Greatimes: Epic New Xenesis Manuever

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:32 am

Where is this place?
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:56 am

FLAKK wrote:Where is this place?
5341 Elmwood Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46203

Phone: (317)780-0300
Fax: (317)781-6374

For more info: http://greatimesfunpark.com
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:38 pm

I might check this place out next time I'm in town.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:58 pm

I can play Handsome Character that Pass on 4x again. ^_^

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:08 pm

Hokay...so here is my Great Times visiting times

Wednesday: 1ish - ???? (who knows how long I am a little short on cash, unless I can use the Great Times tokens that were put in our machines)

Friday: probably close to 4 - however long (its pay day bitches...lots of money)

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:28 pm

Alright, so I dropped by there earlier.

The machine itself is in pretty good condition. The color on the screen is definitely a little screwy, but not enough to effect gameplay. The pads seem to be in decent shape too. They're a little worn, that's for sure, but they seem pretty responsive. The bars are also kind of loose, but that's to be expected. The funny thing is that the 2p bar only has one screw holding it on, but the 1p bar moves a lot more. As far as audio wise, I didn't notice anything wrong. It's at a nice volume, and there aren't other machines around that will drown it out.

Now, I only ended up playing one round today. For those of you that don't know, I play barefoot and/or in socks. Now, I've never had a problem with this before, but apparently Greatimes is quite strict about their no shirt, no shoes, no service policy.

An employee came by and asked if I had shoes before I had even chosen my first song. After explaining that I did, but always play barefoot and that shoes slow me down, he gave me an "I don't know about this..." look and went away. He came back in the middle of my second song and told me that he had talked to his manager and that I needed to be wearing shoes at all times in there. So I played my last two songs in my cheap slip on shoes, and ended up failing at the end of Chung Hwa NM due to it.

Afterwards I talked with the manager on duty for a bit. He pretty much told me that it's a general rule for Greatimes and that he didn't have the authority to bend it for me. He was, however, very polite about the whole thing, and told me I should talk to the GM, who might be willing to cut me some slack on it. He said that the GM would be in tomorrow until 6ish and gave me his card, so I think I'm going to give him a call tomorrow afternoon and see if I can come in and talk with him before he leaves.

So, for everyone else here, I think you'll be just fine with it. It looks like I'm the only one who's going to have any trouble there.

Oh, also, they were rather busy today with school out and all, and I did have to shoo a couple kids off the edge of the pad between songs, but nothing major.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:05 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:.....but apparently Greatimes is quite strict about their no shirt, no shoes, no service policy.....
solution to problem ^_^

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:13 pm

Devil weights! :x
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:08 am

WhiteDragon wrote:Devil weights! :x
Maybe you should play with hefty boots on all the time. Then when you take them off to play barefoot after a while, your feet will be like omgswoooooooosh!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:38 pm

I played it a little today (an by little I mean 16$ worth...so only 32 times), I have played on WORSE machines...I am just spoiled with a well taken care of, Stage Break off machine. My major problems were the back buttons, on the left side...the back right arrow would just totally not work sometimes, the right side worked better but the back arrows would break holds, the screen is off but not enough to really screw with things, I still have tokens left over and I am still going Friday, cause it is NX....it is worth it.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:45 pm

*Double post*

And if I kind of look shady/sneaky on Friday...I will kind of be....my leg like spazzed up and I fell to the floor (cause it REALLY FUCKING HURT) and I said a couple things and realized kids were like 2 feet away...and they ran off to tell there mom....and I just grabbed my stuff and left....lol.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:07 pm

Secef wrote:
Maybe you should play with hefty boots on all the time. Then when you take them off to play barefoot after a while, your feet will be like omgswoooooooosh!
Ok Goku.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Secef wrote:
Ok Goku.
Piccolo did that too you know......DAMN MY ANIME NERDYNESS

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:31 am

Going Monday at like 11 for many hours since I have A LOT of tokens left

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:53 am

I am heading to Great Time in like an hour or so be there around noon....late notice I know but I will be there for a while.