Castleton X-Site

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:28 am

Since we're getting a bit offtopic here (par for the course on IndyDDR, I know), I'll try and wrap this up.

The difficulty rating system on Exceed and newer is pretty much out of 20. Most "normal" songs top out at 20. However, there are a few (6, I believe, plus a remix) songs that are rated above 20. For the most part, these are somewhat like the maxes of DDR: they're the "hard songs" of their respective mix (Dignity, Cannon-D, and LIADZ2 being amongst them), and only one of those (LIADZ2) is rated above 20 on a single player (Crazy) chart; the others are only >20 on Nightmare (the equiv. of maniac double).

It's something like DDR having a scale that goes up to 10, but then having "flashing 10s" (LOM and PSM, the "hard songs" of Extreme). Of course, the difficulty of 10 was a creation very late in the series (MAX2, since DDRMAX didn't have "foot ratings"), anyway. So one might say that DDR goes up to "flashing 10 of 9", though it's fairly clear on Extreme that 10 was intended to be a viable difficulty since it is shown as a dimmed foot for songs rated lower.

Now, there's some debate as to whether those songs deserve their >20 ratings, but that's how they're rated.

The system seems to have originated as a "out of 20" system. Exceed 1 did not have anything rated above 20 (the >20s from that version and before were all rerated later for Exceed 2).

Oh, I should also point out that the rating system does not follow DDR/ITG. A Pump 10 is much easier than a DDR 10.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:36 am

Oh, lol. My bad. I didn't notice that you changed In The Groove to Pump It Up. I was wondering wtf 23 of 20 had to do with ITG...

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:23 pm

So is anyone planning on going tomorrow...? (7/11)

Happy 8th, by the way, Ho. I'm sure the mrs. wouldn't mind a brief stint at the ol' arcade. :lol: haha. just kiddin'.
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:14 pm

ill prolly be goin next tuesday ads thats when ho and people will be able to make it. you shoulds just go then
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:50 pm

I'm pretty much there every Tuesday during the summer. I believe Ho said he'd be there, but not for the entire evening.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:51 am

So is that today? well since im on a normal schedule now ill try to hit it up liek wahhh. when does everyone ussually get theere agian

edit: yea i just found out i could go, so whos all gunna be there?
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:05 pm

i'll probably be there sometime between 5 and 5:30. i'm still at work currently.

hope to see some of you old timers! :lol:
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:47 pm

on my way BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:18 pm

Well, I would have been there, as I generally go every Tuesday, but it just so happens that I'm in good ol' California at the moment and won't be back until the 1st. Otherwise, I would have loved to have been there.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?