day.
What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:22 am

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:well considering lazer lite is two blocks from my apt....you know i'll be there.
Well then, looks looks like I'll have to show up to get my payback from 3.5, eh? :twisted: :wink:

I'll see if I can get the day off.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:46 am

Yo,

You bet i'll be there for the three days!

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:00 pm

Ill try to get down there for at least a day as wel...perhaps crash up with someone so i could stay for 2?

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:59 pm

My god, I had a blast at DDR-A-Thon 3. That guess-the-song thing was great XD

"ZOMG OVER THE RAINBOW FOR TEH WIN!!1"

...yeah.

I'd also love to see IIDX/Pop'n/etc set up in a party room. I ALSO also wouldn't mind seeing ITG (or 2, if it's out by then) set up in the 4th+ for one of the days, but whatever you do is fine. >.>;

My school has a three-day weekend! ^_^ So, unless we have a snow make-up, I can make it for ALL day of all three days, hot.

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:19 pm

Louisville crew will be there

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:02 pm

pkmnx wrote:I ALSO also wouldn't mind seeing ITG (or 2, if it's out by then) set up in the 4th+ for one of the days, but whatever you do is fine. >.>;
Oh my god, NO! Not that I wouldn't love to see ITG at Lazerlite and not that it's likely at all, but the stage on that machine is downright atrocious. I mean, there're cases on machines where there's an occasional dropped arrow or two from a faulty sensor... then there're extreme cases like our 4th+ where you struggle to pass Maniac songs with a C.

If anything, I'd like to see one of those shiny new ITG2 cabinets in 4th+'s place if for no other reason than there being a new reliable stage. Don't get me wrong, I love the 4th+ mix to death... but I only love playing it when the stage is in working order, y'know?

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:17 pm

Somebody give me a ride from West Lafayette.

UmmeiGenkai
Standard
Standard

Post by UmmeiGenkai » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:46 pm

yay! i'm sure i can go, i live just down the road. so all i need is to make sure my mom stays up so she can pick me up at closing ^_^; ... i really need to get a driver's license... just one more year. I'm so happy about the ddr-a-thon 4, i went to the last one and it was really fun