Fun Tourny?

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Darkstarwebstar
Standard
Standard

Fun Tourny?

Post by Darkstarwebstar » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:23 pm

who would like to start make a ddr dance off at ben and aris soon. lots of people can meet up and well make the rules online so there will be no problems and ever1 who shows up agreed to the rules or what ever. but since there are so few ddr tornements her in noblesville that would be fun to do. the all people who play contribute some sort of money and winner takes all.(or something like that. tell me what you think and maybe this will be sooner than never.
You're beautiful
Well I'm a total wreck and almost every day.
Like the firing squad or the mess you made.
Well don't I look pretty walking down the street.
In the best damn dress(pair of pants for me) I own?
My Chemical Romance- Give Em Hell, Kid

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Re: Fun Tourny?

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:43 pm

Darkstarwebstar wrote:who would like to start make a ddr dance off at ben and aris soon. lots of people can meet up and well make the rules online so there will be no problems and ever1 who shows up agreed to the rules or what ever. but since there are so few ddr tornements her in noblesville that would be fun to do. the all people who play contribute some sort of money and winner takes all.(or something like that. tell me what you think and maybe this will be sooner than never.
if winner takes all at ben and ari tourneys, i will be at every single one.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:54 pm

Sorry, hon, but we're not letting you drive your fellow DDRers broke by smashing the B & A's crew...

Not to mention the staff may not like you too much for driving away business, and I don't want to lose another machine.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:15 pm

Yume_Taira wrote:Sorry, hon, but we're not letting you drive your fellow DDRers broke by smashing the B & A's crew...

Not to mention the staff may not like you too much for driving away business, and I don't want to lose another machine.
hahah the management would let me play :) dont matter what you say.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:36 pm

Funny, I didn't think B&A's was the kind of place to run tourneys.

It sounds like you want to start a tourney of your own. In which case, I guarantee the management would want to know about something like that. Making a money pool for a game is called gambling, I believe.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:52 pm

I agree...theres no way the management is going to go for it, unless we pay an entry fee to them and they get a cut. Sorry kids

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:15 pm

The staff can always kick people out, Casey. My friend's band got banished for cussing once in one of their songs, and a couple of my friends were removed for overly rude behavior. I don't think you'd go over too well in a family-fun establishment like that in the middle of suburbia.

About the money thing, I really don't mind if you guys want me to put together an actual tourney. The staff would agree, and I know plenty of people who'd help make the rules and such.

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

Post by yamcha61 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:19 am

I've already talked to Lenard and John about holding tournaments, and they said simply tell them and if we could get enough people involved then they would run everything. To the prizes and entry fees. If it is needed I could set up a tournament if a lot of people would come and compete :D
What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:40 am

SoDeepPolaris wrote:It sounds like you want to start a tourney of your own. In which case, I guarantee the management would want to know about something like that. Making a money pool for a game is called gambling, I believe.
Actually, it's not gambling since DDR is a game of skill and not chance.
Indiana Gambling Law wrote:"Gambling" means risking money or other property for gain, contingent in whole or in part upon lot, chance, or the operation of a gambling device; but it does not include participating in:
(1) bona fide contests of skill, speed, strength, or endurance in which awards are made only to entrants or the owners of entries...
(I only know this because I had to made sure the DDR-A-Thons were fully legal before I could make them official Riley Hospital funraisers....)

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:15 pm

lmao they wouldn't kick me out just because some over zealous anime lover doesn't want to cry at another tournament because that over zealous anime lover had to play me.

Now that I think about it... I've made alot of ppl cry during tournaments, no matter how sad that may seem.

Darkstarwebstar
Standard
Standard

Post by Darkstarwebstar » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:21 am

All very valid points. playing for fun is still good but yeah technicly it isnt gambling since its just not but i do see all points are valid. well keep talking and maybe well just play for fun... or an underground ddr game... no for fun is best.
You're beautiful
Well I'm a total wreck and almost every day.
Like the firing squad or the mess you made.
Well don't I look pretty walking down the street.
In the best damn dress(pair of pants for me) I own?
My Chemical Romance- Give Em Hell, Kid

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:41 am

Yo,

I'll be there tonight for this "underground DDR game". :lol:

Hoody2006
Standard
Standard

Post by Hoody2006 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:53 pm

Sorry, hon, but we're not letting you drive your fellow DDRers broke by smashing the B & A's crew...

how did you lose a machine
if it doesnt matter who wins or loses then why do they keep score
-Vince Lombardi-

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:06 pm

Hoody2006 wrote:

how did you lose a machine
Under the last management, the DDR machine was removed. Because apparently people like me Damage the pads and things like that.

Mr. Worm
Standard
Standard

Post by Mr. Worm » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:22 pm

How 'bout you have the tourny somewhere else, so we can play the game?