UofL DDR "FINAL STAGE" Tourney - Mar. 25th

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

UofL DDR "FINAL STAGE" Tourney - Mar. 25th

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:16 pm

DATE: Friday, March 25th
PLACE: U of L campus. SAC Game Room, Louisville KY
TIME: Starts at 2pm. Late registration goes until 4pm. Tournament ends at 10 pm.
MIX: Extreme
NO Qualifiers. Random Seeding.
ENTRY FEE: 5 dollars

Prize Money Distribution:
1st: 40%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%

Rules:
2 out of 3 song format, song victory determined by PA formula of (2 x P) + G + (2 x OK) - (2 x M). If the battle goes to the third song, third song will be played on random shuffle. Other permitted mods are allowed.

Seeding:
This tournament is designed so that two things can happen.
1. People can have a double elim
2. People who are traveling from out of state (like you guys) can show up later and still register (ends at 4 pm). Seeding will be completely random.

Divisions:
For time purposes, heavy only.

DDR Mix:
Extreme

Mods:
Speed mods are allowed. All other mods except right, left, little, shuffle, and mirror are allowed. Shuffle is forced if match goes to a third song. Solo must be agreed on by both players.

Elimination Style:
Double Elimination. If time allows, the losers bracket will be handled normally. If time doesn't allow, then revert to the infamous Lazer Blaze "Survival Mode". One song, random, winner advances.

Blacklisted Songs:
Flashing 10 footers, despite being nullified in usefullness by the 2/3 rule, will be banned from the first round of the tournament. This is to prevent another incident of someone getting PSMO'ed in the first round. If a flashing 10 pops up as a random, it will be played as normal, WITH the shuffle mod attatched.

Karl
Standard
Standard

Post by Karl » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:02 am

Damn, don't think I can get from Evansville to UoL in an hour.

Edit:

I don't have school that Friday. I'm totally going. Anything else to play down there game-wise?
The internet is serious buisness, kids.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:07 am

There is an adjoining T.V. Room near the machine. The DDR Club is going to rent it out and set up various things in there. Expect to see other game consoles and maybe another set of pads (CF's) to play on and pass the time.

We are in the middle of the Student Activities Center so food won't be a problem. Directly below will be Subway, Wendy's, Papa John's, etc etc.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:21 am

I'd love to show up, but Friday before 4pm would require taking at least a half day off work. Maybe next time you can make it on a weekend?

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:50 pm

I'd absolutely love to do it on a weekend, but I'm restricted to the hours that the Game Room is open.

For liability reasons they have to staff the game room to make sure no one breaks the pool tables and ping pong tables, etc etc.

Renting management is expensive there! They charge over 10 bucks an hour and I just simply don't have that in the budget at this moment. I'm trying to work out a deal with them to "hire" me so that I can be the staff that watches. Basically I would be paying myself to work.

In the future it's possible, but maybe not until after the first couple of tourneys. We'll be more looking into this in the summer.

For now, you could still come down after you got off work :wink:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:58 pm

Coming down after work would put me there at about 7:30 or 8...too late to really participate in anything. I think I'm just going to pass on this one, but good luck with the event!

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:09 pm

I'm off school that friday, depending on situations, and if anybody else wants to go, I may show up.

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:24 pm

CgSquall wrote:I'm off school that friday, depending on situations, and if anybody else wants to go, I may show up.
yea... 8)

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:43 pm

bad weekend, same time as Cleveland event which I rather attend, for the better players.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:01 pm

Anyone that comes down can stay at my place or another one of my friends place on friday night so you dont have to make the trip home right afterwards.

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:05 pm

CaseyDidder wrote:bad weekend, same time as Cleveland event which I rather attend, for the better players.
uhh...you're not good. There won't be any missed competition from you anyway.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:01 pm

LiLTT wrote:
CaseyDidder wrote:bad weekend, same time as Cleveland event which I rather attend, for the better players.
uhh...you're not good. There won't be any missed competition from you anyway.
lols @ the noob black guy ^_^

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:13 pm

Karl wrote:Damn, don't think I can get from Evansville to UoL in an hour.

Edit:

I don't have school that Friday. I'm totally going. Anything else to play down there game-wise?
KARL'S COMING...............YEAAAAAAAAAA :lol:

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:42 pm

Karl wrote:Damn, don't think I can get from Evansville to UoL in an hour.

Edit:

LilTT's mom :D

Karl
Standard
Standard

Post by Karl » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:38 am

Sorry, no fat chicks. : O
The internet is serious buisness, kids.