X-Site Tuesday Crew

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

X-Site Tuesday Crew

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:59 am

I was only at X-Site last night for a short time...maybe about half an hour between 6:30 and 7. Yesterday was my eight year wedding anniversary with Lissa, so you might imagine it was more important to me to be home rather than out playing Pump...not that I don't love all you X-Site people. :)

Anyway, for those of you that showed up, you were likely made aware that X-Site has started a 'pay one price' special on Tuesdays. Basically, it's a flat entry fee for unlimited game play in the vein of TBT.

Of course given the limited number and variety of games that most of us play there, the entry fee of $10 for video games only and $25 for video+tag is not an especially good deal. I know that personally I only spend maybe $5 on tokens every two weeks, so the new pricing would have me spending in one night what I normally spend in one month.

Several of us talked to the manager Kevin. He was going to talk to the owner to see if he could offer us either a separate deal on Tuesdays or move the old $5 for 25 tokens special that we've been getting on Tuesdays to another day. He was going to call me and let me know what was determined.

The result of this is that we might move our meetup to another night. Nothing has been determined yet, but does anyone have any thoughts/concerns/requests?

I will keep you all posted as I get more information and this situation develops.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:55 pm

I got a callback from Kevin today. I really appreciate that he followed through with it. It's a joy and a pleasure to work with business owners/managers who take the time to get to know and get involved with the community and establish relationships with their regular customers.

Anyway, he said that we can continue to come on Tuesday nights and that he'd only charge us regulars $5 admission. Alternatively, he can move the $5 for 25 tokens special to another night...maybe Wednesday or Thursday.

Does anyone have a preference? I know that most of us probably spend less than $5 on Tuesdays, and I don't know if another night might be easier for some of us to get together.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:21 am

doo doo dod oDOO Doo

Well i went there tuesday and me and me and phobos actually left because of the lack of people. I hope moe people ussually show up than that. Im not saying marissa and brandon arent cool cuz they definitly are but i was just expecting more than 2 people ya naw. If i ever do go I dont think it will effect me cuz i ussually never play piu.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:10 am

A lot of people showed up and left before you got there due to the oddball pricing thing. There's usually around 7-10 people there on a Tuesday.

I'd be up for Wednesdays since paying $5 would mean I'd pay about double what I normally pay to play.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

DjKARL
Standard
Standard

Post by DjKARL » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:58 am

I know that I will make it this coming Tuesday! $10 cover be dam*ed!

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:24 pm

what's the scoop on this upcoming tuesday? go or no go?
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:13 pm

Damn.

Well, hopefully this will all be figured out by the time I get back. I don't really like the idea of the flat fee thing, as I usually only spend $2-3 on Tuesdays. I wouldn't mind if it's moved to Wednesday, but once the summer ends my Thursday nights will most likely already be filled.

Oh, and I'll be getting back late on the 1st, so if the meetup is still on Tuesdays I won't be able to make it, but if it gets moved to Wednesday I'll be able to make it that week.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:16 pm

SirPhobos wrote:what's the scoop on this upcoming tuesday? go or no go?
just go to tbt at gameworks, thats were all the cool kids wil be
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:55 am

Potter wrote:
SirPhobos wrote:what's the scoop on this upcoming tuesday? go or no go?
just go to tbt at gameworks, thats were all the cool kids wil be
So we can pay twice as much to play fewer games we actually care about? No thanks.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:27 am

well i sure aint goin to xsite to meet with 3 whole people to play a gamexz i dun like

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:16 pm

That's your choice. You've made your stance pretty clear before. This thread wasn't really targeted at you in the first place.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:20 pm

im sowwwwwy

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:26 pm

So.....? What's tomorrow's plan?
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:37 pm

I wish I knew. I have a couple people I want to call and check up on and then maybe we can make a decision.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:09 pm

Sorry...I don't roam around this forum too much.

I vote for changing the day, definitely. I rarely put down $5 for tokens in one night. Unless I get there early, but that won't happen anymore.

Wednesday and Thursday are both fine. ^_^