Fun Tourny?

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:04 pm

It isn't happening...

and why did you bump this thread?

...why did I bump this thread, too? ARGH@!

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:01 am

sounds like some people are bitter about sucking

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:59 am

Grubb wrote:
Hoody2006 wrote:
Sorry, hon, but we're not letting you drive your fellow DDRers broke by smashing the B & A's crew...

Not to mention the staff may not like you too much for driving away business, and I don't want to lose another machine.
how did you lose a machine
Under the last management, the DDR machine was removed. Because apparently people like me Damage the pads and things like that.
As a Shaffer-supplied location, the appearance, removal, appearance, removal, and appearance (yes, MAX2 is the third DDR machine that's been there over the years) of machines probably has less do to with the store management and much more to do with whatever (misguided) agenda Shaffer has. Besides, I don't believe that the management at B&A has changed anyway.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:16 am

Ho wrote:As a Shaffer-supplied location, the appearance, removal, appearance, removal, and appearance (yes, MAX2 is the third DDR machine that's been there over the years) of machines probably has less do to with the store management and much more to do with whatever (misguided) agenda Shaffer has. Besides, I don't believe that the management at B&A has changed anyway.
I donno, I think the manager has atleast once in the past 4 years.

I remember very clearly being kicked out by the manager for "Breaking the Pad" which was already broken. But I also remember having a meeting with a different guy about DJing while they're switching bands durring band night.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:32 am

That may be entirely possible. Although I would say that there are probably multiple managers there: owner, general manager, store manager, assistant manager, etc. (or whatever title they give them). So we may simply be talking about different people.

But that wasn't really my point. The point was simply that Shaffer likely has more control over what machine is there when than anyone at the store does. I remember for sure that Ben & Ari's lost its 3rd VK2 machine within a week or so of Block Party's closing. This would have been a key opportunity for them since they were the closest location to Block Party at the time and had the same mix. But alas, Shaffer moved the machine to Just 4 Fun (that machine is now the one at Laser Flash).

I actually called Shaffer at the time to find out where the machine went. They acknowledged the opportunity but said they had already promised the machine to J4F. The Block Party machine ended up at LazerLite in Bloomington and is now their 4th Plus.

At any rate, I'm sure that the individual stores may voice their opinions, but the actual movement of the machines is entirely up to Shaffer since they do own them.