so, what's up everyone

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

so, what's up everyone

Post by elcuebee » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:50 pm

*snip*
Last edited by elcuebee on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Re: so, what's up everyone

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:07 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote: I've been playing on my blueshark at home a lot so if anyone has any crazy edits, i've been passing stuff like Pulse (BMR version), The Logical Song (tournamix fast version), Complicated (from tournamix also) etc. so i'd love a challenge :D
what part of indiana? people hang out in ft wayne and indy.

trying to download tournamix now from http://www.otakusdream.com/downloads.htm#560 but i didn't see the songs you mentioned listed
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:43 pm

Yeah man. If you're in the Indianapolis area you should come to our IndyGroove night at Rascals. :)
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Re: so, what's up everyone

Post by elcuebee » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:59 am

BigBadOrc wrote:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote: I've been playing on my blueshark at home a lot so if anyone has any crazy edits, i've been passing stuff like Pulse (BMR version), The Logical Song (tournamix fast version), Complicated (from tournamix also) etc. so i'd love a challenge :D
what part of indiana? people hang out in ft wayne and indy.

trying to download tournamix now from http://www.otakusdream.com/downloads.htm#560 but i didn't see the songs you mentioned listed
tournamix had 6 seperate tournaments, i'm not sure which one was in which one.

I could send them to you over AIM if you wanted.

About the IndyGroove night, what day of the week is that, is it weekly or?

It's about a 2 hour drive to Indianapolis but i'd be able to go there for sure, i assume. :) What games do they have at Rascals (in terms of bemani)?

EDIT: and does anyone know where Drummania is in Indy or nearby states at all? (Besides the Ho House although i wouldn't be against another party there, haha)

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:10 am

I don't think the aim version I use supports file transfer. (I usually use it at work). But perhaps you could post it to a file upload site such as megaupload.com ?

And yeah, just check the gettin together threads.. in indy we usually meet on friday at rascals on washington st. this week i think there were people there monday, tuesday, and wednesday as well :X
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:57 am

Welcome back (again/in advance), Dez.

Your choice in Indianapolis-are meetups these days are:

1) Wednesday nights at X-Site in Castleton for Pump It Up, where you will know me and probably nobody else, or

2) Friday nights at Rascals on E Washington St. for ITG/DDR, where you will know me (if I'm there) and probably nobody else.

Other than me, I don't think there's really anyone left that you would remember from when you've visited in the past--at least not that plays with any regularity. That's not to say you won't enjoy meeting the new people...

As for DrumMania, the machine at Westside is no longer there because they got rid of all their video games. I seem to recall hearing that it was sold to another arcade somewhere in the state (maybe Kokomo?), but I have not seen nor confirmed that.

So I'm afraid you're out of luck in the Indianapolis area. Although, as I recall, you don't actually stay very near to Indy, so you might have some more luck closer to where you're staying.
liquidblue aka DBV wrote:and believe it or not, i'm actually doing modeling work now professionally also, hahaha, i don't even believe it myself (Brian should get into it... it's pretty easy and costs nothing, and hell, i'm making $75-100 an hour!)
Brian as in me? You think I should try modeling?! I am at a complete loss as to what seeing me wearing/doing would make anyone want to buy. But congratulations for landing yourself such a gig.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:56 pm

I already did the X-Site thing (not saying it sucked, it was pretty awesome); so this time i'll probably do the Rascals thing.

Question though, I keep on seeing people here talk about playing Drummania V somewhere in Indy or something (Shammers especially mentioned it multiple times I think) or at least SOME drummania somewhere... maybe it's a home version?

As for Rascals, i assume it only has ITG/DDR in the way of bemani and nothing else or?

And finally, as for modeling, you'd be suprised; some photographers just want to do some crazy stuff, and they're soooo particular about a certain facial feature or look or whatever that they'll pay you tons of money because you're the only person who fits exactly what they want, and so on. :P

No tournaments going on though from September 20th-October 1st though I take it?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:00 pm

I remember someone telling me they moved the drummania machine to some arcade in anerson
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:41 am

So, you're getting here on my last night in town? (If my folks decide not to go up the night before.)

I hate missing everything. T_T

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:20 pm

:( sorry! not much i can do about changing the date :/